Pages: 1 ... 773 774 775 [776]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1403779 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11625 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 14:10:04 »

Bobby Buckland seems to be being reshuffled out of the government, for people who want the local angle.

Rumour being that he has been shunted out to create a space for Raab.

Williamson sacked from education and offered NI (I am not joking!)
Flashheart

FUCK YEAH!

Ignore
« Reply #11626 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 14:21:28 »

Williamson sacked from education and offered NI (I am not joking!)

What could possibly go wrong?

I like it firm and fruity.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11627 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 14:45:46 »

What could possibly go wrong?

I think he turned it down (understandably as its a bit of a graveyard for careers) but rather illustrates how little interest the govt have in NI.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11628 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 15:23:29 »

Unlucky  Fuckland

Adore this life
There is no guarantee
Could end by tomorrow
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #11629 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 16:15:29 »

Unlucky  Fuckland

Calling him that, reminded me of this...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww

Ignore
« Reply #11630 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 17:35:40 »

Glad to see Brown Nosed Bobby Buckland got the boot. Party line towing twat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11631 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 17:55:59 »

"Nadine Dorries is secretary of state for culture, media and sport"

Jesus wept.

Adore this life
There is no guarantee
Could end by tomorrow
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11632 on: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 20:27:44 »

Just thought Id pop in with a bowl of popcorn to see how things are going. Glad to see normality has resumed after the worst of the pandemic appears to be over.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11633 on: Thursday, September 16, 2021, 09:00:36 »

I think something needs to be done about Social Care; it's not fair or consistent for Health to be free at the point of need but Social Care to be means tested for everything. You can end up with ridiculous situations in the grey area between the two (e.g. dementia care) where if it's classed as 'health' it costs 0 but if not ,00000s. NI is probably the worst choice, as it isnt paid on Pensions (even generous final salary ones). The thing that upsets and concerns most elderly home owners is the random chance factor, 2 out of 3 people will pass pretty much their whole home to their kids, 1 out 3 almost nothing. Pot luck. I think most (not all, some people are greedy selfish bastards) elderly home owners would actually be quite happy for a big increase in Inheritance Tax if it meant that were protected from losing it all. That seems fairest to me. I think T May tried to suggest something like that, the media crucified her for it and it was binned. Boris is far too much of a populist to do the right , difficult thing here (or, indeed, ever)
Interesting comments.

Your IHT suggestion would be a wonderfully fair way of tackling the random inequities of the dementia fee burden.

It will not of course happen.

At present, with no particular planning, the survivor of a married couple can leave circa 650k free of IHT  (The balance is taxed at 40%).

Thus the type of "capitalist" twatted by the Dementia Tax is the League 1 or 2 capitalist owning an average home with modest savings.  That capitalist risks wipeout.

Meanwhile the less prudent or less fortunate receive their care for free whilst the wealthier are easily able to fund their care from investments, immediate care plans purchased (// an annuity) and where any capital diminishment is effectively saving them the 40% IHT it would otherwise have suffered.

I'm against all tax but let's be clear the Tories will always prefer to tax the aspirational small savers and home owners ahead of the wealthy.  IMO, it's about time that more of Thatcher's Council House home owners and other prudent, hard working but unprivileged voters realised the Tories (as well as Labour) are not their true friends.
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 775 [776]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: