Parsons - 0 (0%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 2 (5.1%)
Conroy - 0 (0%)
Payne - 0 (0%)
Simpson - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Arsenal U21 MoM  (Read 3686 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 11:48:28 »

Not excusing it as he is a pro keeper but you have to wonder if playing at a 'big' stadium in front of a crowd has such a negative effect on these guys. We saw it with Kovar last season and this guy seemed to be a huge bag of nerves. I know in the Under 23s they play in front of a handful of colleagues so could the fact 2,500 fans are there cause these guys to turn to shit?

I imagine the mental pressure of fans is very different, but I also think a big change is the way the game is played.  It's quicker, more balls into the box, less control etc.  I think Goalkeepers see more of the ball and in different situations to how it works in U23 football and below.   I'd imagine, but have no data to back this claim up, that more Keepers progress up the leagues than other positions, and more who have been on loan do well than other positions.  In the long term.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 13:39:02 »

As I no longer live in Swindon - but still a season ticket holder - where did we sign Mo Dabre from and Ricky Aguilar?  Thank you
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 13:41:52 »

As I no longer live in Swindon - but still a season ticket holder - where did we sign Mo Dabre from and Ricky Aguilar?  Thank you

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/town-bring-in-talented-youngster-ricky-aguiar/

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/town-sign-young-starlet-dabre/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 13:46:33 »

What is the relevance of where you live or your Season Ticket holding status to your question out of interest?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 14:40:40 »

I never see the relevance of the phrase 'lifelong fan'.  Must one support the club immediately after birth? Is there a grace period before you elect to support a club?  Then of course we get into the realms of whether one can be a fan if one does not attend any matches.

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 14:43:56 »

It probably hasn't reached the wastelands of the south, but we have an innovative tool up here called Google that can answer such questions swiftly and easily.  Wink
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 9, 2021, 16:15:01 »

Thanks PV
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: