Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34015 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:41:31 »

that first half has been hard to watch

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:42:45 »

Think Hunt for Iandolo is a given, we need more in the middle so I’d probably take off Gladwin and put East on. That said Simpson isn’t really providing much of an outlet so can see us trying a false 9 or putting Parsons up there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:42:59 »

poor half. regroup and reorganise
Flashheart

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:43:18 »

Fine display from Wollacott so far.

Need to change something, Salford are well on top here.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:44:17 »

Think we’re 2 players short of really challenging, a striker obviously and a proper left sided full back/wingback. Iandolo is struggling and has always been suspect defensively and it’s obviously not Hunt’s preferred side so we lack a bit on the left.

Can't argue with that based on the first half showing. Only caveat is we haven't seen too much of Simpson as he is so isolated. Not sure whether he's not very good or the system needs tweaking a bit to get him more involved. He doesn't seem to have much composure.

Jojo Wollacott our best player so far.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:44:34 »

HT 0-0

Wollacott has been superb.

Conroy with a couple of saving tackles.

I thought Critchlow was doing quite well until the last 5 mins when he was all over the shop!

The rest have been incredibly inconsistent.

Iandolo looking good going forward but no final ball because noone showing. Struggled defensively.

Payne awful back to goal as midfielders pressing him into mistakes. But looks bright going forward.

Gladwin still looks off the pace and knackered to me

Simpson isn't ready for this role.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:44:44 »

Wollacott on his way to man of the match again (he was on Tuesday, too).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:46:23 »

l think we are watching two different games Smiley

Hardly anything in possession between the teams. They've just created more. We lack punch upfront. 1 up top does not do us any favours.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:48:10 »

That’s 1 goal now in 3.5 games. If Garner doesn’t address it this coming week he’s off my Xmas card list.

The honeymoon is coming to an end.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:49:10 »

Can't argue with that based on the first half showing. Only caveat is we haven't seen too much of Simpson as he is so isolated. Not sure whether he's not very good or the system needs tweaking a bit to get him more involved. He doesn't seem to have much composure.

Jojo Wollacott our best player so far.
With Simpson his touch just isn’t up to it currently, it seems to always bounce off him. He had a good chance from Payne pass but it bounced off him into the keepers arms. Can’t help but feel the other players aren’t sure about sending the ball up to him as they think it’ll just come straight back and that’s why we are getting caught in possession a lot.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:49:33 »

The good - it's 0-0 still and they look a bit soft at the back.

The bad - the rest.

Iandolo and Payne have been woeful in defending that half.  Payne has offered zero support to Iandolo and he has shown he is not a left back for a game with pacey or nippy wide players.  Iandolo gets beat for position and also simply beat.  On a booking now as well.

Reed, Grant and Gladwin don't have a pair of functioning legs between them it seems.  Not just a lack of pace but all three are a bit slow over a couple of yards as well.  As a result we have no drive going forward and runners are left free when defending.  I know we should expect them to get fitter, but I still think that three won't work especially away from home.

Simpson - he may be a good player in time, we need something different right now.

KKH/Odimayo - not terrible, but I think we need to shake up the left side and bring KKH back.

Central defenders - getting pulled out of position too many times.

I think this second half could be a good litmus test as to whether Garner is the sort of person who can make a good Head Coach or whether he is a Luke Williams type.  Right now it's a tactical mess and nothing changed over the 45 minutes.  We are wide open down our left, slow in the middle and don't seem to have much of plan for breaking their press beyond tapping it about and seeing what happens.

Personally I'd take Iandolo off, move Critchlow to left back and slot Odimayo in alongside Conroy with KKH at right back and bring someone like Williams on.

If anyone on the bench has some dynamism in central midfield, bring them on for Gladwin or Reed.  Given how the first half went, Parsons may be too risky, so it is probably East, or McKirdy and moving Payne or him into the middle with Gladwin going off.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:52:32 by RobertT » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:51:04 »

I would just like to express my appreciation for Bristol Rovers.  Losing 4 nil at half time.  However badly we're doing, we're not doing that.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:53:27 »

Fuck me. Anyone would think we are losing by the comments. Keeper has made great saves but we've had plenty of the ball and don't look that bad to me. Just need more goal threat as the build up play is there.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:55:12 »

Hardly anything in possession between the teams. They've just created more. We lack punch upfront. 1 up top does not do us any favours.
Stats say they have had 8 chances with 5 on target. We have had 3 off target shots.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 14:57:48 »

Stats say they have had 8 chances with 5 on target. We have had 3 off target shots.
Yeah I've seen the stats.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: