Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42289 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 16:15:50 »

A large element of football fans go to football get coked up and drunk and act like idiots. I used to do it myself and many of others do, he is right though. Our culture tend to go out get drunk and coked up and want to fight everyone

I queried the use of 'our'.  I ain't part of that.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 17:04:22 »

We know you're not the norm  Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 17:07:43 »

You include that element of the Bus, Railway Station and Manchester Road area in your eagerly awaited dissertation. Still no release date?
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 17:16:24 »

Me neither and never want to be either but there’s no rose tinted glasses in the world that will hide the truth what portions of our society comfortably do like it’s second nature. Shivvy Road hit the nail on the head to exactly what I meant though. Let’s not forget that it wasn’t THAT long ago you had all the hooligans at the international tournaments, that culture clearly hasn’t disappeared, just behind a mask waiting to rear it’s ugly head again. Yesterday was a perfect example to that in many ways.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 17:26:29 »

You include that element of the Bus, Railway Station and Manchester Road area in your eagerly awaited dissertation. Still no release date?

You can find it in motorway service station bargain bins and other good retail outlets. 
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 17:32:09 »

You can find it in motorway service station bargain bins and other good retail outlets. 

It’s not out yet. Could be at the proof readers.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 17:38:19 »

It's half a dozen of one and half a dozen of the other but it seems everyone who didn't witness what happened has squarely apportioned 100% of the blame on the fans, sadly, including the club.

Sorry, I clearly missed the eyewitness accounts of Stewards ripping up hoardings and chucking them into the away end alongside some spare seats they'd got hold of.

I get your point that a professional stewards should manage their role effectively, BUT, how can it be a stewards fault if fans act like knobs?  Each person is to blame for their own actions, people should grow up and assume responsibility for what they do.  At least one poster was being honest in saying he enjoyed such behaviour, at least we can all point at him and and call him a dick knowing he knows the society does indeed classify his chosen behaviour as dickish
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 17:57:07 »

I don't care if it's 1971 or 2021, if a steward said to me dont mess with the Taliban, I'd happily chin the fucker. If what is alleged is true then Stevenage need to make a statement and this fucking idiot should never steward another game again.
I wouldn't rip up seats or horardings, just sort out the source of the problem and I'd take my chances with the cops.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 18:22:28 »

I assumed he said it in misplaced jest because he looked foreign?

bad taste and shouldn't have got involved with the crowd.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 18:22:36 »

Me neither and never want to be either but there’s no rose tinted glasses in the world that will hide the truth what portions of our society comfortably do like it’s second nature. Shivvy Road hit the nail on the head to exactly what I meant though. Let’s not forget that it wasn’t THAT long ago you had all the hooligans at the international tournaments, that culture clearly hasn’t disappeared, just behind a mask waiting to rear it’s ugly head again. Yesterday was a perfect example to that in many ways.

Check out UK casuals on YouTube as there's lots of stories on what football culture used to be like in the 80's & 90's

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 18:42:26 »

It’s not out yet. Could be at the proof readers.

I am flattered to hear that my travelogue is so eagerly awaited  Girl Giggle

Nothing to see here
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 18:44:23 »

I assumed he said it in misplaced jest because he looked foreign?

bad taste and shouldn't have got involved with the crowd.
Whether in jest or not, he's a fucking tool who should not be allowed anywhere near a football crowd again.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 18:47:15 »

I look this in a rather simplistic fashion. I am never particularly pleased with how I get treated when I attend a football match. However, I have not got to the stage where I feel the need to damage any fixtures and fittings, hurl items on to the playing surface and/or make threats of violence to third parties.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 19:32:48 »

I have to say the Town stewards are pretty decent, we have a laugh with them.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 19:36:39 »

I look this in a rather simplistic fashion. I am never particularly pleased with how I get treated when I attend a football match. However, I have not got to the stage where I feel the need to damage any fixtures and fittings, hurl items on to the playing surface and/or make threats of violence to third parties.

Neither do thousands of other factory workers up and down the country

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: