McKirdy - 3 (4.2%)
Simpson - 1 (1.4%)
Gladwin - 0 (0%)
East - 0 (0%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton U vs STFC MoM  (Read 4808 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 06:30:34 »

Williams for me. Outstanding in the decisive period when the game was won.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 08:50:00 »

The Iandolo votes 😂😂😂😂
Thats Redbuck and all his aliases I am sure, Iandolo had a poor game.

I went for Williams as he was eager and kept on running and winning free kicks, looked a much better option than Gladwin for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 09:49:32 »

Due to spending a large proportion of the game looking at the back of our fans who were relocated from the terrace to the empty zone next to the seated area, hence right in the way, I can't possibly comment beyond what an organizational shower of shit Sutton were....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 12:36:34 »

I thought Iandolo did well and is much maligned in my opinion. I wasn't one of the three votes by the way. I didn't vote because I thought the whole team was excellent...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 12:39:52 »

It is fair to say we all see things differently

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 12:47:01 »

Yes, yes you do  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 12:53:36 »

Yes, yes you do  Smiley
Cheesy

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 12:53:42 »

I thought Iandolo did well and is much maligned in my opinion.

I agree.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:02:00 »

I agree.
+1

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:05:02 »

Indeed as stated above everybody has an opinion and we don't have to agree on them.

Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:25:10 »

I thought Iandolo was alright but agree with the sentiment that his delivery has worsened. The trouble is when Hunt plays left we lose momentum when he invariably cuts back onto his right foot so Iandolo is the better option imo.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:34:54 »

I thought Iandolo did well and is much maligned in my opinion.

There are a few that suffer that way. I was sat in front of someone who felt the need to slag Simpson off for most of the second half, even claiming he hadn't won a single header all night, about two mins after he won a header & flicked it on (to McKirdy I think).

The odd thing is McKirdy missed at least 3 times when clean through on the keeper and yet is free from any sort of criticism, had that have been Simpson he would have been slaughtered for it.

What people don't seem to quite grasp, is that we are in Division 4, and have players that are at that level for a reason, they are going to make mistakes, we just have to hope that they do more good things than bad.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:38:27 »

Didn't see last night but Iandolo is an odd mix. His defending isn't great and his crossing isn't up to much, but his positioning, interplay and dribbling going forwards opens up space and allows us to progress the ball well. He is deceptively integral to us going forward even without that final ball
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:47:04 »

Didn't see last night but Iandolo is an odd mix. His defending isn't great and his crossing isn't up to much, but his positioning, interplay and dribbling going forwards opens up space and allows us to progress the ball well. He is deceptively integral to us going forward even without that final ball

I think this is pretty close to spot on - the reason Iandolo polarises so much is that as much as he averages out at a L2 player, it's composed of bits that are are really quite good and bits that are really quite bad, rather than being well rounded. Depending on what you're watching for you can have a totally different opinion of him as a player - and probably both are right!

For me, Hunt is almost the polar opposite - he's solid at just about everything but I'd struggle to tell you what he's great at. I'd rather pick Hunt to play for my life, but that doesn't mean Iandolo won't occasionally do better.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 14:10:37 »

There are a few that suffer that way. I was sat in front of someone who felt the need to slag Simpson off for most of the second half, even claiming he hadn't won a single header all night, about two mins after he won a header & flicked it on (to McKirdy I think).

The odd thing is McKirdy missed at least 3 times when clean through on the keeper and yet is free from any sort of criticism, had that have been Simpson he would have been slaughtered for it.

What people don't seem to quite grasp, is that we are in Division 4, and have players that are at that level for a reason, they are going to make mistakes, we just have to hope that they do more good things than bad.
McKirdy is not Eoin Doyle and his misses have been pointed out.    

His particular role is to make things happen.  He deserves credit for having made the runs that led to the one on ones.   His gossamer presence upfield complemented Simpson's heavyweight tussles and turns.  Together they kept Sutton honest at the back.  

STFC has more than one way to "finish" this season.  Last night, the excellent Reed and Williams were the ones to excel with the finishing.  

McKirdy also harried back tirelessly as part of a first level defensive cover.  

The win was earned on the back of a committed alround team performance and I think you are quite right - no need to criticise any players.  Difficult to pick a MOM but perhaps Hunt epitomised that team effort best?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: