Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christmas desserts  (Read 2678 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:44:59 »

Popping to the shops later to stock up the fridge for the final stage of the Christmas dinner. Not a huge fan of Christmas pudding and thinking of going down the trifle route, with maybe a chocolate log and of course a lorry load of cheese. There is only 2 of us for Christmas day and a few guests on Boxing day so don't need a lot, but as usual I'm sure we'll buy way too much.

What does the TEF usually have to end the Christmas dinner? I usually have very little room personally (in the stomach, not geographically)!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:59:04 »

Xmas pudding with brandy cream.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:59:45 »

Popping to the shops later to stock up the fridge for the final stage of the Christmas dinner. Not a huge fan of Christmas pudding and thinking of going down the trifle route, with maybe a chocolate log and of course a lorry load of cheese. There is only 2 of us for Christmas day and a few guests on Boxing day so don't need a lot, but as usual I'm sure we'll buy way too much.

What does the TEF usually have to end the Christmas dinner? I usually have very little room personally (in the stomach, not geographically)!!

We normally have Christmas Pudding, not because we really like it (Albeit I like it more than when I was a kid) but its tradition innit!

Going proper old school the missus got a couple of these the other week and they are pretty nice and remind me of being a kid (it will be Crispy pancakes next!)

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/310098029
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:14:12 »

All about Christmas pudding for me. If I didn't like that, I'd be thinking mince pies and cream, yule log and/or (perhaps controversially?) pavlova.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:14:47 »

We normally have Christmas Pudding, not because we really like it (Albeit I like it more than when I was a kid) but its tradition innit!

Going proper old school the missus got a couple of these the other week and they are pretty nice and remind me of being a kid (it will be Crispy pancakes next!)

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/310098029

Nice! Funnily enough this year i've bought a few Viennettas for the freezer. It's a nice safe dessert for those hot summer evenings!!

Findus Crispy Pancakes and Fray Bentos pies for those old skool 'treats'!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:33:29 »

Don't do sweet stuff. cheese for me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:33:57 »

I love Spotted Dick on Christmas Day.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:41:13 »

Don't do sweet stuff. cheese for me.

What do you wash the cheese down with? I love a Port but once I open a bottle I find it tough not to finish the whole bottle in one sitting!!

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:42:39 »

What do you wash the cheese down with? I love a Port but once I open a bottle I find it tough not to finish the whole bottle in one sitting!!

You having a works meeting Bob?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:53:46 »

You having a works meeting Bob?

Clap

Ha - well I've been working from home since March 2020 so I guess technically everything I do at home could be construed as a work meeting!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 11:01:58 »

Findus Crispy Pancakes and Fray Bentos pies for those old skool 'treats'!

I've never had a Fray bentos pie and that's despite 5 years as a student. However, even now in my mid 40's a comfort go to meal is fish fingers chips and beans!

We have the same problem (and have already done this years Christmas bottle so will have to buy another when we shop later), similar problem with Baileys!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 11:07:16 »

I've never had a Fray bentos pie and that's despite 5 years as a student. However, even now in my mid 40's a comfort go to meal is fish fingers chips and beans!

We have the same problem (and have already done this years Christmas bottle so will have to buy another when we shop later), similar problem with Baileys!

We are in a similar age group and I'm of the same mindset with the old protein, chips and beans. Quick, cheap and easy, much like myself! Re the Fray Bentos pies, generally every time I pop into B&M to get something completely unrelated, I end up taking a Fray Bentos home!!

I hear ya with the Baileys, one or 2 is just never enough. I've got into Brandy/Cognac/Armangnac recently so will try and avoid the baileys and stick to the 'harder' stuff!!

chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 11:46:44 »

Yep a good port. Normally do half the bottle and finish it another day over more cheese.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 11:56:03 »

Yep a good port. Normally do half the bottle and finish it another day over more cheese.

Legend!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 12:31:01 »

Legend!

I know, don't think I know anyone who could stop at half a bottle of Port...!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: