Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zavier Austin  (Read 21150 times)
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 16:48:59 »

Be a bit late then though

No not really.. The EFL process will involve an assessment of the background of Mr Austin including any criminal checks prior to a decision being made on the fit and proper test.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 16:49:45 »

Clem pays, Clem decides.  All we can do is hope he is the genuine article.  For my own sanity, I've decided he is.  I need to believe something good can happen at STFC.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 17:05:37 »

Clem pays, Clem decides.  All we can do is hope he is the genuine article.  For my own sanity, I've decided he is.  I need to believe something good can happen at STFC.

With you 100%
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 17:27:23 »

Be a bit late then though
Why?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 17:31:27 »

‘The Trust will be looking to meet Mr Austin if approved by the EFL and appointed as director and will then provide a further update.’

If he’s approved and appointed what are The Trust going to do about it after the event.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 17:52:13 »

Hi All.. Update on this from the Trust. The Trust notes the intended appointment of Zavier Austin as vice-chair and director. We are grateful for his important part in bringing Clem to the club.   There have been some concerning comments about Mr Austin’s background on social media, but we have yet to meet him and do not know if they are accurate.  We are seeking clarity.  The Trust will be looking to meet Mr Austin if approved by the EFL and appointed as director and will then provide a further update.

A couple of genuine questions (genuinely):

Was a representative of the Trust not able to meet with Mr. Austin (Zavier) at the CG when it was known he was in attendance? Surely this was a perfect opportunity to have a discussion in the boardroom, you would think? Possible to consider in your response the strong link the Trust presently has with STFC via a recently appointed CEO.

Let's say the EFL approve the appointment of ZA. How would the Trust feel about someone appointed to a considerably high level and influential position in the club (which appears to have been without any consultation), with said background? Please consider that the club is now trying to operate as not only 'open and transparent' but also as a family friendly club. Can you see why an appointment like this might put some people off and raise concerns?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 17:59:43 »

Agree with the above. If this is the same man, then it just feels like more of the same, with more bucket hats and photo opps. Very confused that the club isn’t even able to confirm that it’s a different person, which should be easy to do. Yet they’re able to disclose to the entire fan base that he was beaten up in front of his family??!!
« Last Edit: Monday, August 16, 2021, 18:02:22 by Frigby Daser » Logged
wisemensay1879

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 18:43:17 »

Appreciate the Trust statement, but as Frigby says it should be pretty easy to find out: is this the same guy or not? If not, then it's all aboard the Morfuni Express. If yes, then I'm not sure 'we've got our club back' sadly.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 18:55:43 »

Are we sure it's not this guy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Austin
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 19:16:02 »

Think we should let the EFL processes run first before we talk about whether the Trust should set a higher bar.

I wouldn't have thought anyone like the person described in the BBC article with a money laundering conviction would get through the EFL director test. It talks about a conviction for a dishonest act...!!!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 19:27:12 »

Appreciate the Trust statement, but as Frigby says it should be pretty easy to find out: is this the same guy or not? If not, then it's all aboard the Morfuni Express. If yes, then I'm not sure 'we've got our club back' sadly.

Why on earth does the appointment of a vice chairman mean we don't have our club back? We HAVE our club back.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 19:38:19 »

As said previously let’s just concentrate on the football.
Yes it is the same person and yes more challenges lie ahead. The number one objective was always to overthrow Power and that objective has been met in full. Clearly the more the club can demonstrate that it intends to run it’s business in a more transparent way then we can only hope the EFL and governing bodies give us some leniency.
Yes we have previously breached rules and we can’t change the past.

The club was days from the end and only one viable and positive alternative, we have that now.

Enjoying the football once again.
Flashheart

« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 19:41:50 »

I'm not trying to join a side regarding Austin specifically. He may well have cleaned up his act (see what I did there?)

But the EFL should not be allowing people into clubs if they have convictions for money laundering.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 19:42:27 »

As said previously let’s just concentrate on the football.

Is fans concentrating only on the football and turning a blind eye to everything off the pitch not part of the reason we ended up in a mess in the first place?
I’d say the sooner things like this are out in the open, the better for the club.

We have had to much shit to “just concentrate on the football” when our possible new vice chairman could be a convicted money launderer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 19:52:42 »

indeed.

zaver Austin also used to own this dissolved company

https://www.companywall.rs/firma/novi-sports-management-doo-beograd-novi-beograd/MMoV5uVY

that's not good, bad or indifferent really. just an observation.
--------

I've no reason or desire to want to piss our new owner off.

but the transparent card was played. let's see how it goes.

Banbury is right though, the choices were this or bust.. And let's be honest, the ownership in 3 weeks has been great
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: