Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Harrogate pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34871 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:37:32 »

Simpson dithered in the box when he should have shot.

KKH goes to ground off the ball.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:38:54 »

There have been some abysmal home performances this season, but this one takes the biscuit.

Dross doesn’t even cover it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:39:54 »

Let's see what happens in the second half.

You never know, conceding only 1 against the wind might have been a good performance.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:39:59 »

HT 0-1

That was difficult to watch. Not bad approach play but our final ball is terrible, defensively struggling too.

Harrogate had a gameplan that has worked perfectly so far, 2nd best all over the pitch at the moment. Far too many backward passes.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:42:48 »

HT 0-1

That was difficult to watch. Not bad approach play but our final ball is terrible, defensively struggling too.

Harrogate had a gameplan that has worked perfectly so far, 2nd best all over the pitch at the moment. Far too many backward passes.

Difficult and fucking coldddd.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:43:32 »

Game definately still there for the taking, get McKirdy on for the 2nd half and get at them.

With the wind behind us the 2nd half will be a very different game.

I still think we will win this.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:44:36 »

I’m just glad I’m corporate today so can warm up. Our players need warming up by Garner, special mention to Gladwin who has been completely absent, we really need half time changes today!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:46:54 »

Gladwin has been awful so far for me, off the pace and playing the wrong pass too often, took a knock too which hasn't helped him.

Williams and Payne looking decent.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:47:25 »

When we have been able to attack we have looked strong until we get into the penalty area (or  'red zone' for our US friend). Then, we look to panic and pass the responsibility to someone else.

The distribution from the back has been poor. Wrong move for Wollacott to come out of his box and then just thp it down our left wing. Most of the time Iandolo has been nowhere near where the ball is being fed.

KKH seemed to get bored and want to dribble it past people and got caught twice. Odimayo has played a couple good balls to Williams. Bit for me, Williams should have dropped back into a less advanced position a and left Simpson up top alone. That would have helped link between defence and midfield.

Our finishing is woeful.

I think Garners plan was to use JML later when we have the wind behind us. I suspect that will be when Williams tires.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:49:10 »

Harrogate's tactics were spot on, so give them some credit, with Wollacott having to go long to players with limited heading ability.  Now to see what Garner comes up with, wouldn't be surprised to see JML playing a part after an hour, need an injection of pace.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:49:35 »

Hmmm, not the first time a team has come to our ground with a gameplan that appears to have perplexed our coaching team and players.  The problem with the play it the same way regardless approach is you are not very flexible if you do need to change things up a bit, even if only for a few minutes to get the opposition guessing.

It was clear from the first five minutes that they intended to go man for man as soon as our keeper had the ball, making it too risky to play out as we would like to do.  OK, so now you know they are risking it further up the pitch by relying on having to win every man vs man situation.  We have done nothing with that though.  I have no issue with JoJo being asked to go long, but he is doing so with no obvious plan, just dribbling it up and lumping it random ways.  If he is going to do that, you target Simpson, target a bit of the pitch and know it is going there to get ready for the second ball.  A few times that works and they have to decide whether to stick with having so many players in our half.

The wind is making it easier for them to do this to us and it may be different second half, but it's the fact we seem completely unable to adjust that worries me at times.  

On the players front, Conroy was lucky we were not already one down and has been far too passive.  On of those three needs to stick their hand up and attack the ball - the amount of times it bounced is crazy, especially given the wind.

Iandolo atrocious, Simpson pretty ropey.  Payne largely pointless and playing pinball.  Gladwin - he'd be someone you'd maybe look to press up by Simpson to add the extra height (they won't know in the heat of the game he won't win many headers), but instead he has drifted around looking for someone to mark him.

Reed - needs to get the team further up the pitch when the ball is at the back if we know we cannot play out, but has slotted in too close to the defenders making it even easier to stop us.

Hunt - OK but missed the ball over his head for the goal.  KKH - a possible out ball, but wants to do too much and didn't cover Hunt for the goal that well, got caught a few times.

In fact, it's been a poor game for everyone based on decision making.

The plus side is we got away with a little and can easily turn this around.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:49:42 »

Gladwin has been awful so far for me, off the pace and playing the wrong pass too often, took a knock too which hasn't helped him.

Williams and Payne looking decent.
I would like to see McKirdy to come on for Gladwin. McKirdy to pay up top with Simpson and Williams to drop into Gladwins roll.

I suspect JML will come on for him though.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:50:13 »

I would like to see McKirdy to come on for Gladwin. McKirdy to pay up top with Simpson and Williams to drop into Gladwins roll.

I suspect JML will come on for him though.
100% on all that.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:50:20 »

Why is there always such a huge gap between our back 3 and the half way line. No tackles, no pressing - nothing.
Flashheart

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 15:51:41 »

Not enough ooomph.

And the ref's a twat.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: