Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34025 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:11:20 »

Don't share all your enthusiasm for the desperate antics in the last 15 minutes. It was embarrassing that a team with the footballing ability those players have should have to resort to that to beat a team in this league. Let's put it down to early season stutters, but we were uniformly awful after the first twenty minutes. Couldn't string passes together, could hold up balls, slowed down every opportunity of a break. Odimayo, Iandolo and Grant were especially wayward. KKH and Reed were anonymous, Simpson mainly clumsy. Only Payne's running, Conroy's cool head and especially Jojo's flawless performance got us anything from that. completely undeserved result.

Less encouraged by that than by both the previous league games we failed to win.

Effectively no preseason, what do you expect?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:11:51 »

Garner:
- Pleasing because we have played well with the ball in several games and not had this result
- Resilient in the second half
- Better organised in second half
- Wollacott outstanding again in first half
- Pressed and were more solid in 2nd
- Good skill for the first
- Simpson had touch of class and composure to slide in Payne
- Simpson link up play was superb
- Outstanding today
- Williams was pushed and Garner was unhappy. Didn't think it was right. Didn't expect the melee after it
- We have a good group ethic considering the time that players have been together
- Celebrated in front of fantastic away support
- Wanted to keep Odimayo at the back with KKH in front due to their threat
- We could have been better with the ball in the second half. Think this was down to fatigue
- Mentally fatigues in first and physically so in the second
- Two days off this week then a week working into Mansfield game. We have worked them hard so far.
- It is a fair reflection (points wise now) of what we have done in the opening weeks
- Reed: Think it was just fatigue and cramp. His work ethic was outstanding. Not just a great footballer, but can do the defensive side.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:16:44 »

OK, I was agreeing with you in the another thread, but now you're acting as though there was nothing positive about today's game. And I don't only mean the 3 points.

Maybe. I just thought that after a bright start, we just kept giving them the ball back, constantly inviting pressure. Without Jojo, they'd have been out of sight, and it wouldn't have been undeserved. I'm delighted we got away with one, but that wasn't really digging in, it was getting lucky.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:18:00 »

one last thing i did particularly enjoy (may have been highlighted previously) was the club social media photo in the away dressing room today where they have put up posters of the players from the 1st away win goal celebrations.

its the small things, just makes us seem like we have professionals in charge again and the psychology of reminding them of what it feels like to win and enjoy it
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:20:12 »

9 mins of added time.

Before Garner and Bowyer got carded, it was fouls cvommitted even but 4 yellows for Town and 0 for Salford

Was the referee as big a c unt as the stats suggest?
No. We were the biggest shithousers in the world. Bowyer should have had a red not a yellow though. A manager should never push an opposing player over.

Flashheart

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:21:11 »

Maybe. I just thought that after a bright start, we just kept giving them the ball back, constantly inviting pressure. Without Jojo, they'd have been out of sight, and it wouldn't have been undeserved. I'm delighted we got away with one, but that wasn't really digging in, it was getting lucky.

We dug in.

You're doing our defenders an injustice here. They kept the ball out by skill and determination, luck just helped a bit.

Any one of our defenders could have been MOM today as they all put in good performances. Salford were the better team, but let's give credit to the players who got us the points today.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:22:07 »

Isn't that assault Bad Mood

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #217 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:22:33 »

Difficult to watch, backs to the wall defending and keeping at times, got niggly near the end.

Payne took his goal well, Wollacott almost faultless for the 2nd game in a row and another clean sheet too, some great defending.

Did we deserve it? Maybe not on chances but we won and thats all that matters at the end of the day.

Another great turnout by Town fans too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:23:11 »

Just started reading - who did he push over ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #219 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:23:37 »

Just started reading - who did he push over ?
Williams

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:27:04 »

Payne:
- Talked about Simpson.
- Way we play is that we have a lot of the ball and ust be frustrating for him as he does lots of running but doesnt always get the ball. He worked really hard today
- Talked about fans outsinging everyone all year so far
- Havent had long to gel, but picking up 7 points is good.
- Getting some rest and training sessions in.
- Every game has been a challenge and learning experience. Lots of positives, including Cambridge where Payne thought we did well
- Good feel factor at the club this year from top to bottom. Last year there wasn't
- Night and day from last year. Those that have come in this year have been brilliant. The staff all want us to do well.
- Always hard to tell where you are going to be after so few games. We have definitely got something to build upon.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:28:24 »

Don't share all your enthusiasm for the desperate antics in the last 15 minutes. It was embarrassing that a team with the footballing ability those players have should have to resort to that to beat a team in this league. Let's put it down to early season stutters, but we were uniformly awful after the first twenty minutes. Couldn't string passes together, could hold up balls, slowed down every opportunity of a break. Odimayo, Iandolo and Grant were especially wayward. KKH and Reed were anonymous, Simpson mainly clumsy. Only Payne's running, Conroy's cool head and especially Jojo's flawless performance got us anything from that. completely undeserved result.

Less encouraged by that than by both the previous league games we failed to win.
Surely the way you saw the game serves as an explanation as to why those 'antics' were employed?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:29:03 »

Funny how differently people see games of football. I'm actually staggered by some of the comments I've read on here today. I for one enjoyed that and think the lads deserve nothing but praise for a hard fought victory. Enjoy your evening folks.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:32:00 »

Isn't that assault Bad Mood
Garner apologised for his part in the melee, but wanted the authorities to look at the incident. He said he isn't a fiery character, but thought that was totally inappropriate.

(For those not watching: Williams ran the ball out of play in front of the Swindon dugout. He carried on running in front of the Salford dugout and tried to dribble the ball away to delay a throw in. As he was trying to get round the defender trying to get the ball for a throw in, Bowyer stepped forward and pushed Williams over (to stop him taking the ball away). He then picked the ball up and gave it to the defender. Garner ran from the Swindon dugout to confront Bowyer, as did other Swindon coaches. Most of the rest of the 22 players ran in front of the dugout and there were hand bags for a few mins. Ref then yellowed Williams, Bowyer and Garner.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 16:34:45 »

Funny how differently people see games of football. I'm actually staggered by some of the comments I've read on here today. I for one enjoyed that and think the lads deserve nothing but praise for a hard fought victory. Enjoy your evening folks.

Swindon went there with a plan. They were going to be tight at the back and hoped to nick a goal. Once we scored, which we hadn't really looked like doing (much like last week) then we parked the bus very, very successfully.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: