Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 24567 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 20:50:50 »

It would have been more than 962 if that hadn't restricted us.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 21:10:11 »

On what basis? He was playing poorly before his suspension and we haven’t lost in 2 games without him?

Because we are not organised at the back.
Could have been 4 down by halftime against Stevenage and today needed organising.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 21:12:17 »

They even reckon they had more fans in the Arkells than the official number given out😀

I thought their support was poor.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 21:14:10 »

To be fair, one of them acknowledges that their crowds aren't great...

....Attendance = 9,071.

That's a lot more revenue than we can get from a home game - probably in the order of £40k net of VAT."

Egg chasing bastards Smiley
Seriously know a few die hards that travel with them.
One missing today who goes every game.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 21:15:56 »

Still nowhere near the 962 we took away to theirs in front of a paltry 5,863 crowd.

Have to chuckle that no credit given from their support to our side in thar emphatic win, all excuses.

That's true.  But the Northampton vs Gloucester game at Franklin's Gardens that day was on at the same time.  The crowd was more than double that at Sixfields.  In that context, the NTFC crowd is quite impressive, in my view.  Northampton's a similar sized town to Swindon.  Would STFC have attracted a 9,000 crowd today if there was another (bigger) show in town as well?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 21:41:42 »

Thought we looked lethal going forward today but have to wonder if how much of a shambles Northampton were was down to the break and covid issues. We've all faced them but seems like they have had it worse than most.

As for the goals conceded if we defend like we did for their second then Man City will be in double figures buy half time. The first was a peach from them though. Great ball, first touch and finish.

Also, when did we start playing Glad All Over again? It's a Crystal Palace song, It's shit, a lot of people have expressed that it is shit and have voted twice on twitter to use something else.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 22:21:05 »

No football on Quest tonight. Whaaaat?
It's tomorrow
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 23:39:21 »

Thought we looked lethal going forward today but have to wonder if how much of a shambles Northampton were was down to the break and covid issues. We've all faced them but seems like they have had it worse than most.

As for the goals conceded if we defend like we did for their second then Man City will be in double figures buy half time. The first was a peach from them though. Great ball, first touch and finish.

Also, when did we start playing Glad All Over again? It's a Crystal Palace song, It's shit, a lot of people have expressed that it is shit and have voted twice on twitter to use something else.

Ah twitter- hardly representative of the entire fan base. Doesn’t bother me what the music is tbh though those around me in block 4 of Nationwide all clapping along in unison to it.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 23:53:59 by Outletred » Logged
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, January 1, 2022, 23:52:58 »

Thoroughly enjoyable that.

To me, that looked like a team that had been told that they need to be busting a bollock to be considered for the City game. Garner said as much on the pre match radio interview. Some extra covid recovery also likely a factor in that to be fair.

Also heard Garner in the same interview conceding that we needed to be more positive than we were on Wednesday. So I went into the ground with a bit of optimism that we’d at least be turning up compared to the Stevenage match…wasn’t quite expecting that though. Fair fucks to the team and Garner.

Huge difference for me that pissed me off so much about Wednesday, was actually firing balls into the box and across the 6 yd box, we barely did that at all Wednesday, but were doing it from the off today. mcKirdy snaffled the share of the goals but it was mostly Simpson being the agent of chaos in the box that often lead to the ball pinging about in the box for McKirdy to jump on. Both of them were superb. Everyone played well.

Edit: only downer on the day might be Payne’s injury he picked up from getting clattered in the scramble leading up to the 2nd goal. Would be gutted if he wasn’t fit for the City match. If anyone deserves to be starting that match, it’s him.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 00:08:29 by WEBBERhyde » Logged
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 00:00:39 »

That was so much better than Wednesday.

We played with so much more of a tempo- right from the start. The atmosphere was probably the best it has been for a good couple of years.

Let’s hope we can push on from here.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 00:05:03 »

It should be the theme tune from the magic roundabout and nothing else.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 02:34:12 »

That's true.  But the Northampton vs Gloucester game at Franklin's Gardens that day was on at the same time.  The crowd was more than double that at Sixfields.  In that context, the NTFC crowd is quite impressive, in my view.  Northampton's a similar sized town to Swindon.  Would STFC have attracted a 9,000 crowd today if there was another (bigger) show in town as well?

Yes, yes we would.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 08:55:01 »

Have another look at Simpson’s goal. Just as he attempts to control the ball he gives a Cobblers defender what looks like a small nudge that stops him in his tracks - and he’s no lightweight either.

He’s one strong mother.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 09:54:38 »

Well I never thought Garnerball could be entertaining. Seeing as I never went to the game, I remain unconvinced, one summer and all that.
I'll pop along to the next home league game and see what occurs.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
adje

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 10:57:03 »

Funny reading the opposition forum....
Blaming covid recovery - obviously unaware how much we were hit by it.
Suggesting luck was on our side - for all 5 goals?  
He took all 4 brilliantly but to be fair they were all a bit "pinball". Not complaining though!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: