Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town's First Promotion - Dick Mattick New Book  (Read 3157 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 27, 2021, 22:46:57 »

http://www.swindonfc1879.com/Shop/Item.asp?ItemCode=21FPR

If anyone's interested, there's a new Swindon Town book out by Dick Mattick - Swindon Town's first promotion, about the 1962-63 season.

I got it in the post Christmas Eve, not had a chance to read it yet but it looks really good. Available from the above link (and i would guess the club shop hopefully)
Hunk

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2021, 02:27:40 »

Dick was my History teacher at Churchfields. Still see him around every so often. Lovely man and a hugemongous STFC fan
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2021, 12:47:33 »

Dick was my History teacher at Churchfields. Still see him around every so often. Lovely man and a hugemongous STFC fan

Mine too

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2021, 13:53:09 »

Mine too

And mine..and tutor
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 09:40:42 »

Pint Ah Mr Mattick, legend, heard him on OTS the other day, he was knocking off Miss Burbidge at Chuchfields?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 11:39:28 »

Pint Ah Mr Mattick, legend, heard him on OTS the other day, he was knocking off Miss Burbidge at Chuchfields?

That was the rumour - probably school kid rumours, like Miss Burbidge having a wooden tit, prompted the chorus of "Wouldn't it be good" by Nick Kershaw in the corridoors whenever she was walking through.

Thems were the days  Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:02:45 »

That was the rumour - probably school kid rumours, like Miss Burbidge having a wooden tit, prompted the chorus of "Wouldn't it be good" by Nick Kershaw in the corridoors whenever she was walking through.

Thems were the days  Cheesy

Cheesy remember it all just like it was yesterday, I was informed they were a legit couple.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:07:57 »

A Dick Mattick sounds like an automated lady pleasure machne from Love Honey Smiley (No offence Dick if you are reading this Smiley ).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:30:25 »

Cheesy remember it all just like it was yesterday, I was informed they were a legit couple.

Her wooden tits?  Or Mattick and Burbidge? Cheesy

You and I must have been there around the same time by the sounds of it - small world

Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:37:33 »

Her wooden tits?  Or Mattick and Burbidge? Cheesy

You and I must have been there around the same time by the sounds of it - small world

Class of 02! You? And them in a relationship!  Girl Giggle

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:51:10 »

Class of 02! You? And them in a relationship!  Girl Giggle

Blimey, no - you are a young pup.  Good to hear that the same stories continued long after I left. I was Class of 87 I think..  I feel really old now..

Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 13:56:07 »

Blimey, no - you are a young pup.  Good to hear that the same stories continued long after I left. I was Class of 87 I think..  I feel really old now..

I am 35, no youngster...

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 14:14:30 »

I feel really old now..
Thats because you are Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 19:36:09 »

Thats because you are Smiley

Cheers JJ, nearly as old as you Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: