Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21509 times)
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:48:22 »

I'd noticed that McKirdy was either winding the Vale players up, or they didn't like him in the first place. Lots of nggly pushes or shoves on him. Think that he drew the foul then, by deliberately running on to the raised foot

Good half of football there! Enjoyed it!

I hope he keeps talking and getting in their heads.  He hopefully knows he is winning this contest of hate.  If he keeps it up and town keeps controlling there will be more cards rolled out
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:49:13 »

Vale fans on their forum seem to mostly be blaming the keeper.
My favourite quote being...

"Someone get Lucas a red stick on nose and some face paint".

Grin
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:51:02 »

We just have to be careful that the referee doesn't try to even it up.

I come from a land down-under
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:51:14 »

Well a strangely dominant performance, all the space on the world for us unlike the reverse fixture at our place. Have Vale changed manager or something as seem like a completely different team? The pitch here is massive so maybe that’s helping.

Couldn’t see the penalty as at the other end but looking at the replays on Twitter it looked a bit premeditated, they’d seemed more concerned about leaving one on McKirdall game than playing football.
Was just saying everything depended on us staying on the front foot as if the ball does get turned over they were straight on our defence just like for their goal.

Gladwin is a different player so credit where it’s due. He’s being allowed to play all his football in their half so no defensive responsibilities which is a big help.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:52:01 »

Shitty gone fro 2-1 up to 5-2 down before half-time - the day just gets better
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:52:15 »

Mckirdy with his second assist for that pen.

His intended challenge risked a yellow but in fact drew a panicked high boot from their keeper.

Everyone has played well.  A heavy touch from Simpson for their belting equaliser was surely forgivable. The pitch is so much more helpful compared to Mansfield's slagheap.

2nd half will be the test.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:54:01 »

Shitty gone fro 2-1 up to 5-2 down before half-time - the day just gets better
Pox 1 down at Wycombe, too
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:54:50 »

Bit like the first game, looks like one team playing to a plan to limit any threat from the other.

Great performance & good game so far, just need to play properly in 2nd half now.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:56:34 »

Enjoying the battle down our right between Hunt and Hussey. Hunt giving Hussey a tough time on balance. Plenty of niggle left in that battle. Going to be a miracle if both of them remain card free at full time.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:56:49 »

What a difference a few days makes.  I have no idea what Vale were doing but they essentially waved the white flag in central  midfield.

Gladwin has all the time and space in the world, and he is still pretty good on the ball.  Hasn't needed his legs.

Still very passive defending for their goal but other than that we have dominated.

Keeper was nuts, utter stupidity.  Thank you very much and we'll done to the officials for not being sucked into his pretend injury.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:58:32 »

What a difference a few days makes.  I have no idea what Vale were doing but they essentially waved the white flag in central  midfield.

Gladwin has all the time and space in the world, and he is still pretty good on the ball.  Hasn't needed his legs.

Still very passive defending for their goal but other than that we have dominated.

Keeper was nuts, utter stupidity.  Thank you very much and we'll done to the officials for not being sucked into his pretend injury.
Spot on. Make Gladwin run and he's not effective

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:59:34 »

I hope McKirdy keeps his cool as I think they will try and wind him up this half even more.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 15:59:56 »

Will have to go with the consensus on this - I initially thought McKirdy was going to be in trouble for going in too hard, but you're right that the keeper left a sneaky boot in.

Someone on Twitter this morning was mentioning that McKirdy vs Covolan was going to be worth watching, so I wonder if there's some history there?

Second half you can see PV trying to nobble McKirdy - think Beauchamp's return to the CG. Will take strong refereeing if he isn't to be crippled.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 16:00:38 »

To be clear, I think McKirdy is absolutely in trouble if the keeper doesn't kick out. But you can't get your retaliation in first!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 16:01:00 »

Someone on Twitter this morning was mentioning that McKirdy vs Covolan was going to be worth watching, so I wonder if there's some history there?
It was mentioned on here too and yes I understand there is no love lost.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: