Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42288 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 16:35:46 »

I agree but that appears to be Garners Football philosophy similar to williams and at times we just pass for the sake of it
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 16:38:33 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 16:38:07 »

Not sure how much you have watched, but being big/tall doesn't mean those players can fulfill that role. Not sure Simpson has won that type of header all season, its just not his game.

It isn’t just headers though is it. Going long / direct doesn’t mean pumping it 9ft in the air.

Simpson can no doubt get the ball into his body and play with his back to goal - as long as there are people around him (something we didn’t do enough of vs Mansfield)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 16:41:18 »

I think that'll come though DiV.

I don't think Town have played their best/fittest side yet so to be where they are at, the signs look good.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 16:44:33 »

Did they give the attendance as not showing anywhere

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 16:46:34 »

Did they give the attendance as not showing anywhere

Attendance: 3589

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 16:47:38 »

Cheers so slightly more than expected

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 17:02:11 »

I think that'll come though DiV.

I don't think Town have played their best/fittest side yet so to be where they are at, the signs look good.

Perhaps it will. Having said that if you can’t / won’t do it in the 89th minute whilst 1-0 when are you going to do it,

I get the impression that Garner has told them to stick to passing unless he tells them otherwise. Maybe once that is fully embedded he’ll had a plan b. You know learn / perfect one thing at a time.

Who knows *shrugs*
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 17:45:11 »

Asking an ex-GK about passing football will likely always come with a negatively edged response. Especially if they played in a less modern version of the game.

FORRRRR'ARRRRDD!

I think when the squad clicks/has some more correctly targeted additions, Town will be unplayable (hence get to Jan then boom). Sorry Phil Smith, your opinion is outdated but expected from many GKs.

Tbh, Hodgetts is to blame there really. It's like asking a bald guy about his opinion on hair extensions.

Eh? I can’t see why a Gk’s opinion is any less worthy? They get the best view of the game in front of them. That’s about as valid as the Robbie Savage approach to phone-ins, which is to reject anyone’s view on the basis they didn’t play professionally so can’t possibly know anything.

Sounds like we deserved a point on balance without setting the world alight. I’m looking forward to seeing our collection of first choice “forwards” together, but I wonder if even they might want someone there
with a striker’s instinct…. in the meantime, I’m quite happy that we’ve had a lucky break or two. And that Oxford lost to AFC.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 17:56:14 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 17:50:31 »

Away point is good. Better than an away defeat. Unless we battered them for most of the game and missed a hatful of chances, I’ll take that.

Waste of energy bitching. PV next week. Three points please. Enjoy your weekend.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 17:54:19 »

And another thing - what was with the "Lawnmower Simulator" ad behind the goal?

Is that the shittest VR experience possible?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 18:07:01 »

Disappointed not to get the 3 points.
Bossed first half but need to take the chances. Will take the point though in the circumstances.

Ripping up seats, pulling down advertising boards, flares on pitch and punching stewards are likely to now get us a fine.
Fun and games out the ground with pony and traps all over. Local gypo’s deciding to have a late evening ramble. Took a short cut through the woods and got body checked by a horse Smiley

What Saturdays are all about.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 18:08:13 »

Good point in the end but the twats and their pyro  Crash

I come from a land down-under
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 18:13:25 »

Waste of energy bitching. PV next week. Three points please. Enjoy your weekend.

On the contrary, I think it's a good sign that football supporting "normality" is starting to return and don't even bring Venks into it  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 18:22:11 »

Hopefully the twats will be found and punished.  Never understood why people behave like that - It's not as if it is kids either.

We were poor second half - 2 defensive full backs just doesn't work - tempo was far too slow
Not sure why Hunt told Gladwin to leave it for their goal.

Gilbert looks decent and a really good first half display.  A couple of cracking saves from both keepers too.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 18:50:31 »

Agree with the general consensus on the thread. Thoroughly entertaining first 35-40 mins as we dominated the game, but seemed to lose direction in the second half after conceding through a rare defensive error.
Good performances from Conroy, JoJo, Payne and Reed. Thought Gladwin had a good first half but disappeared second. Gilbert looked bright when he came on and looking forward to seeing more from him.
Didn't see the pen incident clearly from the other end but by then was feeling deflated by the behaviour of a selection of idiots in the away end. Embarrassing and somewhat sickening to see. Put a dampener on what could have been a feel good ending to the match.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: