McKirdy - 1 (1.8%)
Simpson - 0 (0%)
Crichlow - 0 (0%)
Parsons - 0 (0%)
East - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe U vs STFC MoM  (Read 4044 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 08:54:12 »

Go on then. Delayed due to missing Sat's game, but I've bent to overwhelming popular demand and will try to get these done again this year. Hope some of you can still remember what happened through the subsequent three-day haze.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 08:55:46 »

Grant for me as he bossed the game, but it could easily have gone to KKH or even Payne who had his best game in a Town shirt for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 09:07:36 »

Nice one RF.
Grant for me as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Penmans Penalties

now I believe scarf above the head

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 09:10:59 »

For me Grant was our MOTM , not just what he did with the ball, but looking after the youngsters, was involved in everything in the mid field, top performance, and a nice touch at the end when the scunny keeper was sat on his arse, wondering why he had back ache from picking the ball out of the back net so many times, and helping him up
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 11:11:18 »

I thought Conroy was faultless. Got my vote.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 19:13:52 »

Grant - Back to his best.

Wollacott 7
- Distribution was a bit poor at times and was a bit rash and shouldn't have given away the penalty. But made a few commanding claims and two very smart saves. Forgotten what its like to have a decent keeper.

KKH 9
- No wonder he has a 5 year contract. Defended soundly and was an immense attacking threat. Incredibly quick and gifted. Would have created more in first half if we could have found him with the ball!

Baudry 6.5
- Did what he needed to do. Still takes too many risks for my liking.

Conroy 6.5
- Only one big mistake that he got away with. He was pirouetting on the floor like Homer Simpson.

Hunt 8
- Solid down his side. Best defenders you don't notice. I didn't notice him for much of the match.

Iandolo 6.5
- Only one early mistake that left us in  difficulty. Grew into the game and had a good second half

Gladwin 7
- A little off the pace at times, but once fit, he is going to be awesome. Tricks and flicks a plenty, but made 3 mistakes in less than 30 seconds to gift them the chance for their goal. Took his goal well mind!

Grant 9.5
- Controlled, if not dominated the midfield. Nurtured the younger players too. Looked to have energy and fitness back. An amazingly (but fair) crunching tackle in the first half. Shithousery of the highest order too! Didn't see exactly what he got booked for.

Payne 8.5
- Played for the team rather than as an individual. Part of a very effective, solid and creative midfield

McKirdy 8.5
- Its like having Bobby Barnes back on the other side of the pitch! Played with flare and panache. Drifted in and out as players of his ilk do, but was a creative threat.

Simpson 7.5
- This bloke is a beast! Took a while to get into the game. He isn't a hold up man and doesn't jump that well for headers, but in the second half he showed he had pace, power and a rasping shot. He was unlucky not to have scored twice. He was certainly a handle for the Scunny defence. I like him! Seemed to get booked after winning a free kick. Didn't see why. (P.S. Mr Venkman likened him to Justin Fashanu - Big shoulders! Deffo, especially in the colours we were wearing today)

Subs:
Critchlow 7
- Not on long, but showed that he was quick and commanding in the air. I have a good feeling about him!

Parsons
- Not on long but ran and did the simple things right. Nearly fashioned himself a chance.

East
- Not on long enough to judge.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 07:36:20 »

Huge tussle in this first MoM contest - who's going to separate them?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 08:06:17 »

Thought Iandolo was our best player on the night, along with Payne (close second in the MOTM stakes). Iandolo didn't put a foot wrong defensively, and was a constant outlet going forwards - only criticism would be a little bit of quality lacking on the final cross. Both Iandolo and Payne looked really fit and strong though, where others in the squad were completely blowing out of their arse at the end! (e.g. Harry Parsons - understandable though really)

Crichlow was impressive over the 90 mins, very steady and comfortable on the ball. Had 3 different centre-back partners (Baudry, Odimayo and Grant) on the night as well, not easy to adjust to.

Think we've two excellent pure footballers on our hands with East and Reed as well - represents excellent depth in central midfield once Lyden is fit again and Grant doesn't have to cover at centre-half. Both look like Luke Williams types... small, technically gifted and supremely comfortable getting the ball in tight spaces.

All in all, a good night for STFC. We knew already that we are lacking depth/competition in forward areas. We need at least another main centre-forward and winger to keep Simpson/McKirdy on their toes.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 08:09:18 »

Thought Iandolo was our best player on the night, along with Payne (close second in the MOTM stakes). Iandolo didn't put a foot wrong defensively, and was a constant outlet going forwards - only criticism would be a little bit of quality lacking on the final cross. Both Iandolo and Payne looked really fit and strong though, where others in the squad were completely blowing out of their arse at the end! (e.g. Harry Parsons - understandable though really)

Crichlow was impressive over the 90 mins, very steady and comfortable on the ball. Had 3 different centre-back partners (Baudry, Odimayo and Grant) on the night as well, not easy to adjust to.

Think we've two excellent pure footballers on our hands with East and Reed as well - represents excellent depth in central midfield once Lyden is fit again and Grant doesn't have to cover at centre-half. Both look like Luke Williams types... small, technically gifted and supremely comfortable getting the ball in tight spaces.

All in all, a good night for STFC. We knew already that we are lacking depth/competition in forward areas. We need at least another main centre-forward and winger to keep Simpson/McKirdy on their toes.

This may be the wrong thread.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 09:22:58 »

Also went with Grant. As others have stated, he dominated the midfield and gets a bonus point for being such a shithouse the whole game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 09:34:08 »

gets a bonus point for being such a shithouse the whole game.
I think thats why I love him, its a side we haven't seen in any of our players for years, the way he winds up opponents and wins fouls by pushing back onto players tackling him to make it look like he is the one being fouled, its a real skill.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 14:59:09 »

Toss up between Grant and KKH. I chose Grant in the end, purely for his contribution to the game both with and without the ball.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 08:10:46 »

I have a problem paying for iFollow.

I pay for the season pass, by PayPal, and I can watch the match. For the next match, it's as though I bought nothing and the money is not deducted from my account.

I email iFollow, letting them know that I tried to purchase the pass using PayPal, only for them to tell me that PayPal is an alternative option if I can't use my card.

I've a hunch this is going to be frustrating.

In the meantime, I'm wondering how long I will be able to get away with watching games for nothing...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: