Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46569 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 12:55:38 »

Plymouth, lets get it done. It doesn't matter win or lose tbh.

Farce indeed otherwise. We may have made a contractual rod for our own back, but surely it laughs in the face of EFL league integrity.

Hey ho. Just got to win it then against the odds. Then nobody will care.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:02:42 »

This chat about the non-cancellation due to international call-ups is as tedious as the repetitive queries on the Northampton match day Fred as to why it was a 2pm kick off. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:10:53 »

Plymouth, lets get it done. It doesn't matter win or lose tbh.

Farce indeed otherwise. We may have made a contractual rod for our own back, but surely it laughs in the face of EFL league integrity.

Hey ho. Just got to win it then against the odds. Then nobody will care.
The Plymouth match may be pointless but it will stress a stretched squad as we won't have many players to rotate in on Tuesday and playing Saturday/Tuesday always increases the risk of injuries. If something happens to Ward then we'll have no keeper for the Rochdale match so again I would love to know the reason we haven't got this called off as well.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:11:44 »

This chat about the non-cancellation due to international call-ups is as tedious as the repetitive queries on the Northampton match day Fred as to why it was a 2pm kick off. 

Ok everyone. I do believe the Orange one would like a permanent cessation of the afore mentioned conversation. Period.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:21:00 »

The Plymouth match may be pointless but it will stress a stretched squad as we won't have many players to rotate in on Tuesday and playing Saturday/Tuesday always increases the risk of injuries. If something happens to Ward then we'll have no keeper for the Rochdale match so again I would love to know the reason we haven't got this called off as well.

I believe Garner said he was looking to get a keeper in for the short term to cover this eventuality. Do we have a decent youth keeper anymore or has that ship long since sailed?

I'd also like to see Garner playing 3 or 4 youth players in that pointless Plymouth game so as to alleviate that injury risk as you stated.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:26:03 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:34:30 »

I think the EFL have relaxed the rules somewhat. Anyone who has 40+ first team games can play irrespective of whether they are regular starters or not. That might not help us muchly on that front. I think the likes of Parsons, Cowmeadow et al will have to play and bollocks to the rules. We should get a helluva lot of slack seeing as we are going ahead on Saturday.

What is ridiculous is the poxy £10k we get from Sky is exactly the same amount we get for winning a group game in the Pizza Cup.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:35:56 »

End of
FACT

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:36:56 »

End of
FACT

Cheesy

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 13:46:05 »

There is some glorious shit being lost on Facebook about this, getting close to tin foil hat territory......
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 14:03:46 »

Curious if Forest Green has players that will be missing as well due to call ups??
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 14:20:23 »

Curious if Forest Green has players that will be missing as well due to call ups??

Just Ebou Adams who has been called up for the Gambia I think. He's a good player but clearly they come out of it better than we do. 

Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 14:23:15 »

well that is bullshit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 14:35:56 »

I'm sort of cool with it all.

The major loss is JoJo but Ward seems competent enough.
Hayden is a loss going forward but assume Hunt slots in and he is more than capable at this level when playing right back.
Gilbert is a talent but his replacement from the bench on Saturday got the MotM award, so I'd be more than happy for McKirdy to start anyway.
Grant has not been in the side.
Williams has been a sub and we seem to have been using Mitchell-Lawson ahead of him from there as well.

It means we are a bit less able to switch the team from the bench, but maybe a bit more solid plus the addition of McKirdy adding some drive.

We played a load of second string in the last silly cup anyway, no different this time around.  Plus you have Baudry and possibly Lyden to try out in that game.

It may even create a bit of team spirit.  The not quite guaranteed first teamers will know they are a central part of the success or failure of the team.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 14:53:04 »

Hayden is a loss going forward but assume Hunt slots in and he is more than capable at this level when playing right back.
Gilbert is a talent but his replacement from the bench on Saturday got the MotM award, so I'd be more than happy for McKirdy to start anyway.
Williams has been a sub and we seem to have been using Mitchell-Lawson ahead of him from there as well.

It means we are a bit less able to switch the team from the bench, but maybe a bit more solid plus the addition of McKirdy adding some drive.

We played a load of second string in the last silly cup anyway, no different this time around.  Plus you have Baudry and possibly Lyden to try out in that game.

It may even create a bit of team spirit.  The not quite guaranteed first teamers will know they are a central part of the success or failure of the team.
Yep me too
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:02:22 »

This

In addition, ultimately  as supporters there is sod all we can do about it and in Clem/Garner we trust.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: