East - 2 (6.5%)
Parsons - 1 (3.2%)
Gilbert - 2 (6.5%)
McKirdy - 6 (19.4%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 4 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Newport C MoM  (Read 1507 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:52:41 »

Enjoyed that. A few flaky moments, some flashes of brilliance and a couple of encouraging performances. Do you reward promise or accomplishment?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 21:14:57 »

Minturn for me, wouldn't have known that was his professional debut. Looked pretty assured in the centre of the back 3.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 21:47:56 »

Difficult one to call a standout player. Lots of solid performances, but none that stood out from the crowd. Could say Ward for looking solid. Minturn or Winchcombe for appearing untroubled playing together in their league debuts. Lyden and East for looking like a proper L2 midfield. McKirdy for effort or flashes of something 'different'. JML for getting into dangerous positions, but maybe not as he fluffed them all.

So, no stand out for me.

My full assessment:

Ward - Solid. Untroubled
Hunt - Looked good.
Minturn - Cool and calm
Winchcombe - Confident enough to do a bit of shithousing
Dabre - Defended well. First touch going forward very poor
Lyden - Solid. Professional display
East - Solid, if unspectacular.
Parsons - Couple of nice defence splitting passes
Gilbert - Can dribble and did so. Looked as if he wanted to score. But fell short
McKirdy - Flashes of awesomeness. Lots of running and moaning at the ref in equal measures
JML - Excellent athleticism but awful first touch. Could have scored a hattrick at least with a bit of composure.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 08:24:36 »

Bizzare line up with Minturn and Winchcombe joining Rob Hunt at CB and Parsons and Dabre kind of playing like attacking Wing backs (I think). Unfortunately as much as I wanted him to do well Dabre was terrible and I trust the experiment of him at Left Wing Back will be consigned to the dustbin, Newport had so much space down their right. To his immense credit he never stopped working or tracking back and did make some important defensive interventions.

I reckon my MOM was Minturn. After a silly early booking where his man got wrong side of him I don't think he put a foot wrong. A couple of times where Newport players were left unmarked with crosses into our box, but our first teamers do that a lot as well, so I won't criticise too much for that on a first team debut. I liked the fact both of the young CBs were comfortable on the ball and weren't afraid to bring it out past the pressing forwards. Both can be very proud of their work last night.

Edit - Dabre with 3 votes? Really?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 09:15:17 »

Went for Lyden.
Good to see him back although, barring injuries to others, it might be difficult for him to get into the first team.
Should make the bench if fit and will need to be patient.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: