Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46568 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:49:47 »

What is the story with the Legends Lounge? I see the game will be shown there.  is this a bar that is open every game day at the stadium?  is it just for "important" people normally?   It seems like from what I have found, that there are a number of meeting spaces at the stadium for rent.  Do people rent those spaces for wedding receptions and such?  
seems like a cool place to rent before a game for a group to Pre-game before watching the game itself.   Our local stadium has a "bar" but that is for people that aren' teachers  Cheesy

It's basically just a bar area in the ground that's open on match days. It's ticket holders only but not VIP, there are other areas for the hoi polloi.

I had my wedding reception there, and we've had a few other family parties there. It was very cheap, and if you wander around upstairs you can see the club trophy cabinet (such that it is).
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:51:27 »

As we’re playing the Vegans I suggest more meat. Nevertheless, the evenings meaty effort is excellent.

I told my wife, if i were able to be at the FG game, i would smuggle in a steak and throw it on the field in protest of this hippie food selection!    Angry Angry
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:52:40 »

It's basically just a bar area in the ground that's open on match days. It's ticket holders only but not VIP, there are other areas for the hoi polloi.

I had my wedding reception there, and we've had a few other family parties there. It was very cheap, and if you wander around upstairs you can see the club trophy cabinet (such that it is).

That sounds cool!!  If i ever make it over to the UK for a match, I will be hosting a party for all of you there!  be a few years away from now though  Smiley
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 18:35:50 »

I have been to a few places in the US of A and Canada and was disappointed by the food portion sizes. I don't think that I am particularly greedy.

Nothing to see here
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 19:34:09 »

I have been to a few places in the US of A and Canada and was disappointed by the food portion sizes. I don't think that I am particularly greedy.

JBZ, you would have told John Holmes that his size was disappointing.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 20:17:59 »

JBZ, you would have told John Holmes that his size was disappointing.

That's unfair my friend. I think I had heard tales of every meal being the size of what is now known as a man v food challenge. 

Is that the chap who had the music shop on Farringdon Road?

Nothing to see here
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 08:53:46 »

That sounds cool!!  If i ever make it over to the UK for a match, I will be hosting a party for all of you there!  be a few years away from now though  Smiley

So glad we have an active member over in the states.

I have family in Seattle so have visited loads and have done all the states on the western side of the continent. You yanks know how to do BBQ food! The ribs my uncle Charlie used to cook up (He was from Alabama/Georgia) have never been matched in my many visits to the states. The meat fell off the bone.

My best burger was at the Washington state fair where they cooked up the burgers and then let them sit in the BBQ suace in a slow cooker.  

I am bloody hungry for some BBQ food now!

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 08:56:54 »

I had a lumberjacks breakfast in Jasper, Canada many moons ago. It was huge. My daily intake on one plate  Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 09:03:35 »

I have family in Seattle so have visited loads and have done all the states on the western side of the continent. You yanks know how to do BBQ food! The ribs my uncle Charlie used to cook up (He was from Alabama/Georgia) have never been matched in my many visits to the states. The meat fell off the bone.

My best burger was at the Washington state fair where they cooked up the burgers and then let them sit in the BBQ suace in a slow cooker.  

Some gorgeous sunshine and a cold beer to go with it sounds good too.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 09:05:19 »

I had a lumberjacks breakfast in Jasper, Canada many moons ago. It was huge. My daily intake on one plate  Smiley

I have some Spanish black pudding from a stall in Borough market to have a fry up on Saturday. The sample I tried the other day was very, very nice.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 09:34:21 »

I have family in Seattle so have visited loads and have done all the states on the western side of the continent. You yanks know how to do BBQ food!

I love BBQ'ing.

Recently 'upgraded' to a cheap Aldi ceramic Kamado (cheap is relative). That sucker can burn for 16 hours low and slow without a refuel. Makes overnight Brisket a lot easier (i.e. I can sleep).

Mmmm brisket. Definitely my favourite.
Then ribs and pulled pork/lamb.

drool building.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 09:36:19 »

Could have sworn there was a game on!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 09:38:59 »

Could have sworn there was a game on!

It's only Thursday Aud. You've lost track of days with your new Mediterranean  retired lifestyle.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 10:24:20 »

Are you meat free now Aud?   Wink

Meat has to be discussed on an FGR matchday thread.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 10:38:16 »

TBF I had a Beyond Burger in Wetherspoons yesterday in Cheltenham and it was far better and tastier than I thought it would be, maybe I have turned.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: