Reed - 1 (2%)
Gladwin - 0 (0%)
Williams - 0 (0%)
McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Simpson - 14 (28%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Bristol R MoM  (Read 2374 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 14:54:26 »

Frustrating afternoon. Niggly game, but we conceded way too much possession by playing consistently long. Anyone who criticises Garner for not having a Plan B can't complain, but I didn't recognise us a lot of the time today. 2 points lost.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 14:55:44 »

That wasn't a Plan B, that was a team getting ruffled on losing options.  Press a league two player with limited options around them and they will put their foot through it evebtually.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 14:58:46 »

That wasn't a Plan B, that was a team getting ruffled on losing options.  Press a league two player with limited options around them and they will put their foot through it evebtually.

I was being ironic. They put their foot through it consistently. I don't think we'd have played the same with Jojo in goal though, or Lyden after the hour.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:23:19 »

Difficult one.
Ward was OK. We know his weakness
Hunt solid and had a good first half attacking
Odimayo supported Iandolo very well on the left. Linked a bit with Williams in the first
Conroy had a strong first half and did OK in second
O'Brien was solid in the first and stood out more in the second
Reed ran around and played one beautiful pass in the first. Poor free kick towards the end.
Gladwin was too slow. Little flashes, but struggled
Williams was kicked off the ball
Simpson was superb for 15 mins
McKirdy full of running all game.

So, think its probably best to go for one of the defenders. Probably go for O'Brien, who saved us a few times.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:31:54 »

JOB for me, easily, good in the air and on the deck and can pass a ball too, he looks a step up from Crichlow TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:39:02 »

I went for Simpson. He showed more than he normally does and his touch wasn’t great but a well taken goal and could have had another. Personally thought O’brien was poor first half but much improved in the second. Hard to pick MOTM today
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:44:14 »

Simpson and McKirdy were good,.
O'Brien was very good.
Hunt was excellent and gets my vote. Just.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 17:04:58 »

Williams worst game in a town shirt, sponsors only give it to him so they could have a picture.

Simpson for me.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 18:10:20 »

Tough call this one - too many not at the races.  Simpson was probably the pick.  Rovers couldn't handle him first half plus he scored a cracking goal. Second half we didn't use him properly
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 18:37:52 »

Williams worst game in a town shirt, sponsors only give it to him so they could have a picture.

Simpson for me.

Players have been stopped from MoM duties after the game due to COVID. He keeps the players away from the lounges. Aberdeen and Clem do the presentations.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 18:59:41 »

Players have been stopped from MoM duties after the game due to COVID. He keeps the players away from the lounges. Aberdeen and Clem do the presentations.

False, mush.
https://twitter.com/samilessss/status/1484913319857344515?s=21

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 19:20:12 »

Ian Dolo for me today, not an outstanding performance but a dogged one and considering the crap that he gets from time to time I felt his solid contribution was enough.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 20:05:04 »

Went for Hunt, always a steady 7 out of 10, when not managed by Sheridan that is.
In the week that we lost Jamie Vincent maybe a proper steady eddie full back should get the vote.

Simpson needs to work out what type of CF he wants to be and concentrate on that. That might involve just giving up on trying to head it and focus on the back to goal play but continue to use the strength to ruffle the CB's even if it means picking up a few cards in the process.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: