Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21396 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:39:25 »

Vale will come at us, McKirdy to get a hat-trick and red card.

Vale 1-3 att: 7,221 (865 away)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:49:35 by 4D » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 10:28:21 »

Swindon to suffer a single goal defeat in front of 6,145 fans with 785 Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 11:34:51 »

Been fearing this one for a while and after last night my fears have increased. At the CG they were the first team to really teach us a lesson on how to play against us with a high press. If they play a similar style on Saturday on a heavy pitch then we will have big problems especially if we continue to stubbornly stick to ‘Garnerball’ regardless of the conditions and opposition set up.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 15:48:19 »

If we've learned nothing from that first game then we're in serious trouble.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 18:08:31 »

Been fearing this one for a while and after last night my fears have increased. At the CG they were the first team to really teach us a lesson on how to play against us with a high press. If they play a similar style on Saturday on a heavy pitch then we will have big problems especially if we continue to stubbornly stick to ‘Garnerball’ regardless of the conditions and opposition set up.

Spot on. They will press us high- very disappointed that Garner has no answer really to this now 23 games in
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 19:48:42 »

I know we really do make it hard for ourselves and the style of play is frustrating but if you went just by comments here and on social media you would think we were in the bottom 3

3-1 defeat  Cheesy
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 20:00:16 »

Table is interesting actually, five points from second but also six from 12th. It's basically Forest Green and then a chasing pack of about ten teams.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 20:21:21 »

We will need to deal with their long throw tactic - almost any throw in our half they threw into our penalty area - we have struggled against the long throw this season a few times.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 20:32:16 »

I think they are just one of those teams that have a set of players/style we'll struggle with

2-1 Vale
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 21:22:52 »

I know we really do make it hard for ourselves and the style of play is frustrating but if you went just by comments here and on social media you would think we were in the bottom 3

3-1 defeat  Cheesy
I’m still concerned about points deductions if I’m honest, that’s the black cloud hovering over us. There’s not much room to manoeuvre if we get slapped with a deduction and have a run of poor form so we can’t just let things drift, we need to be getting results.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 22:46:03 »

3-1 defeat  Cheesy

Over the past 6 matches I think we are 17th and conceded the most.  Happy to help.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 23:27:20 »

I assume there is ample parking at this venue? Just checked their web page so no worries there.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:28:41 »

I assume there is ample parking at this venue? Just checked their web page so no worries there.
There is little parking at the ground but loads of on street free parking in Bur slums.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 18:46:37 »

Never had a problem parking at Vale.

Going up there with zero confidence with a depleted first team selection.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:02:26 »

As it stands I cant genuinely see past a defeat there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: