Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bradford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34106 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:41:53 »

Well, shove your possession football up your arse!
72% with no shot on target and only 1 all half. Fucking abysmal showing.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:42:25 »

I think Bradford have defended well. A bank of 5 and 3 in front. The two front players are quick and tall and given license to roam. They have been dangerous on the counter.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:43:22 »

bradford is happy to let us pass the ball around and mark up the forward players so when we try an incertion pass to a player they are right there...need to get the ball to open space on the outsides...dont wait for a wing or striker to get there then pass...send ball to corner and let striker run on to it....if we can establish the outside, the inside will open up again for possession passes there....
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:43:43 »

Bradford have done their homework well but our formation is fooking shite.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:43:50 »

Tbh, we could have lost every home game this season. It’s dreadful to watch - not just today.

Fans aren’t going to keep coming back to watch this shit much longer.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:43:53 »

What a terrible half. We look very short of ideas. I’d personally never play Hunt and Odimayo as both the full backs because it limits you so much going forwards. KKH on 2nd half please but can’t see us getting anything here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:44:16 »

will that was shite

can't get Williams or mckirdy into the game.

gladwin has at least tried to spring attacks.

can we bring payne on? oh what, he's actually playing.

feel asleep after second goal. literally
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:45:11 »

damage limitation.

You think we should try to keep the score down?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:46:23 »

What a terrible half. We look very short of ideas. I’d personally never play Hunt and Odimayo as both the full backs because it limits you so much going forwards. KKH on 2nd half please but can’t see us getting anything here

Akin gets in great positions but does fuck all with. Won't take a guy on, too too predictable. Akin off KKH on, birthday boy to turn it around.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:46:45 »

Get Grant and KKH on.

It’s all very well Garner setting up exactly the same home as away but when it’s clearly not working he needs to come up with something different.

Hunt and ? to come off.  Like to see 5:3:2 in second half for more width.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:47:20 »

Hunt and ? to come off.  Like to see 5:3:2 in second half for more width.

yes!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:47:28 »

Well, that was pretty terrible.

That half is entirely on the Head Coach in my eyes.  Yes, the players are not at the races, but the set-up and defensive tactics from set pieces have conceded the game.

I can see why we go for a back four - Bradford have set-up to sit in and a third centre half would be a waste in possession.  But, what the fuck have we set-up going forward?  Five midfielders tripping over each other in the middle and two full backs chosen to defend set pieces I imagine so no desire or ability to attack the final third.  We've basically pulled the pitch in by 10 yards either side and played into the 10 men of Bradford.  Odd does not describe it.

Then the defending of set pieces - three times Reed is marking their number 9 from the long throw in and all three times he loses the challenge.  That cannot be a surprise given his 5ft nothing.  It's no point having the centre half and Odimayo in the 6 yard box if we just let them win the first ball anyway.  Same goes for free kicks - several times Simpson hasn't come back or known he should be coming back.  It's simple - we need height, prepare the players to defend it as best we can.  We may still concede a chance, but we've allowed them to get chances easily.

Overall, bad management that one and then bad execution from the players who have shown no personal responsibility to change anything.

The formation needs changing, maybe the personnel to.

Teams like this will be our Kryponite, so we may not win many of them, but we are not even giving ourselves a chance in this one.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:47:35 »

Garner just seems devoid of ideas at home where the onus is on us, home attendances will fall off a Cliff soon as it’s both a poor watch and poor results wise and that will mean issues financially.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:48:24 »

Changes needed to start the 2nd half. Not after 60 minutes.

Still can’t see us getting anything, mind you.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, October 23, 2021, 14:49:38 »

We need to get it wide and attack the full backs. We seem so narrow and predictable as always cut inside. My dad persuaded me to come today. Should have gone Xmas shopping 🙄
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: