Iandolo - 2 (3.8%)
Gilbert - 1 (1.9%)
Simpson - 0 (0%)
Williams - 0 (0%)
Lyden - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport C vs STFC MoM  (Read 4317 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 16:54:45 »

Typing with my bleeding stumps after that one. Entertaining game in which the oppo had the best chances, but we just don't give up away from home. Quite hard to pick out a hero though.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 17:06:33 »

Odimayo for me for that 1 fantastic saving interception first half which would have been a goal for sure and he defended well all game, Payne and Reed both had good games too as did Wollacott.

Surprised at the votes for Gladwin and Iandolo, I am sure I know who voted for Iandolo as he always does but I thought he had his poorest game in many weeks and certainly nowhere near the level he had been in his last 2 games, Gladwin as well I thought had a really poor game by his standards.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 17:19:52 »

Gone for Wollacott. Kept us in the game during two spells of intense pressure

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 17:51:26 »

Went for Odimayo, although that's maybe because I've got so used to seeing Jojo pull off saves like those.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 18:25:48 »

Odimayo for me - thought he looked better on the left of the 3 than he has done previously on the right side.

Conroy was an accident waiting to happen at times.

Very solid from the rest.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 19:22:39 »

Odimayo - best game I've seen from him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 20:15:51 »

Odimayo for me, too. Best game of the season from him.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 21:07:19 »

No brainer, Conroy for me today, total rock
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 21:20:41 »

No brainer, Conroy for me today, total rock
I can think of 3 occasions where Odimayo spared his blushes! And for that reason I'll go for him.

I thought Payne and Reed were superb at doing all of the dirty work to protect the defence and link play.

Gladwin struggled today as he was mostly marked out of the game.

Newport were a good team and that was a VERY good win.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 21:26:48 »

Odimayo for me - thought he looked better on the left of the 3 than he has done previously on the right side.

Conroy was an accident waiting to happen at times.

Very solid from the rest.

Conroy started off the pace.
Second half was immense. The way he was organising the defence and twice saved us from conceding.
Odimayo could play at a higher level if he could improve his distribution. Today the best he has played.
KHH - You can see the class he has, will play at a higher level.
Conroy and Reed our two best outfield players that are not loanees.

This side are very impressive, fitness levels very good.
If we can turn this home form could be an excellent season 👍
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 21:40:48 »

I can think of 3 occasions where Odimayo spared his blushes! And for that reason I'll go for him.

I thought Payne and Reed were superb at doing all of the dirty work to protect the defence and link play.

Gladwin struggled today as he was mostly marked out of the game.

Newport were a good team and that was a VERY good win.

We were watching a different game then, I thought Dion was everywhere in the second half when we were under the cosh
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 22:23:15 »

We were watching a different game then, I thought Dion was everywhere in the second half when we were under the cosh
Definitely watching a different game to both of us.
What often goes unnoticed is his organisational attributes. Equally the ball is always given to him to start the build ups and threading through to the midfield.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 21, 2021, 07:36:50 »

Definitely watching a different game to both of us.
What often goes unnoticed is his organisational attributes. Equally the ball is always given to him to start the build ups and threading through to the midfield.
I noticed that. One occasion Odimayo spared him was from when he lost the ball being too clever coming out of defence. The other was when he was out of position and Odimayo's pace enabled him to put the ball out for a corner - There then followed a long conversation with arm movements from Conroy talking about positioning. Then a first pump and what looked like an apology.

I didn't say Conroy played badly, just that Odimayo played better and cleared up a few mistakes.

As for watching a different game. Seems 10 of us saw something different than the 2 of you. 😂

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 21, 2021, 08:36:05 »

I noticed that. One occasion Odimayo spared him was from when he lost the ball being too clever coming out of defence. The other was when he was out of position and Odimayo's pace enabled him to put the ball out for a corner - There then followed a long conversation with arm movements from Conroy talking about positioning. Then a first pump and what looked like an apology.

I didn't say Conroy played badly, just that Odimayo played better and cleared up a few mistakes.

As for watching a different game. Seems 10 of us saw something different than the 2 of you. 😂

Exactly that Mate and no opinion more valid than another.
Always enjoy your posts and thoughts as well. Without doubt definitely made some mistakes and Odimayo had an excellent game. Once the back line settled we settled down.
Special call out to Hunt having to play in a new role and cope with some pressure into the box.
All the defenders stood firm.
Odimayo if he could improve his distribution he could play at a higher level.
Reed and Conroy both have that in their locker.

Equally Newport in my opinion looked a decent side, their movement equally as good and they mixed it up a bit. Towards the end game opened up and was like a boxing match. Could have gone either way and thankfully it went to us.
Williams raised the tempo I thought as well. My Newport Mate reckoned the game changer.
He said Welsh Bastard 😂😂
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 21, 2021, 10:21:51 »

Reed or Payne. Not sure because the Newport commentary thought they were the same person and I was getting confused myself.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: