Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 37457 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 16:26:02 »

I'm now on a bus with a town fan who's talking to himself. He walked from the CG to the tri centre.  Huh? Huh?
I get on at Fleming way by the fire station
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #301 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 16:26:26 »

Not sure we’d have the midfield to set up 442 but from what I saw McKirdy running off Simpson could work...
On the last couple of games showings I would play McKirdy alongside Simpson from the off instead of the very poor Gladwin, also find a place for Williams to start.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #302 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 16:43:50 »

The ball definately landed ON the line from this position.

Hit the crossbar and post then bounced onto the line and out.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1431641558101676035

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 16:50:17 »

It went in. Before that image it’s bounced off the backside of the Mansfield player who’s completely in the net

Things get better but they never get good
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 16:52:15 »

Not the best performance but we were good in spells, lucky to get the win though. Williams did well when he came on and very happy for Simpson to get his goal.

Mansfield played well I thought, likely to be up there.

Did not expect 10 points from the opening 5 games a month or so ago  Clap
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 16:53:17 »

It went in. Before that image it’s bounced off the backside of the Mansfield player who’s completely in the net

What Dave said.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #306 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 16:56:54 »

What Dave said.
Pretty sure the ref and his assistant said it didn't cross the line, I agree with the ref and linesman thats good enough for me Cheesy

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 17:15:34 »

Pretty sure the ref and his assistant said it didn't cross the line, I agree with the ref and linesman thats good enough for me Cheesy

They see it at pitch level. I can see why they’d miss it.
Lino would have Crichlow & the Mansfield player in his eye line. Whilst trying to also watch the lines for offside...

VAR would have given it
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 17:24:10 »

On the last couple of games showings I would play McKirdy alongside Simpson from the off instead of the very poor Gladwin, also find a place for Williams to start.
What was with putting Gladwin in centre mid today after taking Grant off, we were really lucky to get away with that. The last thief that Gladwin is deep lying centre mid.
Chippyred

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 17:24:41 »

Not sure how we won that. All Mansfield in the first half really. 45 mins of defending.  Started better 2nd half and one moment of quality got williams away and a great ball in and we score.  Gave away far to many free kicks against a team with a huge striker, asking for trouble, but got away with it.  Our system doesnt work, simpson is left miles from any team mates.  Gladwin way to slow to support him. In wellens promotion season we had a 2nd striker in yates and a really attacking player like woolery or Anderson supporting the striker.  We now have midfielders rather than actual attackers trying to support but without the pace to do so.  We need that extra striker and if possible another left back.  Hunt doesnt provide width and crosses playing on the left and ellis is not a left back.  Would give us way better ballance with a proper left footed left back in there.

Still how awesome was it when we scored  Cheesy
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 17:31:46 »

Gladwin is lucky to be starting at the moment, he’s been very poor every time I’ve seen him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 17:36:54 »

Gladwin is lucky to be starting at the moment, he’s been very poor every time I’ve seen him.

If we’re going 4231 there is lots of competition for those 3 attacking midfield slots.
Payne, KKH, Gladwin, McKirdy, Williams, Iandolo(?)

On current form Gladwin is definitely not in the top 3.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 17:38:01 »

There’s a conundrum for Garner and his ‘pass, pass, pass’ theory. It seems logical to us fans that at various times putting your boot through the ball is the correct decision. But if Garner was to tell them that the players would whack it more often than not once given that option.

If you lose the ball in possession 20 yards from your own goal you are in immediate danger. Getting rid may well give the ball straight back to the opposition  but, generally at our level, they aren’t good enough to profit from it.

Would a fit Lyden improve the side? Is Garner too defensive minded at home? All 3 wins have come in the 2nd half after a goal-less first. Should we be on the front foot from the get go?

Whatever, it’s not good viewing at the moment. We create few chances but concede too many. That can’t be a recipe for sustained success.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 17:57:09 »

This.

It really doesn't matter. Goal not given, nothing to see here, move along.

And it really does look like the rub of the green is with us for a change (was it the Cobblers offside a couple for seasons ago that rightly pissed us off - it could that someone upstairs is smiling on us, and I don't just mean Clem 😁)

No one kills a thread like me....
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 18:05:45 »

Is it down to me to complain about the ref again?  Free kick if a Mansfield player had his feelings hurt.  Wrestle us to the ground, go through the back of us, elbow and headbutt our player again and again - play on.  Somehow 7 minutes of stoppage time.

In short I was not impressed with him.

But then again the Mansfield fans probably were not either.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: