Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bradford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33181 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:02:29 »

Bring it on. I will be in attendance, so let's stuff the Bantams. 3 of Bradford's 4 wins this season came in August  Eek We really need to turn someone over at home, let's hope Saturday is that day.

Swindon 3-1 Bradfud (Att: 10,004 with 856 away)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:48:59 »

Probably another draw! Would love to see 10K in the County Ground but think we'll fall short (even with a decent away support)
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:51:59 »

Well we had nearly 9200 home fans against Rochdale. Add another few hundred because we are up to 3rd and Bradford are probably a bigger draw than Dale. Bradford will bring more. Should be around 10k in my opinion.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:57:40 »

Swindon to suffer a single goal defeat in front of 9,845 fans with 785 Bradford fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 10:36:13 »

What are peoples thoughts on trying Kesler Hayden at left wing back. I really think we lose so much down the left with the final ball being so poor at times.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 10:38:56 »

What are peoples thoughts on trying Kesler Hayden at left wing back. I really think we lose so much down the left with the final ball being so poor at times.
If he himself is comfortable there I am all for it, at worst though I would still put Hunt at LB even though hes way more comfortable at RB.

Also it does depend if his parent club will allow that, but at the end of the day they will benefit from his versatility if it does work, nothing to lose really.

Dabre didn't look out of place there at Plymouth TBH and hasn't featured in the squad since!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 14:01:36 »

Would prefer Hunt at LWB - already proven in that position

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 14:09:00 »

I’d leave Iandolo there as he is improving and provides a real threat on that side.
I like the balance of left footed player on the left and right footed players on the right if we have that choice.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 14:54:45 »

As long as we get more than the 5,673 the piss stains got at home last night 

Tinpot
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 15:02:10 »

Well we had nearly 9200 home fans against Rochdale. Add another few hundred because we are up to 3rd and Bradford are probably a bigger draw than Dale. Bradford will bring more. Should be around 10k in my opinion.

Im missing...

Clems Army!
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 15:12:07 »

I’d leave Iandolo there as he is improving and provides a real threat on that side.
I like the balance of left footed player on the left and right footed players on the right if we have that choice.
I'm in complete agreement. BG sees him as a threat down that side as we tend to favour attacks down the left when he plays.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 15:15:46 »

Im missing...

I know, I won't be  Wink
REDBUCK

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 15:33:16 »

I'm in complete agreement. BG sees him as a threat down that side as we tend to favour attacks down the left when he plays.

Seems to me that out of our WB, Iandolo plays the further forward of the two but neither actually takes on the full back to get to the by-line. It appears to be the plan to cut inside and feed the ball into midfield runners. To get frustrated about it seems pointless.

If you switch Hunt to LWB the play is the same, we still won't get crosses in.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 09:05:34 »

Seems to me that out of our WB, Iandolo plays the further forward of the two but neither actually takes on the full back to get to the by-line. It appears to be the plan to cut inside and feed the ball into midfield runners. To get frustrated about it seems pointless.

If you switch Hunt to LWB the play is the same, we still won't get crosses in.

But you will have KKH on the right to do that.  I don't think it is a bad thing to have one more defensive minded full back and one more attacking.  When that WB goes forward the other defensive minded one drops in for a 4 at the back.  Hunt is better defensively than Iandolo, KKH is better attacking than Hunt and Iandolo - hence my belief that I think Hunt at LWB and KKH at RWB would be  a good option.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 21, 2021, 09:22:18 »

But you will have KKH on the right to do that.  I don't think it is a bad thing to have one more defensive minded full back and one more attacking.  When that WB goes forward the other defensive minded one drops in for a 4 at the back.  Hunt is better defensively than Iandolo, KKH is better attacking than Hunt and Iandolo - hence my belief that I think Hunt at LWB and KKH at RWB would be  a good option.
I agree totally, its good when people lay out their reasoning behind why they prefer certain options as I always try to, rather than just saying "you are picking on somone" or hes just better etc etc. A difference of opinions is good when they are reasoned arguments.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: