Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101311 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 15:35:54 »

ah I see, gotcha
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 15:42:06 »

I take the view that £30 or even £35 to watch us play against the current premiership leaders in the 3rd round of the FA Cup isn't unreasonable, particularly compared to paying £23 to watch us play Harrogate  in a league 2 fixture.

This game affords the club the opportunity to raise much needed funds to continue to pay debt down, deal with the Able problem if needed as well as carrying out much needed renovation works to Stratton Bank and invest in the playing squad in January. Surely as fans we can contribute an extra £5 or £10 each to help the cause.

We aren't a fan owned club & personally I think enough fans have put hard earned cash into the club already.. Lots waived last seasons refund, bought season tickets this season with a slight increase & then have bough merchandise. I think a bit of loyalty is required in this instance.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 15:47:56 »

We haven't seen the bigger picture yet  Roll Eyes
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 15:58:46 »

Hmmm...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-fans-angrily-react-6348258
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 17:17:24 »

We aren't a fan owned club & personally I think enough fans have put hard earned cash into the club already.. Lots waived last seasons refund, bought season tickets this season with a slight increase & then have bough merchandise. I think a bit of loyalty is required in this instance.

I did all of that and still won't complain about what I consider is fair value to watch Man City play at the County Ground. If you or other fans feel differently, then that's fair enough. You are not forced to attend. A Covid pandemic hit, which meant the club were starved of cash last season, so I had absolutely no issue in not requesting refunds for my S/T's or away games I had bought tickets for. I understand not everybody is in a position financially to do that, so it wouldn't be right to judge those that absolutely need the money.

I love watching my club play, it's an emotional realise from the other pressures in life and gives me great pleasure. It's not like any other business/company, where I  have no emotional attachment to and where the relationship is therefore largely transactional. Even though it is not currently fan owned, I still feel that it is my club and if they ask for more money for an attractive fixture,  then I will happily pay it.

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 17:24:55 »

I love watching the club too & I will likely pay for my seat however that doesn’t mean I think charging above the normal price is  right. I just think this could also undo some of the hard work the club has done to get fans back onside. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this matter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 17:28:29 »

I love watching the club too & I will likely pay for my seat however that doesn’t mean I think charging above the normal price is  right. I just think this could also undo some of the hard work the club has done to get fans back onside. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this matter.
exactly that.

but the prices haven't been confirmed yet, so we'll see
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 17:29:30 »

Pretty much this, the club so far have been awful so far on all things price related and can’t just keep using the early goodwill to pray on further generosity from supporters. The season ticket prices, refund ‘offer’ or lack of, then trying again to convince supporters who wanted to refunds to waive them was poor. This tie should be a reward for supporters loyalty, if it transpires to be another exercise in fleecing supporters then serious questions need to be asked.

If the prices come out and the rumoured prices are true then the Trust should be up in arms against the club on this but I somehow doubt that will happen….
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #488 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 17:43:26 »

Pretty much this, the club so far have been awful so far on all things price related and can’t just keep using the early goodwill to pray on further generosity from supporters. The season ticket prices, refund ‘offer’ or lack of, then trying again to convince supporters who wanted to refunds to waive them was poor. This tie should be a reward for supporters loyalty, if it transpires to be another exercise in fleecing supporters then serious questions need to be asked.

If the prices come out and the rumoured prices are true then the Trust should be up in arms against the club on this but I somehow doubt that will happen….
What are all the things price-related and how have they fleeced us already? Agree with your points regarding being rewarded still and hope to still see something happen regarding that for this game. I think £30 for any game of football is too much and think £25 would have been more than enough
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 17:50:33 »

Let's hope that £25 is the maximum they charge as they're near on certain guaranteed a capacity crowd and with the live TV revenue anymore would be sheer greed.

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 17:56:27 »

What are all the things price-related and how have they fleeced us already? Agree with your points regarding being rewarded still and hope to still see something happen regarding that for this game. I think £30 for any game of football is too much and think £25 would have been more than enough
The immaterial discount on season ticket was poor IMO factoring in waiving of refunds for previous season and a quarter. The refund offer itself was ridiculous as it massively overvalued the iFollow cost and then those that did want a refund getting a begging letter from the club again asking to waive a refund was again very poor. Ignoring the “we’ve still got a club” rhetoric we’ve basically got a £20 reward for waiving £100’s and if we get further rewarded in this game with inflated prices then I think that will be disgusting personally.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 18:11:10 »

exactly that.

but the prices haven't been confirmed yet, so we'll see

I’m 99% certain that clubs agree the cost per ticket & they have to be the same for both fans. I, of course hope I’m wrong but can’t see it. The only thing they might be able to do is offer a voucher for a kiosk perhaps.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 18:19:06 by Hyabb17 » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 18:41:40 »

Alfie might be happy but some of his chums aren't! And whose the Swindon fan on there having some fun and it's not Batch who is there on another thread

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/swindon-cup-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow.353397/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 18:49:48 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 19:06:56 »

To be fair the majority of the City fans on that thread think £30 is a fair price by us. Only Manclad seems to have the issue.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 19:14:43 »

It would appear manclad doesn’t have the full backing of his fellow citeh supporters. Neither should he. I cannot be bothered to register and go toe to with him but regarding travelling to see his beloved citeh he conveniently forgets how close his fellow blood sucking PL comrades are to his team. Got three of the fuckers on his door step, quick gallop across the moors and they have Leeds, ok a little further up they have the geordies and just a short amble down the M6 they have Villa & Wolves, furthest they have to go is Southampton and Brighton. Ok, Norwich is a bit of a shit journey but it is for everyone TBF. As for London that’s not that hard a slog. £30 tight cunt, easy to forget us bottom feeders when you live in a gilded palace of untold riches.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: