Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 10580 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:16:07 »

Sat in my bar with an ale at the bottom of the garden with a little fire which is slowly dying down.

* IMG_20210829_212142.jpg (803.75 KB, 1422x1428 - viewed 174 times.)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:20:37 »

Sat in the hot tub wondering at what point I lost the ability to just scoff any sort of food and be fine with it.

It’s our sons 3rd birthday today so we’ve had a few friends round and then family - so naturally did a kid friendly but adult acceptable spread of party food, which I have been grazing on all day.

My stomach is really not taking to it well and I actually have a massive headache.

Why? Why is this a thing?  Why did it not effect me as a kid, in my teens, 20s, early 30s....

At what point do you lose the ability to comfortably eat junk food?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:24:13 »

Usually around the same time as when it decides it’s going to start making you fat too, when I was younger I could eat what the fuck I liked and was still a skinny cunt, now I need to just look at a sausage roll and my tits get bigger.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:28:13 »

Usually around the same time as when it decides it’s going to start making you fat too, when I was younger I could eat what the fuck I liked and was still a skinny cunt, now I need to just look at a sausage roll and my tits get bigger.

Was fine at 33. Still could eat whatever. Still playing football Saturdays and Sundays. Could just go out for a run on a whim and cover 10km the same pace I always could.
33-36 has been a right killer. For the first time in my life I’m above 11 stone and 15% body fat. All of it on my stomach - no football and the rare occasion I played I really feel it and reckon I’d struggle to run 2km before my back & knees hurt and I was struggling for breath.

Walking, walking is fine. I cover about 15,000 steps at work over a shift. Anything more intense than that.

It’s ridiculous because you think it’s something that happened to your parents but will never happen to you...but it does...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:34:06 »

Was fine at 33. Still could eat whatever. Still playing football Saturdays and Sundays. Could just go out for a run on a whim and cover 10km the same pace I always could.
33-36 has been a right killer. For the first time in my life I’m above 11 stone and 15% body fat. All of it on my stomach - no football and the rare occasion I played I really feel it and reckon I’d struggle to run 2km before my back & knees hurt and I was struggling for breath.

Walking, walking is fine. I cover about 15,000 steps at work over a shift. Anything more intense than that.

It’s ridiculous because you think it’s something that happened to your parents but will never happen to you...but it does...

Yep.

I’m exercising now more than I ever have before simply because if I don’t I will just get bigger and bigger, but fuck me I know about it the day after now if I have been for a run or been to the gym.
I could eat relatively well all week, gym or run 3/4 times, but if I have one day where I have a bit of a blow out I will almost always have put weight on that week.

I love my food so it’s bloody hard work.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:37:55 »

Yep.

I’m exercising now more than I ever have before simply because if I don’t I will just get bigger and bigger, but fuck me I know about it the day after now if I have been for a run or been to the gym.
I could eat relatively well all week, gym or run 3/4 times, but if I have one day where I have a bit of a blow out I will almost always have put weight on that week.

I love my food so it’s bloody hard work.

I can’t help but feel I’m going this way.
Seen as football and pavement pounding running are out the question I need to get back in the gym.
It’s finding the time. Working nights, having my son morning to early afternoon then sleeping early afternoon to evening then going to work. I can’t work out where to get the time from.

Another year till he goes to school (and even then we have the option to defer for a year because he will literally turn 4 then go to school a few days later.)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:42:44 »

What weight v height  are you guys as I'm 5 10 and weigh 92kgs and need to lose a little

So, give no fucks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:45:07 »

Just finished a virtual cheese tasting. Now sitting here almost entering a cheese coma be and feeling uncomfortably full.

Like DV said, my mid thirties haven't been great for my tolerance to eating lots of food.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:47:29 »

I developed IBS in my early 40's which flares up now and again. I think after 40 your lifestyle up to then really can have negative effects going forwards.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:52:07 »

What weight v height  are you guys as I'm 5 10 and weigh 92kgs and need to lose a little

5‘10 and 72kg

So on most of the scales and charts I’m probably in a healthy range based on those numbers
How I feel is a different matter, as is how I look. It’s all belly so it looks like I’ve got a small beer gut and it’s probably been about 13 years since I drank beer and even then it didn’t drink much.
I’ve never had a 6 pack but always had a flag stomach.

Just feels like a slippery slope that’s only going to get worse.

Hoping as the boy gets older it’ll free up some time
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:58:03 »

Hoping as the boy gets older it’ll free up some time

It won't 🙂.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 21:00:13 »

I'm 57 and followed the same path as you as I was low 70kgs in my early to mid 30's but gradually put on weight mainly due to eating all hours because of shift pattern and booze at the week end.

Like you describe yourself I'm not really fat just have a bit of a belly even though I don't eat much crap these days or drink much booze but as you get older it's harder to lose. I do a few miles walking in a week but ten years ago I used to cycle quite abit in my spare time and lost 10kgs so it is achievable with a little comittment.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 21:03:40 »

What’s with all the kgs shit? Stones and pounds, ffs!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 21:06:51 »

I had to work that out...202lbs 😀

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 21:08:40 »

It won't 🙂.

Well, what with working nights and being awake during the day - he’ll be at school during most of my ‘awake but not at work’ hours.

That’s the hope I’m clinging onto...still a year away
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: