Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disneyland Paris  (Read 986 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:24:43 »

I’ve been to Florida a couple of times - albeit in the 90s - and am looking at taking my grandson to Paris.

Is it comparable? Is it far outside Paris? Where’s best to stay?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:32:43 »

It's about 20 miles due East of Paris but very easy to get in on the RER from the Park area.

Essentially it's like Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, plus a much smaller version of what is now Disney Springs and a few hotels around a lake.

It's actually quite nice in that it is big enough to keep you busy and everything is walkable, but not as packed as WDW.

If you stay onsite, which is usually worth it due to ticket prices, then you'll be able to stroll around the Lake, have plenty of places to eat and drink without going in the Parks themselves and have several days of fun in the Parks.  The train station is between the hotels and the Parks, so great location, and hosts both the RER and TGV, so fantastic connections.  If I remember correctly, the line goes to Gare De Lyon in Paris (among several other stops).

You also have Marne Le Vallee shopping area one stop away, with a Mall, outside Outlet Village and plenty of cafes/restaurants.

You do have to put up with the Parisiens though.  Queueing is not something they take kindly to, so expect to be elbowed out after waiting patiently for things.  I also had the bar man take the piss out of my French accent when trying to order in French.

Even if not staying there, the Bar area of the Sequoia Lodge hotel is worth a visit, especially in the winter.  They have a two way massive fireplace in the middle of a grand room.  You can spend an afternoon there just chilling avec un Biere, or more.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:35:22 by RobertT » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:36:13 »

Great! Thanks for that. Presume price wise presume it’s comparable to Florida
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:39:05 »

Staying wise - onsite, Sequoia was always my favourite, but they have re-modelled Newport Bay and what was New York recently, the latter being Avengers themed I think.

Offsite - Explorers Hotel (as it was the last time we used it) is still linked for travel but is not part of the Disney hotels.  There are a few stops on the RER with cheaper hotels that are easy to get back and forth from and I've even done it with a hotel in central Paris (Montparnasse) which just involves navigating the Metro.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:40:18 »

Great! Thanks for that. Presume price wise presume it’s comparable to Florida

Staying onsite can actually be a little less with the right deals, but the price of things when there can make your eyes water a little, so yes on that front.  The plus point is much more access to alcohol in the main park!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:44:32 »

Budget allowing I would certainly look at Sequoia as Rob has beautifully described
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:46:51 »

It's posts like these that make me aware of just how much money Disney has taken from me, willingly.  My wife has a lot to answer for.

Fun facts - I proposed to my wife on our first trip to Disnleyland Paris in 1997, and I was in Sequoia Lodge at the same time as Samdy, he didn't say hello.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 17:31:00 »

Didn't I? When I saw the thread title and then you post, I recalled seeing you there. You were with your brother if I remember rightly?

Sequoia Lodge gets my vote too, stayed a couple of times now.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 18:06:03 »

I think we ended up with that traditional bloke thing of eventually seeing other and nodding from a distance :-), and yes, my brother was with me.  We had my Dad there as well, who loved that hotel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: