Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Advisory Board Meets For The First Time  (Read 8970 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 13:38:10 »

I'd imagine he simply did things to spite Clem, Austin and Standing.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 14:03:49 »

I saw the Meeting Minutes, and the over-riding impression I had was how professionally they were presented; and how professionally the meeting seemed to have been conducted.  Actually being run as a business, by business people with proper business/commercial experience.

Appreciate that this isn't everything that's needed to run a successful football club.  But it's a vital piece of the jigsaw.  And one that's been lost behind the STFC sofa for many years.  So good to see.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 14:04:12 »

Absolutely, his exit strategy was to leave the club in as much shit as he could, hence letting Sheridactyl stay until relegation was confirmed as he knew the game was up around December time.

So line your mates pockets and fuck off.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 14:46:49 »

I hope he ends up doing time
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 14:50:52 »

Eventually that came a part of his modus operandi.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 18:01:21 »

Absolutely, his exit strategy was to leave the club in as much shit as he could, hence letting Sheridactyl stay until relegation was confirmed as he knew the game was up around December time.

So line your mates pockets and fuck off.

You think December? That’s generous of you Venks. Lest we forget the Able ‘scam’ came to light in or around October? I 100% agree with you about screwing the club over for as much as could possibly be done to sink it without a trace. Think MH370, sinking without a trace.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 19:17:42 »

I hope he ends up doing time

I would not rule that out.
Just hope the judge on the day shows no mercy. Without doubt plenty of evidence is in the locker.
Time for a few to get their own back.

Only negative if we “the club” get retribution.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 21:05:52 »

Are there criminal proceedings? I missed that.

Nothing to see here
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 07:46:53 »

I think we can put any suggestion to bed that McGreal came here with a dastardly plan to then leave with a payout. I struggle more with the idea that in football, somehow a manager or coach can decide to leave of their own choice, and receive a settlement payment. I never believed Jewell was working for free. I suspect that was just another off the cuff comment from our compulsive liar former owner.

The minutes show how much is really going on at the club. It’s great to see. Professionally done, and for the first time in a long time, gives you confidence in the strategy and decision making behind the scenes. That won’t immediately deliver results on the pitch, but it will start to put in place an infrastructure that just hasn’t been there before, so that when we get the success on the pitch, it may just last.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 24, 2021, 07:49:23 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 08:12:01 »

I think we can put any suggestion to bed that McGreal came here with a dastardly plan to then leave with a payout. I struggle more with the idea that in football, somehow a manager or coach can decide to leave of their own choice, and receive a settlement payment. I never believed Jewell was working for free. I suspect that was just another off the cuff comment from our compulsive liar former owner.

But it is pretty clear now that they weren't getting paid during that period so effectively a breach of contract by the club and a valid claim for a payout..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 08:27:38 »

I think we can put any suggestion to bed that McGreal came here with a dastardly plan to then leave with a payout. I struggle more with the idea that in football, somehow a manager or coach can decide to leave of their own choice, and receive a settlement payment.

Yeah I am struggling with that one a bit as well, incredible how many on here if they were on the rock n roll would apparently turn down a job offer.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 08:41:58 »

But if they had stayed until Clem took over and then Clem had told them he had someone else he wanted they would have been paid off no problem or questions asked - they would have been entitled to having their contracts paid up.

Leaving as they did made no sense at all. Now they have to have their claim ruled upon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 08:44:58 »

OK, you can argue they took a job - didn't get paid and walked. That's a fair conclusion. Timing was odd for me but hey, maybe Clem told/they got wiff that their services would no longer be required anyway.

But I do think Power was just the type to put them in to either force a payoff out of Clem, or end up where we are now with a court case.

edit: Sorry Aud, didn't read your post before I posted. Exactly that
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #43 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 09:33:59 »

They were paid when everyone else were paid that is how we got the embargo lifted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 10:58:50 »

Quote from: Shrivvy Road
They were paid when everyone else were paid that is how we got the embargo lifted.

oh, good point
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: