Gilbert - 6 (12.8%)
Simpson - 39 (83%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Iandolo - 0 (0%)
Parsons - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Port Vale MoM  (Read 2300 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:05:10 »

I think this week's going to be all too easy. With two exceptions, and maybe one borderline promising, not enough good performances from back to front for me.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 16:46:39 »

Had to be either Wollacott or Simpson - The rest of the players didn't turn up today. [Note: Gilbert and Williams turned up fro brief spells] Wollacott did many things well, but his distribution was off today and he looked rattled with the ball at his feet. Simpson scored a good goal and was unlucky not to get a second. He worked hard and kept going for 90 mins. Had to be him for effort alone.

Wollacott 6
Claimed crosses well. Made a couple of good saves. Little chance with the two goals. Distribution not good today. Looked nervy and rattled towards the end.

Hunt 5
Was vilified in the match day thread, but I didn’t think he was ‘that’ bad. He was trying to link with Williams and Gilbert in the first half and was targeted by their attack. The first goal came from a ball over the top of him, but Critchlow should have been covering given that Hunts attacking play broke down in the midfield.

Critchlow 4
Was bullied by Rodney. Looked very ordinary today and at times frustrated with Conroy.

Conroy 5
Was caught out a couple of times and looked rattled by a physical attack. His distribution was poor today. However, he made several interceptions of dangerous crosses. Looked to be the only person defending on occasion.

KKH 4
Very poor first half and not much better in the second. Came into the game for about 10-15 mins but a game to forget. Worry that he seems to be going backwards.

Gladwin 4
Great through ball for the goal. Played one or two more, but, didn’t link up play between defence and attack.

Reed 5
Didn’t protect the defence and put us into trouble so many times as his passing was off.

Gilbert 6
Did OK in the first half. Had a purple patch for the first 20 mins of the second half, where he was everywhere.

Williams 6
I thought that he wanted to be everywhere. He popped up on the right, left and in the middle. This seemed to mess up our shape and confuse the rest of the team. He was often trying to occupy the space Payne was trying to play in. But, he made several threatening runs and we were unlucky not to score from one. But, if you are playing left wing, then please play left wing.

Payne 4
Didn’t get into the game. Williams was in his way a lot. Teams are pressing him a lot now too.

Simpson 7
He bullied their number 6. Pulled away from him for the goal with a very calm finish. He was so unlucky not to score a second when his curler from outside right of the box hit the intersection between the left post and crossbar. Also created lots of space for others from drawing the CB into the corner. He looked confident and runs his socks off for the team. He was the only one that ‘put a shift in’ today.

Subs:
Iandolo 4
Mix up for second goal. Cautious in attacking ball in box at the other end. Crossing not good.

JML 5
Had a couple of runs and a weak shot.

Parsons NA
Didn’t get in the game. Got a yellow. Didn’t do much else.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 17:45:07 »

Simpson by a country mile
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 18:07:56 »

Or two.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 19:05:32 »

When presented with his MoM, Simpson was asked if he’d ever played at Northampton - our opposition next week.

His response was ‘not football, but I have rugby’. A rugby playing footballer!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 19:28:47 »

When presented with his MoM, Simpson was asked if he’d ever played at Northampton - our opposition next week.

His response was ‘not football, but I have rugby’. A rugby playing footballer!
Was offered a professional deal for someone like Leicester but turned it down choosing football instead.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 12, 2021, 08:16:27 »

A Simpson landslide.
All of the zero vote lot need to pull their fingers out.
Needs to be much better on Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 12, 2021, 09:09:29 »

Easily Simpson, he grows stronger and better with every game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: