Parsons - 2 (2.7%)
Simpson - 0 (0%)
Gladwin - 0 (0%)
Williams - 0 (0%)
Iandolo - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Tranmere R MoM  (Read 6845 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:45:10 »

Beginning to see a side and a style of play coming together tonight. Some really decent individual performances too. We might be alright this year.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:48:27 »

Payne for me. Broke through the line a number of times and looked Swindon’s biggest threat.

Surprised someone voted for Grant. Gave the ball away sloppily a few times today and it could have cost us on another day. He did make some good interceptions during the game however.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:55:46 »

The majority of the control, energy and creativity came from Payne.  A couple of great balls in the channels to set up chances, just a shame he hasn't got a better/harder shot on him.

Best player in red tonight though..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:56:06 »

I went with Wollacott... Very assured performance...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:56:34 »

Great shout, close runner up for me.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 20:57:56 »

Same as you.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:02:57 »

Very tight between Wollacott and Grant. Was originally going to give it to Grant, but I think that Wollacott kept us in the game.

Wollacott 8.5:
Couple of very good saves that kept us in the game

Hunt 7
Played better than the weekend. Managed to push forward more.

Critchlow 7
Defended well. Only one dodgy moment in the second half where he could easily have given away a penalty

Conroy 7
Solid and looked a little more mobile. Couple of sprayed passes went awry.

Odimayo 6
Distribution and final ball was way off the mark today. One of his poorer performances

Reed 7
Played much better tonight. Pushed further forward than at the weekend and also broke play up. Seemed to play in partnership with Grant tonight, rather than getting in his way

Grant 8.5
Back to his best. One howler in the first half, but awesome thereafter

Payne 8
He was our only consistent threat until Williams came on. Everything good went through him and he worked well with Reed and Grant

McKirdy 7
Best chances of the game, one saved by the keeper and the other hit the post. Then there was the wonderful through ball from Payne that the keeper did brilliantly to save. But, unfortunately, McKirdy drifts in and out of the game and goes through periods where he doesn’t pass it.

Parsons 7
Very good debut. Couple of good touches. Took the ball past a couple of defenders and had a strong shot.

Simpson 6
Couple of good touches and one shot. Gave away too many silly fouls.

Subs:
Gladwin 5
Looks very slow. Not yet up to speed. Thought he started off too deep. Then got a bit better playing up the pitch. But, like the reast of the midfield, we were too slow and ponderous and crowded out on the edge of the box. Had to rely on slide rule passes to unlock the defence. When we did, keeper did very well

Iandolo NA
Didn’t really have enough time to build and influence the game.

Williams 7
Not on long, but changed the threat on the left. Looked very bright and tricky. Looking forward to seeing more from him. Not sure who is going to bury any chances he makes though.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:03:17 »

Wollacott for me also, looking like a smart piece of business.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:04:21 »

Walacott.

Payne and Grant were excellent too
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:11:42 »

Did anyone else notice Payne(?) telling Odimayo to make a run instead of standing still?

I'm not pointing it out to be critical. Quite the opposite. It's that type of stuff that we just haven't ironed out yet and there'd be a lot more examples that are less obvious.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:13:07 »

Walacott.

Payne and Grace were excellent too
Young Mr Grace?

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:15:23 »

Did anyone else notice Payne(?) telling Odimayo to make a run instead of standing still?

I'm not pointing it out to be critical. Quite the opposite. It's that type of stuff that we just haven't ironed out yet and there'd be a lot more examples that are less obvious.

Yes, and from a standing start he muscled past the defender then crossed it straight into another defender.

Odimayo not yet up to speed and didnt have a great game tonight (Not a 'bad' one, but his touch and movement wasnt good)

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:26:45 »

Very tight between Wollacott and Grant. Was originally going to give it to Grant, but I think that Wollacott kept us in the game.

Wollacott 8.5:
Couple of very good saves that kept us in the game

Hunt 7
Played better than the weekend. Managed to push forward more.

Critchlow 7
Defended well. Only one dodgy moment in the second half where he could easily have given away a penalty

Conroy 7
Solid and looked a little more mobile. Couple of sprayed passes went awry.

Odimayo 6
Distribution and final ball was way off the mark today. One of his poorer performances

Reed 7
Played much better tonight. Pushed further forward than at the weekend and also broke play up. Seemed to play in partnership with Grant tonight, rather than getting in his way

Grant 8.5
Back to his best. One howler in the first half, but awesome thereafter

Payne 8
He was our only consistent threat until Williams came on. Everything good went through him and he worked well with Reed and Grant

McKirdy 7
Best chances of the game, one saved by the keeper and the other hit the post. Then there was the wonderful through ball from Payne that the keeper did brilliantly to save. But, unfortunately, McKirdy drifts in and out of the game and goes through periods where he doesn’t pass it.

Parsons 7
Very good debut. Couple of good touches. Took the ball past a couple of defenders and had a strong shot.

Simpson 6
Couple of good touches and one shot. Gave away too many silly fouls.

Subs:
Gladwin 5
Looks very slow. Not yet up to speed. Thought he started off too deep. Then got a bit better playing up the pitch. But, like the reast of the midfield, we were too slow and ponderous and crowded out on the edge of the box. Had to rely on slide rule passes to unlock the defence. When we did, keeper did very well

Iandolo NA
Didn’t really have enough time to build and influence the game.

Williams 7
Not on long, but changed the threat on the left. Looked very bright and tricky. Looking forward to seeing more from him. Not sure who is going to bury any chances he makes though.

Very harsh on Gladwin.  He played at least one brilliant pass to set up McKirdy.  Also drew countless defenders towards him to free up others.   Not really sure why you've said he's the worst in the team tonight.

Thought Grants passing was awful and well below his best.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:29:58 »

Wollacott by a country mile for me, dont think he did anything wrong all game and made one point blank save that earned us a point.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Redhouses

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 21:37:29 »

Grant was outstanding when defending, breaking up the opposition play, but as someone says, going forward/passing he can let himself down. We need a striker, probably two, I don’t think Simpson’s got what’s needed, he’s second to most balls. Parsons looked good, McKirdy too - just had to make sure he gets his pass away.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: