Payne - 3 (5.1%)
Simpson - 2 (3.4%)
Williams - 0 (0%)
Hunt - 0 (0%)
East - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford C vs STFC MoM  (Read 8225 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 15:57:12 »

Well that was painful. Our worst performance so far, little control, proper L2 clogging. I only spotted two consistently good performances among all that dross. Let's see if you agree.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 15:59:44 »

Jono and Conroy my top 2...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 15:59:55 »

Wollacott is my player of the season at this very early stage...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:01:19 »

Well that was painful. Our worst performance so far, little control, proper L2 clogging. I only spotted two consistently good performances among all that dross. Let's see if you agree.

Are you for real? Wow.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:04:15 »

Wollacott. Easilly. Kept us in it.
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:07:14 »

Are you for real? Wow.

I don't think he's far wide. We were poor today. But RF seems to be overlooking what we did well today so 'dross' is a tad unfair.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:08:11 »

Let's hope that Wollacott's performances do not attract the attention of the 'bigger' lower league teams.  

Nothing to see here
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:08:20 »

Are you for real? Wow.

Problem? Only Jojo and Conroy played to their potential. Everyone else was below par.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:09:24 »

Let's hope that Wollacott's performances do not attract the attention of the 'bigger' lower league teams. 

Like Salford :-)

I come from a land down-under
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:11:23 »

When your keeper is MoM for 2 games running there is obviously something not right.

Don’t know what sell on City have on JoJo but what the hell. What a keeper!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:14:17 »

I don't think he's far wide. We were poor today. But RF seems to be overlooking what we did well today so 'dross' is a tad unfair.

Not poor in my opinion.
Problem? Only Jojo and Conroy played to their potential. Everyone else was below par.
No problem. Just see it differently. Thought they did well
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:16:43 »

Wollacott by a country mile again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:18:36 »

Without Wollacott in the first half we would have been dead and berried. He continued to remain strong in the second half too. Inspired the rest of the defence.

Wollacott 9
Kept us in the game. Couple of super saves. Only one untidy one, but kept us in the game. Looks so solid at the back

Iandolo 6
Looked good going forward in the first half, but run ragged in defence with little help from Payne.

Conroy 8
Thought he was immense at the back. Several goal saving challenges

Critchlow 7.5
Aerial command superb. Always in the right place, except for a 5 min period at the end of the first half, where he was all over the shop

Odimayo 6
Solid if unspectacular. Offered little going forward. Caught up the pitch a little on a couple of occasions but bailed out by Conroy

Reed 7
Very very defensive midfield performance. Solid in front of the defence. Did well at that. Didn’t really venture forward, other than to press a couple of times

Grant 6.5
Shithousing well again. Blasted over a shot in the first half. Tried to protect the back four. Didn’t link well with KKH today.

Payne 7
Scored. Looked threatening in the first half when facing their goal, but was pressed into mistakes a number of times in our half with his back to goal.

Gladwin 5.5
Couple of sublime interactions with others, one of which brought the goal. However, the only time he was in the game was when the ball was on his toe. He was so far off the pace again and I really think his legs have gone. I hope not, as I really want him to do well

KKH 6
Didn’t get into the game much today. Did better in last 20 mins of second half, but not as threatening as he has been.

Simpson 7
What a conundrum this fella is. Did some really good hard work harrying and hustling off of the ball. And a couple of good bits of link up play, including sliding in Payne for the goal. But, he is a wide player and not a CF imho. He’s doing his best in that role and trying hard. But he is often on his heels, doesn’t anticipate well and doesn’t win headers.

Subs:
Hunt
Brought on to solidify the left. Parked at LB. No attacking.

Williams
Moved around nicely. Shithoused well.

East
Reed was totally knackered. Came on to defend for a few mins.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:30:05 »

Simpson's got something about him. And let's not forget he got an assist today. If it was a goal you'd say it was well taken.

But that 'something' isn't a goal scoring something. I reckon he could destroy this division if we found the right position for him, we just need to figure out what that position is.

« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:32:41 by Flashheart » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:43:47 »

KKH wasn't as impressive today.

I reckon he's wasted in a forward position. I think his potency lies in his ability to run with the ball from deep positions causing teams all sorts of tactical problems.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: