Williams - 0 (0%)
Gilbert - 4 (7.7%)
Simpson - 7 (13.5%)
Gladwin - 1 (1.9%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton T vs STFC MoM  (Read 2853 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 14:54:47 »

Bit patchy that. Decent in spells only. Draw a fair result against a team that won plenty of challenges in and around our box and had more clear chances than us. A bit lucky that they weren't more accurate.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 14:56:40 »

Conroy.

A couple of sloppy balls, but he defended well and made a few Hoddle-esque passes.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 15:44:53 »

Albeit from behind the goal and looking through the net, Simpson.
Seems to get 2 or 3 good opportunities in every game not including the ones he creates himself.
Not inconceivable that he could join the 20 goals in a season club if the footballing runes fall favourably.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 16:20:11 »

Albeit from behind the goal and looking through the net, Simpson.
Seems to get 2 or 3 good opportunities in every game not including the ones he creates himself.
Not inconceivable that he could join the 20 goals in a season club if the footballing runes fall favourably.

Got to start finishing more though. The goal was a great finish, took it early and hit it hard and low - what he should have done in the first half.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 16:28:30 »

Conroy.

A couple of sloppy balls, but he defended well and made a few Hoddle-esque passes.

As long as it wasn't his man who scored their goal, I agree.  He made some great interceptions in the first half.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 16:49:18 »

Conroy all day long.
Kept us in it and was the start of all our moves.
One stray pass.
Cracking performance.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 18:06:23 »

Conroy, piece of piss choice

How the hell 6 people voted for Simpson is beyond me Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 19:24:21 »

Conroy, piece of piss choice

How the hell 6 people voted for Simpson is beyond me Smiley

Unreal isn’t it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 19:50:39 »

Simpson took his goal well, don't get me wrong. But he was otherwise poor compared to his most recent performances. which I hope it's taken as a  compliment on his improvement
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 20:51:57 »

Simpson took his goal well, don't get me wrong. But he was otherwise poor compared to his most recent performances. which I hope it's taken as a  compliment on his improvement

Improving but missed an absolute sitter first half and should have really scored another in the second.
Without doubt improving every game but the two best players on the park today were Conroy and Koiki for them.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 08:51:19 »

Conroy for me. He made 3 very important interceptions first half and he is such a calm footballer. I thought as DOB said, Koiki was excellent for them. Can you imagine if we had Koiko on the Left and KKH on the right??

Interesting to read comments about Simpson. I personally like him, every now and then he has a heavy touch and looks a bit clumsy and of course you can't really forgive him hitting the bar from 6 yards in the first half. But his energy and strength cannot be underestimated. Once he gets the ball under control and a defender tight to him he can use his body and roll away. Players are now starting to use him more as he points to where he is running and he should really have had a hat trick (hitting the bar, his goal, him hitting the keepers legs and the half chance towards the end when crowded out). He is only 19 and is still learning the game. He is surely good for at least 15 this season?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 10:05:19 »

I don't hate Simpson! He's improving and scoring. I think we can all see he could be a good player.

I think I voted him mom last time out.

But Saturday he should have had a hatrick, his first touch was heavy and he's not great in the air. Still scored though Smiley

My major gripe is the idiocy of not having a second striker available to share the load/give him a rest
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 11:58:57 »

I don't hate Simpson! He's improving and scoring. I think we can all see he could be a good player.

But Saturday he should have had a hatrick, his first touch was heavy and he's not great in the air. Still scored though Smiley

My major gripe is the idiocy of not having a second striker available to share the load/give him a rest

Yes this 100%
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 13:18:34 »

Pretty much agree, the irony was that the chance he missed (albeit the keeper saved it) in the second half his first touch was very good.

Definitely getting better (may just be a confidence thing) or that the team are getting more used to his style & preferences.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 13:59:29 »

I like him, but I’m realistic enough in my expectations seeing as he’s a League 1 youth team player on loan as our only striker (which in itself is at best hugely optimistic and at worst, criminal!)

We really were spoilt last time we were in this league to have two strikes of Doyle and Yates’ calibre. If Simpson was in that squad he’d have played the Muskwe role I expect, but it’s to his and Ipswich’s immense benefit that he’s developing so rapidly by starting every match.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: