Payne - 9 (13%)
Simpson - 26 (37.7%)
Williams - 6 (8.7%)
Iandolo - 0 (0%)
McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Mansfield T MoM  (Read 5815 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 19:09:12 »

I'll tell you tomorrow. Don't want to be accused of influencing the vote.  Wink

But don't you get the feeling that Hockaday has trouble knowing who's who on the pitch?

He had enough trouble working out who was sitting next to him - he called AH Shaun on at least one occasion...
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:39:24 »

Reed was my man of the match - two crucial bloccks first half and his free kick in stoppage time highlights, but protected defence and used the ball well.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 21:02:37 »

Reed was my man of the match - two crucial bloccks first half and his free kick in stoppage time highlights, but protected defence and used the ball well.

One of those blocks first half simply outstanding.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 23:15:10 »

Simpson gets the vote of confidence.
Some similarities to Michail Antonio in terms of build and running.
Wouldn't be a bad role model.
If we don't manage to get the right kind of experience in then would be happy for another young gun to come in as backup.

Good day at the office for Tyreece, unlike his counterpart who had an off day on almost a Mandronesque scale.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 09:16:18 »

Payne
Reed
Conroy

In that order. Though the top 2 were nip and tuck

Simpson did have comfortably his best game in a town shirt, and I'm delighted he scored his first professional
goal
----------
Did payne and reeds work rate come through in ifollow?

Payne was absolutely everywhere, wanting the ball and trying to get things going from the off to the 90th. That's why he got my MOM
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 09:20:22 by Batch » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 11:32:26 »

Payne
Reed
Conroy

Simpson did have comfortably his best game in a town shirt, and I'm delighted he scored his first professional
goal
----------

Payne was absolutely everywhere, wanting the ball and trying to get things going from the off to the 90th. That's why he got my MOM
Only watched on ifollow so far this year.

Payne's workrate and positivity certainly did come through.  

Because he is so committed to getting things moving offensively and is always looking for the ball, his output inevitably includes a few mispasses and losses of possession.  He is the early season's Anthony Grant in that he is the player that makes us tick.  If you recall how tedious our build up was under Williams, it is above all Payne that looks to inject that bit extra and create some danger.

There were so many real excuses last year but after looking forward to seeing him play I was rather underwhelmed.  Whether it's League 2 or Garner, he is a new man this year - or more likely back to his old self that was pretty widely admired at Lincoln.

Reed narrowly edged him yesterday for me.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 11:35:33 by RedRag » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 13:45:20 »

Payne
Reed
Conroy

goal
----------

Same for me and how I voted

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Redhouses

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 14:05:13 »

Simpson did me. Best I’ve seen him play, he’s getting a bit sharper, and obviously he got a goal!
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 14:28:11 »

Reed, his blocks and range of passing, didn't expect much from him when signed but proved I know nothing.
Simpson and Payne a close second
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 30, 2021, 10:38:02 »

Struggled to pick a man of the match as nobody stuck out for me. I'd probably give it to Reed.

What I will say is that I think the general is struggling to play in this side. His passing has generally been pretty poor all season and I think once Lyden is fit Grant might revert to the bench. That said I don't think you can underestimate his importance in the squad for morale etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 30, 2021, 11:05:01 »

Struggled to pick a man of the match as nobody stuck out for me. I'd probably give it to Reed.

What I will say is that I think the general is struggling to play in this side. His passing has generally been pretty poor all season and I think once Lyden is fit Grant might revert to the bench. That said I don't think you can underestimate his importance in the squad for morale etc.
I think he will be cover for Reed

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: