Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zavier Austin  (Read 21155 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:09:34 »

doubtful after the court hearing that have Clem the club!!

Who knows, as I have noted before after the pre-emption I wonder a) how much of the legal work for Power on recent cases have been done FoC and b) what claims may be forthcoming against PI insurances.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:12:37 »

Quote from: horlock07
Oh come on try harder, you have got to be incredibly opaque but make sure we know that you know something (or at least think you do) but sure as dammit you aren't going to tell us......

by the Ides Of March, the prime aggressor will be on a score and five. Beware of the manatee from the land of the confectioner.

Wink
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:13:33 »

by the Ides Of March, the prime aggressor will be on a score and five. Beware of the manatee from the land of the confectioner.

Wink

Beware the Jabberwock  Smiley
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:16:02 »

Wink

That's better!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:21:01 »

Hi All.. Update on this from the Trust. The Trust notes the intended appointment of Zavier Austin as vice-chair and director. We are grateful for his important part in bringing Clem to the club.   There have been some concerning comments about Mr Austin’s background on social media, but we have yet to meet him and do not know if they are accurate.  We are seeking clarity.  The Trust will be looking to meet Mr Austin if approved by the EFL and appointed as director and will then provide a further update.

Appreciate all the Trust do, but....

Why does all this have to wait until you meet him (and why does this have to wait until after the EFL have completed their box ticking), the Trust have the ear of Clem a quick phone call to Clem would confirm whether the guy is the same guy with the convictions?

Its at least vaguely concerning that for the last week or two we have been told what Clem has been eating for tea every day, but on something as big a this radio silence seems to have reappeared?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:23:55 »

Why does all this have to wait until you meet him (and why does this have to wait until after the EFL have completed their box ticking), the Trust have the ear of Clem a quick phone call to Clem would confirm whether the guy is the same guy with the convictions?

Its at least vaguely concerning that for the last week or two we have been told what Clem has been eating for tea every day, but on something as big a this radio silence seems to have reappeared?
It's been one working day since the announcement. I think you need to give them a break tbh. They have done what people have asked and asked the question and will be having a meeting, the fact that it hasn't happened in your preferred time frame isn't their fault.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 09:54:57 »

The latest Al Jazeera investigates piece into football club ownership highlighted how little the EFL do to prevent those with criminal pasts from being part of clubs, albeit some of these are not transparent and are hidden behind webs of shell companies rather than our chairman putting a public statement out.

Link below for those interested as it is a fascinating, yet bleak piece to watch.

I watched the arse end of that the other day and what I did see wasn’t very comforting for football as a whole. I never said anything here because as I said I only caught the tail end of it.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 10:49:41 »

It's a spent conviction right? Doesn't everyone has the right to move on from their past?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 10:52:06 »

Being duffed up on your doorstep suggests he’s done something to mightily piss someone off.
Flashheart

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 10:57:03 »

Being duffed up on your doorstep suggests he’s done something to mightily piss someone off.

Innocent people also get 'duffed up', and 'pissing somebody off' in this case may well have been helping Clem to get the club which would make the attacker the sole person in the wrong.

I'm not saying that Austin is innocent, he doesn't sound like the 'innocent' type, but being 'duffed up' is not a valid reason to be critical of him.

The money laundering is another matter altogether. I suppose a lot depends on what he's being doing since. It's not exactly impossible that he would have gone straight since but I have my doubts. Regardless, being part of a football club could be rather convenient for somebody who has money to be cleaned.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 10:58:02 »

It's a spent conviction right? Doesn't everyone has the right to move on from their past?

If you’re married you should know the answer to that.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:07:27 »

I just don't think it can be ignored if someone is going to be involved in football club ownership. Football clubs are the ideal vehicle for laundering money, I wouldn't be surprised if stuff comes out relating to laundering money during during Power's time at the club as there have been plenty of rumours. Personally I think any conviction relating to laundering, embezzlement of money or similar should instantly disqualify an individual from passing the fit and proper persons test.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:11:29 »

Innocent people also get 'duffed up', and 'pissing somebody off' in this case may well have been helping Clem to get the club which would make the attacker the sole person in the wrong.

I'm not saying that Austin is innocent, he doesn't sound like the 'innocent' type, but being 'duffed up' is not a valid reason to be critical of him.

The money laundering is another matter altogether. I suppose a lot depends on what he's being doing since. It's not exactly impossible that he would have gone straight since but I have my doubts. Regardless, being part of a football club could be rather convenient for somebody who has money to be cleaned.
You’re right. I’m just presuming he hasn’t just been randomly duffed up - especially at home. It may not even be related to the club takeover. Which in a way makes it even more worrying.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:15:43 »

You’re right. I’m just presuming he hasn’t just been randomly duffed up - especially at home. It may not even be related to the club takeover. Which in a way makes it even more worrying.

For the club to have noted it specifically within the statement I would be amazed if the suspicion at least is that its related to the club, perhaps a public shot across the bows regarding knowing what has been done and by whom....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:24:32 »

He used to be associated with the club via Power.

Then he introduced Clem to the club.

Then he disappeared for a bit

Then the club changed to Clems hands, and Clem bigged him up.

Then the attach is mentioned in a public PR.

2+2=5, possibly.... but ....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: