Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42302 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 20:40:09 »

Something I also wasn't impressed with was walking into the toilets (where there was clear no smoking signs) at half time to see the toilets covered in smoke with people having a half time fag. Hate the smell and shouldn't subject people to it while they have a piss.

Can't see why the stewards couldn't have let people out for a half time ciggie however.

That was a stewarding error - what harm could be done of opening the main gates for 15 mins.  There were loads of stewards they could easily have manned a small cordon.  Really don't help themselves at times.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 20:40:44 »

100% with you guys. I'm also old enough to remember the 70s and 80s. Whilst it's always easy to reminisce fondly about your youth; the good old days and all that; the reality was never all that. I remember have lumps of the Stratton Bank chucked at me (Bournemouth?) The world has moved on, thank god. Throwing seats on the pitch,  at Stevenage ffs. Grow up.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #422 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 20:42:34 »

Something I also wasn't impressed with was walking into the toilets (where there was clear no smoking signs) at half time to see the toilets covered in smoke with people having a half time fag. Hate the smell and shouldn't subject people to it while they have a piss.

Can't see why the stewards couldn't have let people out for a half time ciggie however.
Agreed, the stewards today were clearly on a bit of a control and power ego trip and should have let people out for a fag. They reminded me of Bury away a couple of years back when Woolery scored a brace and then stewards chucked out a stout young Town fan who took a lot of shifting. Still, nob stewards doesn't excuse ripping up seats etc....
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 20:46:34 by STFC no2 fan » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 20:48:03 »

100% with you guys. I'm also old enough to remember the 70s and 80s. Whilst it's always easy to reminisce fondly about your youth; the good old days and all that; the reality was never all that. I remember have lumps of the Stratton Bank chucked at me (Bournemouth?) The world has moved on, thank god. Throwing seats on the pitch,  at Stevenage ffs. Grow up.

I was at the bank that day when the crowd was given as 14,300 when anybody in the ground could see that all four stands were packed and the attendance was 20,000+

So, give no fucks
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 20:53:16 »

It was just a large boisterous crowd, giving good support to the team.
We could be all saying what a great following we had - it looked like half the crowd

But when you get stewards saying don’t mess with the Taliban when we’ve all seen the distressing scenes over the last couple of weeks then I don’t blame the people getting wound up.

Breaking seats is stupid but I can understand why they reacted against the provocation
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #425 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 21:03:03 »

I did the love the Town fan (yellow shirt?) who had his very young daughter on his shoulders, right in the middle of all the carnage when the pen was awarded and both were loving it.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 21:16:02 »

Played pretty well overall. Lacked a bit of cutting edge without a quality attacking full back (not a fan of Odimayo at all tbh) or a physical threat like Woolery gave us a couple of years ago.

Great first half save from Woolacott. Critchlow was excellenf, Conroy very good alongside. Shades of an in form Yas Kasim in Reed. Payne is a class act - if he had Twines shooting boots he'd be in the Champ - and Gilbert looked pretty exciting when he came on
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 21:28:27 »

As I say, I find the different perspectives interesting and extraordinary…

How about - it was fucking stupid in the 70's, really fucking stupid in the 80's and remains equally as stupid today?  The vast majority of people who watch football have no need to engage in Neanderthal re-enactments.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 21:40:41 »

I was at the bank that day when the crowd was given as 14,300 when anybody in the ground could see that all four stands were packed and the attendance was 20,000+

Me too. Arrived to see several fans covered in blood.

Bournemouth away in the same year saw our 'fans' ripping up seats and throwing them on the pitch after the game

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 21:48:55 »

Highlights out yet?
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 21:49:43 »

How about - it was fucking stupid in the 70's, really fucking stupid in the 80's and remains equally as stupid today?  The vast majority of people who watch football have no need to engage in Neanderthal re-enactments.

The venom exhibited by those who appear to be mortally offended at people standing up is also interesting….
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 22:02:54 »

Highlights out yet?

Ignore the score they wrote it incorrect

https://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/12399298/stevenage-2-2-swindon

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 22:04:22 »

The venom exhibited by those who appear to be mortally offended at people standing up is also interesting….

No-one is offended because people are standing.  They do get pissed off that someone is stood in front of them when they want/have to sit.   Swapping seats seems the logical solution until they provide areas to stand.

We should all be able to watch and enjoy the game without getting on each others tits.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 22:12:41 »

Alternative point of view...people standing up directly in front of others who want to sit are selfish ignorant twats*...it's nothing to do with being offended, it's got everything to do with some cunt blocking your view...it's not fucking rocket science.

*no venom from me - no one was blocking my view but totally understand people who were pissed off. People who don't get that boggle my mind...completely and utterly self-centered and don't give a shit about anyone else...  Doh
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 22:15:29 »

I think that the point has been lost somewhere along the line  Girl Giggle

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: