Simpson - 0 (0%)
McKirdy - 40 (71.4%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Williams - 0 (0%)
Hunt - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 52

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol R vs STFC MoM  (Read 2729 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:00:12 »

Phew. Took a bit of luck to put us ahead, but we should have been out of sight against a really terrible team. I think one switch changed our whole tempo, but that's just my view. What's yours?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:03:42 »

Agreed, McKirdy was the difference.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:11:38 »

The old country mile win for McKirdy for me, game changer.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:34:10 »

How anyone could vote against McKirdy? Scored one and made two!

The rest of the team did their job, apart from Simpson who had his worst game for us. Difficult to compare and contrast them. But, McKirdy was the missing ingredient and THE person who influenced and won the game for us.

Wollacott 6
Nothing to do. Made a couple of claims under pressure from Pitman

Odimayo 6
Did everything he had to do. Could say he played all onside for their goal, but it was more Crichlow’s fault with a rush of blood. Others were saying it was Iandolo’s, but I think he was playing more as a left midfield than LB. Wasn't put under pressure.

Conroy 6
Only thing I would say is that I wish he didn’t think he was Glenn Hoddle! His spraying of passes just gave the ball away! However, one sublime turn in their area was unlucky not to set up a goal. Had an easy day.

Crichlow 6
Rush of blood for the goal as detailed above. Apart from that, defended well and offered a threat from set pieces. Not put under too much pressure, even though Iandolo was pushed further forward.

Iandolo 6
Looked good linking with Payne going forward. Had lots of the ball, but final ball always poor. Defending was not very good.

KKH 6
Made a couple of breaks forward including setting up McKirdy for the 3rd. Lots of pace but final ball, shot and crosses were general poor (as normal). Lucky not to let Rovers away with a break away in second half.

Gladwin 6
Came into the game more in the second half. Best performance so far. Class penalty right into the corner.

Reed 7
I thought he played well today. Broke up play and linked defence to rest of midfield.

Payne 6
Some nice link play. Lots of waste, but good finish for his goal. Could have had 3 or 4

Gilbert 6
His best bit of play was when he lobbed the keeper when offside. Admittedly, he linked with Reed and Payne well.

Simpson 4
Not his day. Think he won one ball and blasted one shot high and wide from outside of the area in the first half

Subs:
McKirdy 9
Scored and made the other two goals. Showed guile and urgency. Brilliant impact sub.

Williams 6
Nothing spectacular. Did his job.

JML 6
Couple of runs. Did his job

Hunt N/A
Brought on to solidify defence. Didn’t have a lot to do. Kept threat at other end of the pitch

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:33:26 »

McKirdy made the difference but Iandolo gets my MOM. He dominated the left-hand side and turned the makeshift right back inside and out. Whipped decent crosses into the box too.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:35:25 »

McKirdy made the difference but Iandolo gets my MOM. He dominated the left-hand side and turned the makeshift right back inside and out. Whipped decent crosses into the box too.
That's what i love about football. I thought he was poor and in the last 2 games his final ball has been terrible. All opinions isn't it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:39:24 »

You've drunk a lot today, haven't you.  I'll give Iandolo some credit, he got into some good attacking positions.  He was useless at defending and crossing though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 18:07:10 »

Quote from: Formerly Drummer Boy

er, he put in effort but my view was different from yours.

who cares. great win
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 08:30:34 »

A McKirdy landslide.
Should start on Saturday although not sure that he would have done without the absences.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 09:19:39 »

Interesting to see 3 spoiled votes for Iandolo who looked ok going forwards but terrible defending:D I think we know who contributed those! Redbuck and his aliases.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 4, 2021, 08:33:33 »

I do like to try and spread my choices around but I have to give it to Reed, again!! I just thought his range of passing and movement kept us ticking along. Such an intelligent player, finding pockets of space and using the ball well.

That said, I can't think of a poor performance from Saturday. I think Crichlow, Conroy, Payne and Reed are consistently good. Gladwin had a better game and Iandolo wasn't too shabby at RB. Actually a small negative against Simpson, clumsy in possession at times. One of his dribbles out of defence was reminiscent of someone coming out of a nightclub at 3am, seeing a football and for a laugh trying to dribble the ball as fast as he could. Ball bouncing off him all over the place.  

Edit - I completely forgot about McKirdy! Fantastic impact sub and definitely puts himself into contention for the live TV game on Saturday.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 4, 2021, 08:36:13 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: