Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42290 times)

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 22:32:07 »

Another decent result. So much shite on here again today which seems the norm now on the match day threads this season. Empty cans make the most noise. Shhhhhhh
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 22:33:39 »

Shame there's no like button Clap

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 22:42:43 »

Youuuuu reddddddssssssss Pint
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 23:40:16 »

I was there today and whilst I can't agree with the damage done to the ground, the root cause of it all comes back to the stewards being overwhelmed, under-resourced, clueless, unprofessional and had no clear strategy or backup plan when Plan A failed.

It all started with Swindon fans being frisk searched whilst no other Stevenage fan I saw got searched on entry to the ground.

Soon as you got in, you had 1 bloke re-checking all of the tickets again which was frankly completely pointless.

You had fans with tickets that had no ability to choose where they wanted to sit so everyone's seat was a lucky dip

Then you had another steward behind the goal that was the only one telling fans where they had to sit. Half of the people just walked straight past her and the other half got hacked off by getting told they couldn't sit with the fans behind the goal or their friends at the other end of the stand that had just breezed past her.

Before a ball was kicked, the stewards had lost control of the stand but then continuously tried to fix their mistakes by pushing overcrowded gangways into overcrowded rows of people.

Half time came and the stewards did fuck all to prevent the problem in the 2nd half and ended up with an even worse problem with overcrowding than the first half. Tempers started to boil with stewards pointless attempts to clear the gangways.

Then they nearly lost it with one fan trying to throw the ball back but the stewards were being knobheads about that and looked like they were going to kick him out. Then it all boiled over at the end. Saad really because it was obvious with the direction of travel before a ball was even kicked.

It's by no means an excuse but this is basic crowd management 101. Whilst some Town fans did what they did and ultimately look worse off, the stewards engineered the problem and enabled it to escalate...

Sad to see the club statement blaming Town fans without really wanting to understand what happened...

Glad we got a point though, we outplayed them for the majority of the match and their fans barely made a noise all game. Shocking set of supporters, especially the idiots throwing things on the pitch when we scored the penalty!
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 23:43:38 by Formerly Drummer Boy » Logged

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 23:48:09 »

I suppose they're not used to handling crowds at Stevenage.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #440 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 23:52:48 »

I was there today and whilst I can't agree with the damage done to the ground, the root cause of it all comes back to the stewards being overwhelmed, under-resourced, clueless, unprofessional and had no clear strategy or backup plan when Plan A failed.

It all started with Swindon fans being frisk searched whilst no other Stevenage fan I saw got searched on entry to the ground.

Soon as you got in, you had 1 bloke re-checking all of the tickets again which was frankly completely pointless.

You had fans with tickets that had no ability to choose where they wanted to sit so everyone's seat was a lucky dip

Then you had another steward behind the goal that was the only one telling fans where they had to sit. Half of the people just walked straight past her and the other half got hacked off by getting told they couldn't sit with the fans behind the goal or their friends at the other end of the stand that had just breezed past her.

Before a ball was kicked, the stewards had lost control of the stand but then continuously tried to fix their mistakes by pushing overcrowded gangways into overcrowded rows of people.

Half time came and the stewards did fuck all to prevent the problem in the 2nd half and ended up with an even worse problem with overcrowding than the first half. Tempers started to boil with stewards pointless attempts to clear the gangways.

Then they nearly lost it with one fan trying to throw the ball back but the stewards were being knobheads about that and looked like they were going to kick him out. Then it all boiled over at the end. Saad really because it was obvious with the direction of travel before a ball was even kicked.

It's by no means an excuse but this is basic crowd management 101. Whilst some Town fans did what they did and ultimately look worse off, the stewards engineered the problem and enabled it to escalate...

Sad to see the club statement blaming Town fans without really wanting to understand what happened...

Glad we got a point though, we outplayed them for the majority of the match and their fans barely made a noise all game. Shocking set of supporters, especially the idiots throwing things on the pitch when we scored the penalty!

Thanks for the account of what was occurring in the 'mixer'....we've all been frustrated in crowds at football and by knob-head stewards. Most of us don't resort to scum bag actions like throwing seats and bins onto the pitch like the Town coke-heads did today.
Flashheart

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 02:25:17 »

And another thing - what was with the "Lawnmower Simulator" ad behind the goal?

Is that the shittest VR experience possible?

I noticed that.

It could be a great option for Sundays when feeling a little delicate. I think I'll download it.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 04:39:52 »

According to Stevenage, 1005 Swindon in attendance yesterday. Damn good once again.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 06:11:01 »

Happy with the 1-1, away points are always good.
Glad that Payne kept his nerve with the pen.

Despite all of the enthusiastic frisking the "pyrotechnics" still made into the ground.
Maybe they were stored somewhere that was outside of the heavy petting remit.  Hmmm

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 07:43:23 »

Despite all of the enthusiastic frisking the "pyrotechnics" still made into the ground.
Maybe they were stored somewhere that was outside of the heavy petting remit.  Hmmm

"Is that a bengalo in your pocket or are you just happy to be in Stevenage?"

I come from a land down-under
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 08:11:55 »

If your reaction to the stewards being a bit shit is to try and tear the stand apart, then you’re still a cunt.

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 08:18:50 »

Another decent result. So much shite on here again today which seems the norm now on the match day threads this season. Empty cans make the most noise. Shhhhhhh
which bit, the match analysis or the of field events analysis.

With match analysis I just call it as I see it. I am not claiming to be right, but equally surely thats ok either way.

good away point and better League position than most of us probably expected in a best case is the fact.

a bit slow and ponderous in buildup, especially when chasing the game is my opinion
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 08:32:37 »

If your reaction to the stewards being a bit shit is to try and tear the stand apart, then you’re still a cunt.

But those mean stewards said some nasty things to some of our sensitive fans.
If you give it out, then don’t cry if you get some back.

And FWIW the trouble started when a Town fan in the front row took exception to something a steward said, and it was the Town fan who went to the steward to exchange views.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 09:08:52 »

On the Facebook page it's reported that a steward punched an older Swindon fan if true then that's surely a police matter.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #449 on: Sunday, September 5, 2021, 09:11:09 »

There is no fucking excuse for knob fan behaviour, shit stewards or not, sometimes our fans, especially at away games, embarress us as a club.

The stewards are shit? fine, stewards are shit at almost every ground but that doesnt give anyone the excuse to throw shit on the pitch, rip up seats and generally act like a thug, it just brings shame on the club and fanbase.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: