Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poor Lee Power  (Read 7031 times)
Shrivvy Road

« on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 09:19:25 »

Looks like he has a field and  fuck all he can do with it. Look at refusals C & D

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fhighworthtowncouncil.gov.uk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F11%2F04.1.2022-Planning-Minutes.pdf&clen=175327&chunk=true

https://twitter.com/HighworthTC/status/1480583712869961728
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 09:24:27 »

Genuinely gutted for him*

*laughing my cock off
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 09:54:09 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 09:54:20 »

Wonderful.

Where are we training at the moment?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 09:55:25 »

Wonderful.

Where are we training at the moment?
Pretty sure we are still at Beversbrook in Calne.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 09:57:07 »

Think we are pretty much training ground hopping but i expect to see that change in the summer
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 09:59:52 »

Think we are pretty much training ground hopping but i expect to see that change in the summer
I know we were going between Calne and Melksham under Wellens plus a few other local sites, its not good for the club to not have a permanent training ground though.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:01:00 »

I hope we keep the Calne connection  Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:03:25 »

Well I've heard there is some land in Highworth going cheap if you can get the councilors on board.

Hopefully they've just refused it because they've found out he's a cunt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:05:14 »

So now Lee Power is no longer involved with the football club, he technically no longer needs to build the football training facility. Clearly his current plan is to develop the facility and earn as much money from rent from STFC (unlikely) or any other local sports team that could benefit from the facility. Evidently the council have absolutely no desire to ever give planning permission for that.

So what's his next step? Can he change the plans into something else equally as lucrative for him that's more council friendly? (Affordable ethical housing or whatever - humour me) Or is he as well to give up and sell the land to Clem & Co (if they even want it) to let them take it forward. Not that I expect that to ever happen, just trying to understand how the land lies with Mr Power, so to speak.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:09:39 »

Let it out for grazing? 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:15:56 »

Hopefully they've just refused it because they've found out he's a cunt.

I am not sure that is a legitimate planning reason for refusal.  Wink

So what's his next step? Can he change the plans into something else equally as lucrative for him that's more council friendly? (Affordable ethical housing or whatever - humour me) Or is he as well to give up and sell the land to Clem & Co (if they even want it) to let them take it forward. Not that I expect that to ever happen, just trying to understand how the land lies with Mr Power, so to speak.

He can do what he likes, albeit the site has no planning permission (apart from as a golf course) so if he were to sell it to Clem or whoever the price would reflect this.

The whole thing is just plain odd in many ways, both applications were granted at planning committee subject to agreement of s.106 docs relating to travel plans and infrastructure (both applications) and affordable housing provision (the housing one).

In both cases the Council have noted in refusing the applications on 30/11/21:

'Despite numerous attempts to liaise with the applicant’s legal advisor the Council’s Solicitor has been unable to make satisfactory progress with the drafting of the S106 Agreement and it is concluded that there is no serious intention by the applicant to progress this application. No further extension of time for determination of the application has been agreed. Therefore it is recommended that the application be refused under delegated powers...'

Now I can understand allowing the training ground one to lapse as without a tenant that was a white elephant, however the housing one would be very advantageous to the land value and thus I don't understand why that one was not progressed and the s.106 sorted as Power could then have just flipped the site with PP to a developer with a considerably higher land value.

All I can assume (and I have neither time nor inclination to read all the paperwork) is that the s.106's were going to seek to tie the two consents together in some way meaning that the houses could not be built unless the training ground was, not sure how that could be done legally but there must be some reason why they have walked away from the returns being offered by the houses scheme.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:30:21 »

'Despite numerous attempts to liaise with the applicant’s legal advisor the Council’s Solicitor has been unable to make satisfactory progress with the drafting of the S106 Agreement and it is concluded that there is no serious intention by the applicant to progress this application. No further extension of time for determination of the application has been agreed. Therefore it is recommended that the application be refused under delegated powers...'

That reads as though he just hasn't got any money to fund it with the club no longer doing so, but as you go on to say it doesn't really explain why he doesn't just flip it over to a developer.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:32:42 »

Thanks Horlock. So if he had the inclination Power could still make money from that site by sorting out the S106 application and maybe building a fancy golf course or something?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:32:52 »

Am i right in thinking Horlock that it's very unlikely developers are allowed to build a lot of houses on there?

Screams to me that Power is skint
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: