Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101303 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 10:05:21 »

Hope we had scouts at the City game last night to spot the chinks in their armour.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 10:08:47 »

I didn't know that buying tickets had become compulsory?

Its all contextual isn't it, Clem has put a shit load of cash into the club, and at present seems to be expecting no return, its not as if he and Rob Angus are taking this cash and blowing it on crack and hookers, what is made will stay in the club. The question will be to what extent that shit load relates to his worth, so equally without playing bobby big bollocks an extra £15 on a ticket would not really affect me (if I were ever likley to be going), but it would have a much greater effect on someone less well off, similarly someone turning £250k a year would be less affected than me.

Its somewhat ironic that some of the people moaning on social media about potentially a £15 uplift (that we don't even know about yet) are also moaning that Clem won't basically write off £100k to get the bank account unfrozen!

It really isn't difficult, if you don't want to or can't pay it, don't go!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 10:13:36 »

Just a thought. Could the club do a sliding scale of ticket prices for home fans to 'reward' the ones that have put their hands in their pockets more? So something like this -

Season Ticket holders (1 per holder) - £15
6 match Season Ticker holders (1 per holder) - £20
Walsall or Stevenage Ticket stubs - £25
Open Sale - £30

As it happens I am going to the Walsall game, but if I wasn't I would be more than happy to pay £30 for a ticket if the demand got that far.

Or is this just a frankly ridiculous non-workable idea?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 10:15:58 »

Imagine how much money we’d make if we charged £50 per game. What a missed opportunity, the shmucks in the stand would be lucky to pay if (afterall, we have a club don’t we) and if you can’t afford it we’ll, that’s on you buddy

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 10:19:05 »

Just a thought. Could the club do a sliding scale of ticket prices for home fans to 'reward' the ones that have put their hands in their pockets more? So something like this -

Season Ticket holders (1 per holder) - £15
6 match Season Ticker holders (1 per holder) - £20
Walsall or Stevenage Ticket stubs - £25
Open Sale - £30

As it happens I am going to the Walsall game, but if I wasn't I would be more than happy to pay £30 for a ticket if the demand got that far.

Or is this just a frankly ridiculous non-workable idea?

I wonder whether something like that is already happening hence the delays, albeit one would wonder whether the large ticket discount should in the first instance be for those ST holders who waived refunds the other year (and might help to put that beast to bed), albeit what is the situation for ST holders if this were a normal cup game, do they just pay walk up prices so £19/23.

Ultimately simple economics of supply and demand will set the pricing (albeit possibly more likley the creaking ticketing systems ability to cope).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 10:21:13 by horlock07 » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 10:30:25 »

Imagine how much money we’d make if we charged £50 per game. What a missed opportunity, the shmucks in the stand would be lucky to pay if (afterall, we have a club don’t we) and if you can’t afford it we’ll, that’s on you buddy
Bit dramatic. There are rumours of a £7 increase. I still personally think it's too expensive but i will still pay it because

1)It's not a horrific price to see potential world-class players
2)The club will no doubt have to spend money to get the bank fit and proper
3)The money will go back into the club

No one is being fleeced, it will literally be someones choice. Added to that we still do not know for a fact what the idea even is and what is included in the final pricing

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 10:30:42 »

They'll probably be on general sale before season ticket holders manage to get through !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:00:07 »

Aye, it wasn’t a completely serious point

I’m not comfortable with a price increase because

1. There’s plenty enough money to be made (that wouldn’t have been budgeted for) from running the game as BAU
2. The club has preached all summer long about ‘having our club back’, and then at the very first opportunity they have, looking to use those fans as a further cash cow (assuming that’s what they do, of course)
3. There has been plenty of goodwill given already towards the club by the fans with regards to season tickets, refunds, merchandise, operational struggles. Hiking the prices disregards that (again, assuming no allowances are made, which are as yet unknown)
4. I’m worried what precedent it would set for the future

I know the club are in a shit financial situation, and I know clem has done so much already to try and turn it around. But an increase in prices at the first opportunity is a misstep imo, and doesn’t make me feel like ‘we’ve got our Swindon back’

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:03:01 »

I don’t like the sentiment about ‘if you can’t pay it then don’t’ either. That’s bad taste

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:15:26 »

Yep i can totally get all those points and this is why like i have said this will just see us divided as a fan base but i do totally agree the 'if you don't like it don't pay it' argument is really shit

I can see both sides to this I really can. Rather the club than me with this one

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:23:06 »

I can see both sides, its the clubs only venture into this level of match attendance in 12 years in the FA cup, I fully appreciate they want to make as much as they can from this tie.

But, a little incentive to fans that did not ask for a refund would have been nice, a free ticket to all those who turned down any refund for the season ticket would have been very much appreciated.

The other slightly ironic thing about all of this......

If we had drawn Man City away and were given say 10,000 tickets all priced at £35 per ticket we would probably still have sold out our allocation and fans willingly pay for that PLUS the cost of travel to get there, all because its against a Premier League side and thats the expected prices.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:25:57 »

the last paragraph, we probably would. however no way man city would charge that!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:28:24 »

the last paragraph, we probably would. however no way man city would charge that!
OK change Man City for Arsenal or West Ham away....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:34:02 »

@venkman - Wigan, Chelsea, Aston Villa, 2x play-offs. All games which could have independently set ticket prices, all games which could have reasonably expected to sell out (or did), from memory prices were kept flat

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:42:13 »

Look at the bright side, those who don't want to or are unable to pay can still watch for free on the tv, and won't have to go out in the cold !!. How many times has that been possible in recent years ??.
Seriously though,  it's going to be a sell out whatever the price.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: