Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46554 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 08:28:45 »

It got delayed in August because of bad weather but dosen't say if grass was actually installed or not.

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 08:46:40 »

Well unless they have been planting seed on top of the artificial pitch. https://www.suttonunited.net/news/2021/august-2021/let-there-be-grass/

Plus wasn't there a rightful outcry when Man U played someone on an artificial pitch in the CL suggesting it was absurd that artificial was OK in the CL but not in the FL?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:09:33 »

Just watched the 'highlights', how the fuck is a disallowed goal not a highlight, watching that you would think FGR played us off the park. Nice to see us win in red!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:35:12 »

Not read back.

Made the short trip to the Bug and Spider in Calne to take this one in...6 of us in total to take in the spectacle.

Probably the best i have seen us play so far, with some key players out.

I would say that Wards debut (i think) is the best one for a keeper i have seen. Hes was epic. Last season we played months with no decent keeper at all and now we have two great ones!

Simpsons disallowed goal was because we were on Sky end of. That would be given most days.

McKirdy never say die attitude was a joy to behold and the goal was superb. Was the second going in anyway?  His MOM was deserved although a bit tough on Ward.

The Gump pen was a penalty for me, slight delay before he dived but a great save anyway.

Gump are a good side and now maybe we can start believing that we might do something this season.

I got pissed with Victor Mildew anyway....darn those Pitcher deals...happy days!

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:44:43 »

Going Saturday Flash?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:52:27 »

Going Saturday Flash?

Indeed. But missing Bradford....

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:01:54 »

Not read back.

Made the short trip to the Bug and Spider in Calne to take this one in...6 of us in total to take in the spectacle.

Probably the best i have seen us play so far, with some key players out.

I would say that Wards debut (i think) is the best one for a keeper i have seen. Hes was epic. Last season we played months with no decent keeper at all and now we have two great ones!

Simpsons disallowed goal was because we were on Sky end of. That would be given most days.

McKirdy never say die attitude was a joy to behold and the goal was superb. Was the second going in anyway?  His MOM was deserved although a bit tough on Ward.

The Gump pen was a penalty for me, slight delay before he dived but a great save anyway.

Gump are a good side and now maybe we can start believing that we might do something this season.

I got pissed with Victor Mildew anyway....darn those Pitcher deals...happy days!

Peter Brezovan might disagree with your opinion on Town goal keeper debuts.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #682 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:07:29 »

Peter Brezovan might disagree with your opinion on Town goal keeper debuts.

I said on Saturday....

Not sure I have ever seen a keeper play so well for Swindon ever.
And I stand by that, league debut or not.

I wasn't there to witness Brez at Hartlepool so my statement definately still stands for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 11:13:02 »

I was thoroughly impressed with us from start to finish on Saturday. We pressed high and this seemed to throw FGR off their game, they were sloppy in possession whereas we used the ball very well and won it back whenever it was lost. Yet again no goals in the first half but I think Simpson's should have counted, he does tend to get penalised just for being stronger than the defender. Perhaps he just needs to be a little cuter when using his body as the full on shoulder charge (which I thought was legal) always seems to be penalised.

Second half we continued on the front foot and Gladwin's inviting cross was diverted expertly into the goal by McKirdy. A superb finish which he made look easy. More great work from McKirdy with 10 to play, showing the same energy he had at the start of the game, driving into the box, drawing the keeper out and again expertly dinking it over the keeper to be finished off by Simpson. (I think it was going in)

It doesn't really tell the full story however, whilst we were miles better on the ball than FGR and to a man the performance was very high from everyone - the midfield 3 of Reed, Payne and Gladwin are really on song at the moment - yet Ward had to play out of his skin to keep a clean sheet. The save down to his left from the header was absolutely out of the top drawer and looking back on the highlights there were 4 or 5 really top saves, not just ones for the cameras either. If you are being critical some of the chances that FGR had, were free headers with markers nowhere near their men. This was a bit of a let off for me and I think may be our achilles heel this season. However if we can show attacking prowess that we did on Saturday, it may not matter too much.

The whole squad seems energised and in a positive frame of mind. We are nearly 2/1 to beat Rochdale at home on Saturday, I find those odds bizarre given we are third and Rochdale nearer the foot of the table.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 11, 2021, 11:15:15 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 13:56:06 »

I see the green Messiah has switched the gaslight on...

"Saturday's game wasn't a sell out - there was still space in the away stand. Our stewards do all they can to ensure fans spread across this open area. Too many away fans arrived literally just before the ref's whistle - and it takes time to search fans and admit them safely." Dale Vince 2021
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 14:10:38 »

The constant 'local rivals' bullshit from sky is getting tedious

Not as egregious as Swindon vs Yeovil which they have tried to peddle.

Fucking Brentford is closer and you'd get to Walsall quicker.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #686 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 14:18:18 »

There is not 1 single FGR player that I would take over any of our side on Saturday, their passing at times was dire in comparion to ours with few balls finding their target, so much for them being a "footballing side" they looked ok at best but we passed them off the park at times.

I like Jamille Matt as a centre forward/target man but Conroy and Crich kept him totally out of the game and Simpson had a better game than Matt did.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 14:49:19 »

And some post match views of FGR fans....

surprised you found some. They don't seem to exist on twitter judging by the replies to their official account.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #688 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 15:09:16 »

surprised you found some. They don't seem to exist on twitter judging by the replies to their official account.
Their forum is more active than several better supportered teams TBH.

https://forum.fgr.co.uk/the-first-team-810523

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 17:42:48 »

I said on Saturday....
And I stand by that, league debut or not.

I wasn't there to witness Brez at Hartlepool so my statement definately still stands for me.

Brez’s performance v Hartlepool even better than Wards.
Both top class but all my history of watching football that was the best keeper performance I have ever seen. Two pens aside, one save from a deflection, can even see it now he was already committed but arched his back and somehow clawed the ball whilst going the other way.
Unreal.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: