Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101325 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 02:57:57 »

You're despairing over a tenner? Poor you.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 06:44:48 »

Except for some people it isn’t just a tenner is it. Take a family of four who sit in the side stand - on the assumption that’s £35 for an adult and £20 for an U18, that’s an extra £52 on normal match day prices coming just after Christmas and with hundreds having been waived in refunds just a few months ago.

It’s not exactly rocket science to work out why there’s some disappointment.
Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 07:43:55 »

According to news reports this morning,the government are planning a potential lockdown as of January 5th,so I'm assuming it will mean stadiums closed.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 07:54:53 »

It's fair to say that we are likely to see a cricket score when the two sides meet
Nah, Don't think we'll score that many.  😀😀

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 08:20:16 »

5 pages moaning about ticket prices that haven't even been confirmed yet. Peak Swindon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 08:25:52 »

Nobody is  forcing me to go, I admit.

As Chang said, **IF** its £35/£20 that's £110 for our family. That's verging on Wembley playoff final prices.

You know we live for these moments, I'll cough up. But its killed some goodwill for me, which will be repaid next season/next "will you waive" moment.

Now watch Angus pull a rabbit from the hat and announce £25 quid specials when buying 4 Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 08:29:02 »

5 pages moaning about ticket prices that haven't even been confirmed yet. Peak Swindon.

The club monitors social media Wink

Bit odd Man City released their info before us, that's what kicked it off. Suppose we are fannying around working out how to sell ours with 1 phone line and a ticket system that takes 5 minutes to book a cup ticket to a season ticket holder (true story) - an inherited issue granted
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 08:34:58 »

Except for some people it isn’t just a tenner is it. Take a family of four who sit in the side stand - on the assumption that’s £35 for an adult and £20 for an U18, that’s an extra £52 on normal match day prices coming just after Christmas and with hundreds having been waived in refunds just a few months ago.

It’s not exactly rocket science to work out why there’s some disappointment.

The thought of losing our club just 6 months ago has long gone in the memory for some  Roll Eyes I'm grateful for extra revenue for the club. How would these people you mention feel about that as a regular price if we got into the championship? Stop going?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 09:03:08 »

At an average of £30 a pop, our share of the gate receipts would be approaching £250,000.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 09:14:51 »

Quote from: 4D
How would these people you mention feel about that as a regular price if we got into the championship? Stop going?

no. because that's the going.price for championship football.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 09:20:00 »

He has to pay for his executive new build house and Corporate visits for the CG somehow 4D.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 09:36:04 »

I can’t work out if you are serious or trolling. If you can’t see anything wrong with exploiting supporters after the couple of years people have had and the sacrifices made to help the club financially then I despair.

Of course I am being serious. I really dont see this as "exploiting supporters" but clearly you do. The guy who has made the major sacrifice is Clem, without whom we wouldn't even have a club to support, let alone be looking forward to an FA Cup 3rd round tie against Man City. By comparison I dont consider that I have made a major sacrifice by waiving a couple of season ticket refunds and choosing to buy a couple of shirts. You think differently, that's fine let's move on.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 09:37:20 »

He has to pay for his executive new build house and Corporate visits for the CG somehow 4D.
Zzz

It’s nothing to do with the price it’s the principle of exploiting fans, it would be poor and the club would deserve to get heavily criticised for it. The whole game from gate receipts, TV money and other sales is all already unexpected revenue and a bonus so it doesn’t need to be milked to the maximum to detriment of supporters.

That’s why I hope Man City have jumped the gun and the clubs prices will actually be the standard match day prices.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 09:37:24 »

I reckon it should be £25 per person and 4d can make up the difference as he doesn’t mind

Things get better but they never get good
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 09:42:34 »

Pfft, it's costing me $7k to come back to watch the Stevenage game.
Need a better travel agent
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: