Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101792 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 19:50:11 »

power not pocketing the cash helps Rob (allegedly, obvs)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 19:59:00 »

I mean we are talking 60k extra for the club here...(£10 extra per ticket, 15k tickets, 40%)

That and the quibbling over 140 partial refund from last year...

If it's that tight at the CG they are hiding it well and we should be worried

We’re also talking about forking out the cost of 2 extra pints for a ticket. They’re premier league champions and champions league finalists…

I don’t see this much outrage at £45 for a shirt which probably costs Puma / the club £15 to manufacture
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:01:15 by JoeMezz » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:10:50 »

2 pints per ticket Joe. though for me it's not just the money, it's the principle.

we'll see a *very* strong team I'm sure, but let's not pretend it'll be full 1st 11.

anywho, I've said my piece. Some people will be fine with it, others won't be. it was always going to be thus
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:15:16 »

2 pints per ticket Joe. though for me it's not just the money, it's the principle.

we'll see a *very* strong team I'm sure, but let's not pretend it'll be full 1st 11.

anywho, I've said my piece. Some people will be fine with it, others won't be. it was always going to be thus

Yeah no worries Batch - no harm intended so sorry if it came across badly. I can legislate it and understand it but do understand people’s comments. The good thing is we know the money is for the club rather than Power - I’d rather spend £35 under a Clem Swindon than £10 under a Power Swindon
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:17:10 »

I think the reaction from some has been completely OTT.

It's a one off game against (currently) the best team in the country, you have to expect prices to increase.

I'm sorry if you're one of those people up in arms about it, but football clubs are businesses. We have the most commercially minded management in decades. They'd be stupid to set prices low and miss out on additional income just to please a relatively small but vocal section of the fanbase.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:19:26 »

No issues for me at all.

Rationale clearly explained by Rob and Clem in a good example of transparency, all the money going back into club.  Supply and demand plus they are one of the very best teams in the world, better value than paying £23 for Harrogate

No danger at all of us failing to sell out still
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:19:49 »

I am surprised the matchday prices are still 23 quid to be honest, I am sure that was the price the season I last attended in 2016.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:21:31 »

I think the 6 minute video from the club is telling. I genuinely think they are torn between maintaining the status quo and taking the once in a decade chance to generate significant revenue.

I am not comfortable with the price hike (in particular the £30 the city fans have to pay to sit on the bank) but am willing to pay the £35 with the free Oldham ticket thrown in.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:22:48 »

I think the reaction from some has been completely OTT.

It's a one off game against (currently) the best team in the country, you have to expect prices to increase.

I'm sorry if you're one of those people up in arms about it, but football clubs are businesses. We have the most commercially minded management in decades. They'd be stupid to set prices low and miss out on additional income just to please a relatively small but vocal section of the fanbase.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro

A well balanced view. Can see why those ‘loyals’ who are struggling through to pay day every week/month are naffed off mind though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:32:49 »

The 'free' Oldham ticket for season ticket holders is a bit of an odd one. I assume it's to attempt to get friends/family of Season Ticket holders to go and therefore attract new fans, but is that really much of a benefit for a season ticket holder forking out the £35? Perhaps a club shop voucher or a discount on a future season ticket might have been beneficial?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:39:33 »

I see Whitty is telling us to stay away from stadiums now so I imagine that’s warming us up for the inevitable so all this will become irrelevant anyway.

Hope the extra £30k on paper was worth it for the erosion of good will…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:43:05 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
The 'free' Oldham ticket for season ticket holders is a bit of an odd one. I assume it's to attempt to get friends/family of Season Ticket holders to go and therefore attract new fans, but is that really much of a benefit for a season ticket holder forking out the £35? Perhaps a club shop voucher or a discount on a future season ticket might have been beneficial?

a £5 club shop voucher would have been more useful.

can't usually give my session ticket away when I can't go
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:47:09 »

Quote from: theakston2k
I see Whitty is telling us to stay away from stadiums now so I imagine that’s warming us up for the inevitable so all this will become irrelevant anyway.

there has to be a risk.

I think it was the women who said that, not sure what her role or name is.

something like 'if you go to a stadium make it one that gives boosters rather than to watch a match'.

think live TV got the better and she was just trying to push boosters.

whitty worried me more saying he was going to curtail his Christmas plans and hoped they wouldn't be totally squashed...

regardless of the prices, I'm sure we all hope the have goes ahead in front of fans
Crackity Jones

« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:49:14 »

Hope the extra £30k on paper was worth it for the erosion of good will…
is he? I thought his advice was to think carefully about the social events you intend to attend?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 20:53:45 »

is he? I thought his advice was to think carefully about the social events you intend to attend?
As Batch said it was the lady alongside him at the podium apparently but it does increasingly seem like we are being warmed up for it.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: