Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round  (Read 101342 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 13:50:26 »

BBC do prefer games where the underdogs are at home but there's no way Liverpool won't be one of the 4 live games Just like when they played Plymouth a few years ago.

Is it only four, though? Eight were broadcast live last season:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/08/emirates-fa-cup-third-round-proper-broadcast-selections-081220
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 14:03:15 »

Noticed a few people suggesting Man City consider handing over their share of the gate receipts to us. No idea whether they would consider that or not, but it seems there's a rule against that happening. I'm sure a couple of clubs did it last so year so could be a new clause for this season...

Save for those matches set out in (iii), in all matches played from (and including) the Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-Final the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs...

No competing  Club  shall  make  any Agreementwith  any  other  competing  Club  by  which  their obligations under the Rules regarding the sharing of net gate receipts may be varied or amended in any way. “Agreement” for the purpose of the Rules of the Competition means any agreement, arrangement, obligation, undertaking or understanding whether oral or written, formal or informal, contractual or otherwise, binding in law or otherwise, and of any nature whatsoever; and which includes for these purposes any attempt to enter into any such Agreement
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 14:07:02 »

I’m just going by this

‘Sharing coverage with the BBC, ITV will have first pick and fourth pick of matches in the Second Round, Fourth Round and the Quarter Finals, as well as second and third picks for the First, Third and Fifth Rounds and second pick of the Semi-finals.’

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 14:13:19 »

Oh, right. Thanks.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 14:13:25 »

I’m just going by this

‘Sharing coverage with the BBC, ITV will have first pick and fourth pick of matches in the Second Round, Fourth Round and the Quarter Finals, as well as second and third picks for the First, Third and Fifth Rounds and second pick of the Semi-finals.’

That's terrestrial innit, is the FA cup on Sky/BT/Amazon?

That link from last year suggested 3 on BBC and 5 on BT?

Edit - correct myself its only on BBC/ITV for the next 4 years, so I suspect Aud's only 4 games is correct.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 15:04:40 by horlock07 » Logged
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 14:21:25 »

I’m just going by this

Those are LAST season's games!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 15:38:39 »

Don’t think so. Last season was also shared with BT.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/six-fa-cup-first-round-tv-selections-for-bbc-and-itv/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 15:41:13 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 15:46:30 »

so I suspect Aud's only 4 games is correct.

Does ESPN+ have live games not shown in the UK RobertT  - Maybe it'll be live in the USA or UAE

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 15:48:52 »

Well, that was going to be my next point. Both clubs get £144,000 for a live TV 3rd round game. But that doesn’t take into account any overseas coverage which would be in addition.

I’d imagine any live games would also be the ones shown live abroad.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 16:01:59 »

Get on a plane Aud  Wink

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 16:04:18 »

Tbh, I would in normal circumstances, but I’ve no chance of a ticket and it’s just too much hassle travelling at the moment.

I’m booked in for March/April so I’ll get at least a couple of games in then.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 16:46:40 »

Does ESPN+ have live games not shown in the UK RobertT  - Maybe it'll be live in the USA or UAE

ESPN+ have the rights in the USA and I think they have more games on as they are allowed the Sat 3pm games.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 19:54:17 »

The club fixture list has it scheduled for Saturday 8th Jan at 3:00 p.m.

I wonder if this is set in stone or just the default listing until arrangements are finalised?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 20:12:12 »

It will be moved. Its going to be on ITV.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 20:29:03 »

Watching the German champions league matches with empty stadiums it’s Sod’s law that wee are going to end up the same come January aren’t we?! Must be a big consideration for the club in terms of deciding how much to spend on the match and repairs to the Bank facilities and what not.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: