Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zavier Austin  (Read 21149 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:42:14 »

For the club to have noted it specifically within the statement I would be amazed if the suspicion at least is that its related to the club, perhaps a public shot across the bows regarding knowing what has been done and by whom....
That was my first thought - Power’s heavies delivering payback - which, tbh, was the only possible explanation for it being mentioned in that press release. Without that nobody would have known about the attack - it’s certainly not on t’internet.

Which begs another question. Why not? Almost every attack that requires hospital treatment is picked up by the local press. As I well know.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:44:17 »

He used to have Twitter but his account is suspended so you can’t see any of his old tweets to get an idea of his character but looking at some of the conversations he’s involved in he does sound a bit controversial…
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:46:03 »

Which account was that
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:47:16 »

I just don't think it can be ignored if someone is going to be involved in football club ownership. Football clubs are the ideal vehicle for laundering money, I wouldn't be surprised if stuff comes out relating to laundering money during during Power's time at the club as there have been plenty of rumours. Personally I think any conviction relating to laundering, embezzlement of money or similar should instantly disqualify an individual from passing the fit and proper persons test.

But the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act suggests those with spent convictions do not need to declare them. Arguably it's not the individuals that make the system rife for money laundering, it's the governance and culture of the organisation/sector. TBH the amount of laundering that can go in league 2 is a drop in the ocean compared to the world of £150m transfers.

Someone getting caught once for an unrelated offence doesn't mean they are the bad apple in the barrel.

I'm sure many of us have history's we would not want speculated on an Internet forum. And, we can't change it anyway.  
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:49:45 »

Which account was that
@zavieraustin   It's definitely him as adver used a photo from it in an stfc story in 2015.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:53:55 »

But the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act suggests those with spent convictions do not need to declare them. Arguably it's not the individuals that make the system rife for money laundering, it's the governance and culture of the organisation/sector. TBH the amount of laundering that can go in league 2 is a drop in the ocean compared to the world of £150m transfers.

Someone getting caught once for an unrelated offence doesn't mean they are the bad apple in the barrel.

I'm sure many of us have history's we would not want speculated on an Internet forum. And, we can't change it anyway.  
That’s ridiculous. That’s saying ‘I had to do it, Guv. It was just too easy. It’s not my fault’. People have choices.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 12:12:53 »

That’s ridiculous. That’s saying ‘I had to do it, Guv. It was just too easy. It’s not my fault’. People have choices.
I personally think that a person who has been convicted once over 15 years ago for something has as much right as a second chance as anyone else. If there is a list as long as your arm then yes i agree but unless i am wrong it's one offence isn't it? Are you saying that he should still be hudged 16 years later for it
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 12:17:45 »

That is in no way me excusing him by the way i still think we need answers and would like to see them asked and explained in an open way. My fear is that no matter what the answer it's not going to be good enough for some people
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 12:20:47 »

I personally think that a person who has been convicted once over 15 years ago for something has as much right as a second chance as anyone else. If there is a list as long as your arm then yes i agree but unless i am wrong it's one offence isn't it? Are you saying that he should still be hudged 16 years later for it

Convicted once but it's a pretty serious first offence if that is the case.  I doubt very much you just apply for the job of drug trafficker and money launderer straight from GCSE's.

Personally, if the EFL clear him and he and Clem front up about his less than stellar past, alongside a why we think he is good for the club ( maybe laying on the reformed character bit) then that should be enough for now.  As I said, he doesn't own any of the club officially for now and Rob Angus has the wheel.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 12:24:39 »

Quote from: RobertT
Personally, if the EFL clear him and he and Clem front up about his less than stellar past, alongside a why we think he is good for the club ( maybe laying on the reformed character bit) then that should be enough for now.  As I said, he doesn't own any of the club officially for now and Rob Angus has the wheel.

agree with that

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 12:26:45 »

Personally, I think it’s all about what direction a person takes after any conviction. If, in the intervening years, he’s been shown to have lived a more ‘average’ lifestyle, then yes. But to still be on the fringes of past behaviour then, no.

We all know lower league clubs, especially, are a perfect vehicle for money laundering so I’d say someone with a past conviction for such should not be touched with a barge pole.

The problem with the EFL governance is that they have to be fairly lax on their fit and proper tests cos, in a lot of cases, it’s only the shady geezers that want to get involved with a football club. If the choice for us was a warts and all Clem or nobody at all  . . .
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 12:33:48 »

Convicted once but it's a pretty serious first offence if that is the case.  I doubt very much you just apply for the job of drug trafficker and money launderer straight from GCSE's.

It is a very very weird crime to be honest. When you look at what he was doing he was the one picking up and collecting the money. There are 16 year olds in Swindon doing exactly the same thing now to be honest sop it is one of the first things most youngsters will do but the amounts involved here are what the biggest issue is for me. Like yopu say it'll be good of them to address it
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 12:50:08 »

@zavieraustin   It's definitely him as adver used a photo from it in an stfc story in 2015.

Very hard to judge without seeing his tweets but it seemed like he was defending Ched Evans re his rape conviction and then got in a bit of a discussion with a lady which looked to be a bit derogatory/mysogonistic. This was in 2015 so a fairly long time ago.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 12:59:14 »

Very hard to judge without seeing his tweets but it seemed like he was defending Ched Evans re his rape conviction and then got in a bit of a discussion with a lady which looked to be a bit derogatory/mysogonistic. This was in 2015 so a fairly long time ago.
Can only guess it escalated to get himself suspended, all guesswork but so far all the available info doesn’t paint a great picture but hopefully it all gets swiftly addressed.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 13:14:35 »

All we need to know - or more likely the EFL - is the answer to 2 questions.

1. What have you been doing since the conviction

and

2. How have you earned a living during the same time?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: