Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread - FAC Rd 1  (Read 43152 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 15:39:02 »

Agreed. The performances that we've put on at home haven't been good enough with our best XI. I think players playing to their max and Garner getting his tactics right will make more of an impact than the personnel on the day

That's just reminded me of something. I was listening to the excellent Loathed Strangers Podcast recently and heard that Garner had setup his side to counter how Bradford had tactically setup this season, only for Bradford to change it for our game. I didn't see the Bradford game but it sounded like it was a bit of a mess and from 1-90 were second best. A slight worry here that other sides may see how easy it is to get one over tactically on Garner and just turn up at the CG playing completely differently to how they have done previously. Obviously Garner needs time to put together more than one way of playing and so we aren't going to be undone so easily in the future and he will have the nous to be able to counteract the opposition fluently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 15:49:04 »

Just set us up how we play away games, it's obviously working. Adjusting to your opposition puts us straight on the back foot.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 15:52:47 »

That's just reminded me of something. I was listening to the excellent Loathed Strangers Podcast recently and heard that Garner had setup his side to counter how Bradford had tactically setup this season, only for Bradford to change it for our game. I didn't see the Bradford game but it sounded like it was a bit of a mess and from 1-90 were second best. A slight worry here that other sides may see how easy it is to get one over tactically on Garner and just turn up at the CG playing completely differently to how they have done previously. Obviously Garner needs time to put together more than one way of playing and so we aren't going to be undone so easily in the future and he will have the nous to be able to counteract the opposition fluently.

I think it was more a combination of things. The set up wasn’t ideal but it didn’t cause the problem.  What did was that Bradford scored early after a lazy hoof into touch gave them a throw in. The goal wasn’t caused by the formation or personnel. Without that goal, Bradford wouldn’t have been able to ‘bank in’ and Garner’s changes would probably have gradually worked but then Town were chasing. And it got worse from there.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 16:03:50 »

Sometimes the word "system" in modern football makes the game out to be over complicated and is an easy word to use when a team gets beat. Both sides have 10 outfield players each and one ball to chase so if a player/s plays in a slightly different position to what was planned for react to it.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 5, 2021, 16:48:02 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 18:07:15 »

Sometimes the word "system" in modern football makes the game out to be over complicated and is an easy word to use when a team gets beat. Both sides have 10 outfield players each and one ball to chase so if a player/s plays in a slightly different position to what was planned for react to it.

Thank you Ron Manager for your genius insights into the beautiful game. Marvellous, isn't it? 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 18:08:03 »

Thank you for your sarcasm

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 18:09:11 »

I will jump in with 'jumpers for goalposts'.

Nothing to see here
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 18:15:43 »

Thank you for your sarcasm

Sorry - I'm absolutely twatted - nothing personal. I'm just being a gobshite. I'll get off the internet!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 18:16:43 »

No you carry on it's a free for all forum and everyone can share their opinion

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 18:56:36 »

It was strange to change a winning formula, when at home and 3rd in the league to an out of form team, and perfectly predictable for the same reason that Bradford may do something to counter us.   Then to play with no width was suicide.

Garner's done well and knows far more about football than me but thoroughly out thought himself that game.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 19:00:11 »

If anyone is interested it's pay on the day tomorrow and tickets can be collected from the away ticket office after 12pm

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 19:03:06 »

Is there likely to be a dodgy stream for this game?

Extended highlights on iFollow Sunday.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 19:07:45 »

Will we be on Match of the Day?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 19:10:44 »

Is there likely to be a dodgy stream for this game?

Extended highlights on iFollow Sunday.

Hot Mary Manchester Road.
Always up for a dodgy stream for a couple of quid.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 19:13:22 »

Unfortunately will be travelling home and was looking forward to watching the mighty Banbury United v Barrow on TV.
Over 2,000 I understand.
Big pay for them and good luck as know the Chairman.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: