Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bradford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34153 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:49:55 »

Changes needed to start the 2nd half. Not after 60 minutes.

Still can’t see us getting anything, mind you.

KKH will be on for Hunt, that will be the first change.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:50:32 »

You think we should try to keep the score down?
Keep it down to 0-2 and try and hit them on the break, nothing is working today, Bradford are a bit shit but have a game plan that we cannot cope with, we are not creating anything and look powderpuff at the back today.

I doubt Garner will make any changes at HT and will wait until about the 70th minute before bring on KKH and JML.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:50:39 »

Poor team selection from Garner unless there's injuries. Neither full back any good but two on the bench who could play there. He's been reading the Iandolo advice from here.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:50:45 »

Game isn't over. That was shit, but no reason the second half can't be good enough to turn it round. Will need to play differently though, big half time for Garner - he got the changes right on Tuesday, time to do it again.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:50:53 »

Almost like we should have never dropped Iandolo ey?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:51:13 »

Well, that was pretty terrible.

That half is entirely on the Head Coach in my eyes.  Yes, the players are not at the races, but the set-up and defensive tactics from set pieces have conceded the game.

I can see why we go for a back four - Bradford have set-up to sit in and a third centre half would be a waste in possession.  But, what the fuck have we set-up going forward?  Five midfielders tripping over each other in the middle and two full backs chosen to defend set pieces I imagine so no desire or ability to attack the final third.  We've basically pulled the pitch in by 10 yards either side and played into the 10 men of Bradford.  Odd does not describe it.

Then the defending of set pieces - three times Reed is marking their number 9 from the long throw in and all three times he loses the challenge.  That cannot be a surprise given his 5ft nothing.  It's no point having the centre half and Odimayo in the 6 yard box if we just let them win the first ball anyway.  Same goes for free kicks - several times Simpson hasn't come back or known he should be coming back.  It's simple - we need height, prepare the players to defend it as best we can.  We may still concede a chance, but we've allowed them to get chances easily.

Overall, bad management that one and then bad execution from the players who have shown no personal responsibility to change anything.

The formation needs changing, maybe the personnel to.

Teams like this will be our Kryponite, so we may not win many of them, but we are not even giving ourselves a chance in this one.

Spot on

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:51:26 »

Should have stayed at home convalescing. Not scored three at home in the league yet have we?
REDBUCK

« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:52:09 »

Well, well, well, Bradford nice and solid with 2 forwards working nicely as a pair whereas Simpson and Harry aren't any threat. We have no wide midfielders hugging the touch line as in previous weeks so narrow and mostly going through the middle. Neither full back has an real inclination to bomb foward and Simpson not in the game.

Two poor goals to give away, lots of work to do, somehow we need to be stronger and win more battles.

Draw at best from here.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:52:26 »

Should have stayed at home convalescing. Not scored three at home in the league yet have we?
Fuck me, we’ve only scored 4 altogether!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:53:07 »

Poor team selection from Garner unless there's injuries. Neither full back any good but two on the bench who could play there. He's been reading the Iandolo advice from here.

I have no issue with the back four decision, or keeping Odimayo as right back, but you can't have both Odimayo and Hunt as your full backs.  In that situation you have to have Iandolo as left back if you think you need Odimayo's height.  Or you have Hunt for defensive cover at left back and have KKH to open up the right wing.  The choice today has closed both flanks down.  Iandolo has been poor at delivery, but his driving presence would at least cause a defender to have to think about it.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:53:38 »

Well, that was pretty terrible.

That half is entirely on the Head Coach in my eyes.  Yes, the players are not at the races, but the set-up and defensive tactics from set pieces have conceded the game.

I can see why we go for a back four - Bradford have set-up to sit in and a third centre half would be a waste in possession.  But, what the fuck have we set-up going forward?  Five midfielders tripping over each other in the middle and two full backs chosen to defend set pieces I imagine so no desire or ability to attack the final third.  We've basically pulled the pitch in by 10 yards either side and played into the 10 men of Bradford.  Odd does not describe it.

Then the defending of set pieces - three times Reed is marking their number 9 from the long throw in and all three times he loses the challenge.  That cannot be a surprise given his 5ft nothing.  It's no point having the centre half and Odimayo in the 6 yard box if we just let them win the first ball anyway.  Same goes for free kicks - several times Simpson hasn't come back or known he should be coming back.  It's simple - we need height, prepare the players to defend it as best we can.  We may still concede a chance, but we've allowed them to get chances easily.

Overall, bad management that one and then bad execution from the players who have shown no personal responsibility to change anything.

The formation needs changing, maybe the personnel to.

Teams like this will be our Kryponite, so we may not win many of them, but we are not even giving ourselves a chance in this one.

Groaned when saw the formation, hasn't worked yet at home.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:53:47 »

He’s played in all the other home games where we’ve been poor….  It’s less personnel and more general tactics and set up at home.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:53:57 »

I have no issue with the back four decision, or keeping Odimayo as right back, but you can't have both Odimayo and Hunt as your full backs.  In that situation you have to have Iandolo as left back if you think you need Odimayo's height.  Or you have Hunt for defensive cover at left back and have KKH to open up the right wing.  The choice today has closed both flanks down.  Iandolo has been poor at delivery, but his driving presence would at least cause a defender to have to think about it.

100% this
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:54:10 »

Perhaps.

His biggest critics being the most critical of our poor play too.

I’d say fuck it and go three up front. Simpson in the middle, McKirdy one side of him and another (JML, Gladwin, Parsons?)

I have no issues with us using a back for but think you need to go two holders in midfield and three attack mids to keep the width
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #254 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:54:53 »

Spot on
+1

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: