McKirdy - 15 (16.5%)
Simpson - 1 (1.1%)
Baudry - 0 (0%)
East - 0 (0%)
Lyden - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 85

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green R vs STFC MoM  (Read 4100 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:13:49 »

without ward we'd have lost or drawn too
that's why it's a difficult one!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:17:06 »

Can we reallocate some of last season's spare MoM awards to this game?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:20:56 »

Can we reallocate some of last season's spare MoM awards to this game?
Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
china red

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:46:08 »

Today was the hardest choice of MoM for a long long time.  I thought Reed and Simpson were excellent, Ward had a great debut in goal but for me it was Gladwin, made some fantastic passes and far and away his best game since his return.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:47:48 »

Loved Mckirdy's energy but Ward was fantastic. Never a penalty he even said so himself to the ref, and made amends with a great save. Absolutely chuffed to fuck with that result.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 15:20:55 »

Scoring goals at one end and keeping them out at the other are equally important. That's why it's a dead heat between McKirdy and Ward imo...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 17:51:49 »

Ward had to be man of the match. He kept us in the gave with a combination of smart and spectacular saves! Loved his interview after.

The back 3 snuffed out Matt and Stevens completely.

Hunt had his best game and showed that he is a much better RB than LB.

Reed was superb in midfield. He broke everything up and drove us forward. He dominated FGR midfield completely.

Simpson and Payne ran all day

Two bits of sublime skill from Gladwin too.

McKirdy had that extra bit of magic and would have been MotM on another day. His interview was class too!

superb performance.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 20:16:07 »

How Reed is not at the top of the pile this week is beyond me.
I guess you don’t get the full picture on a screen, but he was everywhere.
Closing down, chasing but above all his movement and ball vision way beyond this level.
Ward decent, McKirdy grafted but Reed Head and shoulders above every player on the park today.

Got a massive round of applause coming over to the Lino first half and telling him straight.
We have a real player on our hands, just hope we can keep him.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 20:44:33 »

I gave it to Ward but I thought Gladwin was excellent as well. You could tell that Gladwin has played at a higher level. Reminded me a little of when Tommy Mooney played for Town, technically he was miles better then the players he played with. Just need Gladwin to be more consistent.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 21:57:26 »

Closing down, chasing but above all his movement and ball vision way beyond this level.
Ward decent, McKirdy grafted but Reed Head and shoulders above every player on the park today.

Got a massive round of applause coming over to the Lino first half and telling him straight.
Totally agree that he put in an awesome performance. Think if I'd been rating him I'd go for  9 out of 10.

But, you've got to admit that Ward was unbeatable today. If he hadn't made all those saves, we wouldn't have won. In fact, we could have come away from the game with a heavy defeat.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 22:48:51 »

I knocked Reed the first couple of game he played, but hoped it was just a fitness thing.  It turns out it was, he is well above this league.  Today though, Ward was nuts.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 07:25:06 »

Totally agree that he put in an awesome performance. Think if I'd been rating him I'd go for  9 out of 10.

But, you've got to admit that Ward was unbeatable today. If he hadn't made all those saves, we wouldn't have won. In fact, we could have come away from the game with a heavy defeat.

Just great though mate, debating over a few.
Let’s not forget Dion Conroy and the bad luck the lad has had. In addition the humiliation that the prick Sheridactyl imposed last season.
Calm, Cultured and organising that back line. A player that was destined for Sheffield United before that last injury. He is going from strength to strength. Critchlow is developing so well alongside him.
His fitness is now being managed correctly in the Club and paying the dividends on the pitch.

Above all incredible this team built on minimal resources and put together in a very short space of time.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 07:28:59 »

Absolutely 100% this.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 07:50:34 »

Regarding Ward’s MOTM credentials.

It is worth considering that the keepers match day action is similar to the refs, insomuch as that if you don’t notice the ref then you’d consider that a good performance for letting the game flow. Similarly the same with the goalie, if you don’t notice his contribution his lack of action makes him kind of not the focal point but they still generally have a good game in the overall scheme of things doing what they do. Yesterday however was completely the opposite. Wards heroics were as impressive as a forward banging in a sublime hat trick and in a game where there is a shining star forward the keeper easily gets overlooked 9/10. So for me Ward gets the nod, not only for the clean sheet and penalty save but frustrating their attackers at every opportunity and, and coming in as second string with very little match day action, very, very impressive.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, October 10, 2021, 07:58:07 »

Just great though mate, debating over a few.
Let’s not forget Dion Conroy and the bad luck the lad has had. In addition the humiliation that the prick Sheridactyl imposed last season.
Calm, Cultured and organising that back line. A player that was destined for Sheffield United before that last injury. He is going from strength to strength. Critchlow is developing so well alongside him.
His fitness is now being managed correctly in the Club and paying the dividends on the pitch.

Above all incredible this team built on minimal resources and put together in a very short space of time.
Yes, I couldn't tell which if the back 3 snuffed out Matt, because they worked well as a unit. Odimayo I only remember noticing one - I think that's because he gave nothing away. Crichlow was very good, but get sucked into giving freekicks away when he had the ball and is looking up to see what to do with it. Conroy, as you say, was awesome and martialed the defence. There is also the run for the McKirdy goal where he dropped his shoulder twice to send two midfielders the wrong way before passing to Gladwin who whipped the ball into McKirdy. I sometimes joke about Conroy trying to be Hoddle, but that was just sheer class!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: