Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Colchester United pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21510 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 07:31:27 »

Entire squad injury free and up for selection. All down to individual fitness levels.

Got to say, whether it’s just plain luck but we do seem to have stopped picking up those niggly injuries which were a regular occurrence the past couple of seasons.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 08:01:07 »

I think the fact the club have been out and spent good money on a very good medical team is reaping the benefits.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 08:10:31 »

I think the fact the club have been out and spent good money on a very good medical team is reaping the benefits.

Very true. You only have to look at the fact the first team squad travelled up to Rochdale last season on a double decker bus that things were stripped right down, including medical facilities and staff. I am not sure how much of that was during the season before as the injuries under Wellens seemed to be pretty consistent. Edit - I note Doncaster have quite bad injury problems so that could also be down to how Wellens trained his teams.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 09:03:47 »

Wellens also said he bought players whose ability was of a higher standard than L2 - eg Fryers - working on the basis he might get 30 or so games out of them - it seemed to work in a normal season (at least for 36 or 37 games when the season stopped) but in the shortened treadmill of last season with a limited pre season as well it was clearly not working.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 09:47:34 »

I would personally go with this team

Wollacott; Kesler, Odimayo, Conroy, Iandolo; Grant, Reed; Payne, McKirdy, Gilbert;
Simpson
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 11:51:28 »

I would personally go with this team

Wollacott; Kesler, Odimayo, Conroy, Iandolo; Grant, Reed; Payne, McKirdy, Gilbert;
Simpson
I like that other than I would have Critchlow for Iandolo who for me has been poor in most games so far when playing at LB/LWB.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 11:55:27 »

Not sure, I’ve seen nothing from crichlow to suggest he has the ball playing ability to play full/wing back. Think we just have to ride with Ian/hunt, no matter the form

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 12:04:29 »

I like that other than I would have Critchlow for Iandolo who for me has been poor in most games so far when playing at LB/LWB.
Same, I still don’t know what Iandolo is but it’s not a left back as he has zero in the way of defensive ability and his general fitness is shocking, one run and it seems to take him the next 5 minutes to recover. Critchlow is currently very loose with his passing at centre back so worth a shot at left back as might be less of issue there.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 12:07:28 »

Same, I still don’t know what Iandolo is but it’s not a left back as he has zero in the way of defensive ability and his general fitness is shocking, one run and it seems to take him the next 5 minutes to recover. Critchlow is currently very loose with his passing at centre back so worth a shot at left back as might be less of issue there.
I agree, Critchlow played left back dring his loan spell at Hartlepool and Welling and most of his Huddersfield appearances were as a left back.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 12:27:28 »

I wouldn’t drop him, but KKH has been pretty anonymous in the last 3/4 games to. He certainly hasn’t showed anything close to what he did at Scunthorpe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 12:28:28 »

I wouldn’t drop him, but KKH has been pretty anonymous in the last 3/4 games to. He certainly hasn’t showed anything close to what he did at Scunthorpe.
I was thinking that too during the last match, hes not been the same since his sending off.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 12:31:23 »

Thta's my only worry with the team i have chosen, i would probably change it actually and play a 3 5 2 as it allows KKH to get forward and be more creative.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 12:49:48 »

Wollacot

Odimayo
Conroy
Crichlow
Hunt

Reed
Grant

KKH
Payne
Gilbert

Simpson

...is probably the best XI we can put out. Or perhaps KKH back to RB to put McKirdy in that attacking three and drop Odimayo
« Last Edit: Friday, September 24, 2021, 12:53:04 by DiV » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 15:04:52 »

He's only really played well with McKirdy in front of him creating the space.   He's not a winger and looked lost the 2 games he played there.   Found a lot of space at wingback, but no real service with the ball often going back inside rather than wide or over the top into space.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 18:44:10 »

Wollacot

Odimayo
Conroy
Crichlow
Hunt

Reed
Grant

KKH
Payne
Gilbert

Simpson

...is probably the best XI we can put out. Or perhaps KKH back to RB to put McKirdy in that attacking three and drop Odimayo

He will start with the same starting line up against Northampton I reckon.
It was getting close to how he likes to see the ball moving quicker and finding gaps in the midfield pockets.
Just hope we are not chasing the game tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: