Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42303 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 18:57:13 »

Was there a large hooligan element there today you don't normally see at away games and was there trouble outside the ground atterwwrds

So, give no fucks
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 18:59:23 »

Good point in the end but the twats and their pyro  Crash

All unnecessary I agree, but the stewards did enrage it.
I was sat down the front, and heard one steward asking a Town fan to see him outside after the game, and another say "don't mess with the Taliban"

So they have some questions to answer too

Admittedly the flares would probably have gone off anyway !
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:03:39 »

Was there a large hooligan element there today you don't normally see at away games and was there trouble outside the ground atterwwrds
No and not that I saw.   Both sets of fans walked towards town together.

We always seem to take a fair share of undesirables to the larger away days.   They may go the smaller ones too but harder to get away with the twattishness
Crackity Jones

« Reply #393 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:05:02 »

Decent first half as others said.  If we had made our dominance count and stuck away a chance or two I think we would have won that. Second half we lost our way until the subs with our possession consisting of passing from Crichelowe to Conroy to AK and back again ad infinitum until one of them attempts a Hollywood pass to give Stevenage possession. I enjoyed the game until some of our fans went off on one. What the fuck was that all about?

Jojo, Reed and Payne stood out for me. Gilbert also looked bright when he came on.  Thought their keeper was decent as well. On the subject of Reed, I got talking to some Posh fans moonlighting in our end specifically to watch him. They were really complimentary about him. They also spoke highly of the General.

A useful point all things considered.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:08:48 »

I wasn’t close to the front so can’t comment on the events that triggered the trouble but there had been a fair bit of goading of the stewards for quite a while. Regardless of any comments made by individuals there is no excuse for ripping up seats and stadium signage and hurling them at the stewards.
I saw the Stevenage fans decided to get in on it too with at least 3 bottles hurled at the Town players as they celebrated the goal.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:10:48 »

Just got home. Really good first half performance, Payne unlucky not to score a deflected shot and Simpson should have done better when about 8 yards out.

Started second half poorly and goal was coming, but very preventable. Gladwin switched off at the back post and a great finish. Think we may find it tough to break teams down when we go a goal behind, but we stuck to the plan and got a good point in the end. As others have said, Gilbert looked very decent when he came on.

As for the fan situation - stewards all games were utter cocks, very provoking to Swindon fans and the one that everyone surged to was definitely goading the fans. The fans did still act like bell ends and all behaviour by the (big) minority was inexcusable. Would have been different if the stewards had been more refrained and also where the fuck was any police?!
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #396 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:12:18 »

...I hope that blonde idiot who was kicking bins and throwing them on the pitch isn't at Northampton....what a drip! Then a few stone island peckers making wanker signs at kids and elderly Stevenage fans as they were leaving. Ridiculous behaviour, made me wish we were shit again with Phil Brown as manager as less of these types seemed to travel away.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:14:30 »

Hopefully the twats will be found and punished.  Never understood why people behave like that - It's not as if it is kids either.

I find it really interesting how shocked and appalled some people can be by fairly innocuous revelry. And the age thing is fascinating. Teenagers today moaning that blokes in their ‘50’s were standing up and singing to watch the game rather than sitting down politely. The different generations really seem to have vastly different perspectives on the nature of watching football.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:15:56 »

No and not that I saw.   Both sets of fans walked towards town together.

We always seem to take a fair share of undesirables to the larger away days.   They may go the smaller ones too but harder to get away with the twattishness

Thanks Pookemon. I've not witnessed too much trouble over recent years apart from Oxford so was surprised to hear about seats getting ripped up and thrown.

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:26:16 »

I find it really interesting how shocked and appalled some people can be by fairly innocuous revelry. And the age thing is fascinating. Teenagers today moaning that blokes in their ‘50’s were standing up and singing to watch the game rather than sitting down politely. The different generations really seem to have vastly different perspectives on the nature of watching football.

Ripping up seats, bins, hoardings etc and chucking them on the pitch cannot be described as "innocuous revelry"
Standing up in the first row so everyone behind you, no matter how small or infirm, has to follow suit is just inconsiderate.   Go to the back FFS.

Shout, boo, get pissed, smoke in the bogs but don't spoil everyone else's day just because you want to be a cunt on your day off

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:28:38 »

So, how does Garner get Gilbert into the starting XI?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:29:44 »

Ripping up seats, bins, hoardings etc and chucking them on the pitch cannot be described as "innocuous revelry"
Standing up in the first row so everyone behind you, no matter how small or infirm, has to follow suit is just inconsiderate.   Go to the back FFS.

Shout, boo, get pissed, smoke in the bogs but don't spoil everyone else's day just because you want to be a cunt on your day off

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/club-statement-stevenage-away/

So, give no fucks
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:30:54 »

As I say, I find the different perspectives interesting and extraordinary…
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:35:09 »

Mate of mine went. Talked to him and he said it started when a Steward said ‘you don’t mess with the Taliban’. That escalated to a response of ‘you can stick fucking (insert deity of choice) up your arse’.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 19:38:23 »

Never understood anyone wanting to be a steward at football matches.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: