Parsons - 2 (2.7%)
Simpson - 0 (0%)
Gladwin - 0 (0%)
Williams - 0 (0%)
Iandolo - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Tranmere R MoM  (Read 6777 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 07:58:16 »

Voted for JoJo Wollacott. So good they named him twice.

Just pipped Payne.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:13:02 »

I voted for Payne, thought a lot of what was good came through him. Had to chuckle when the supporters gave Anthony Grant the 'official' man of the match, yes he did some things very well as you come to expect but he was equally very sloppy at times and gave away what looked to me a penalty holding onto Dieservwe. (sp) Some very good showings tonight though, we look an excellent work in progress overall.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:44:30 »

Has to be Woolacott - those two second half saves - from No.9’s header and Reed’s miscue ultimately won us a point.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 08:46:18 »

Ah yes, forgot to mention Wollacott. It's massively refreshing after last season's shambles between the sticks that we look to have a good all round keeper. Someone mentioned similarities to Wes, I think there is something there to be honest, good with ball with his feet, great reflexes, not bad in the air for a keeper that isn't massive.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 19:06:37 »

Wollacott was superb. Made the saves, took the crosses, organised his defence, looking for a quick release to set up attacks, good kicking.  That was frankly a brilliant performance. I thought Payne also played very well, but Wollacott was near faultless.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 19:38:54 »

Yeah I was impressed by Wollacott.  He certainly had an awareness of what he needed to do to combat Tranmere's big fella up front rather than just hanging back to hope the defence dealt with it.  He came out to one very dangerous cross just flicking it away before the big fella got in.

Very promsing, but maybe we have low expectations after the last year of keepers!

Never knowingly overstated.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 21:29:08 »

Very promsing, but maybe we have low expectations after the last year of keepers!

You may be right, but let's be positive. :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: