Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Orlando  (Read 4648 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 19, 2021, 09:43:33 »

Seems pretty good compared to, say, Alton Towers?!

When I went (20 years ago) we stayed in the most budget motel with a bunch of shady other 'guests' (residents probably). It was how we could afford the trip. I didn't care - loved Disney World!  ..................
As an aside, I was really touched by the film, "the Florida Project", about a marginalised single mother on welfare with two young kids and a very empathetic motel manager.  The kids so loved their ringside seat to the fireworks displays!!

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/homeless-children-growing-up-in-poverty-just-outside-disneyland-1.3284576#:~:text=Homeless%20children%20growing%20up%20in%20poverty%20just%20outside,2017%2C%2005%3A00%20Updated%3A%20Thu%2C%20Nov%209%2C%202017%2C%2009%3A45
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 19, 2021, 09:45:59 »

Went in January one, had the run of the place. Burnt my shins one day by the pool, didn’t see that coming, absolute agony.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 19, 2021, 14:34:30 »

Been a couple of times when the kids were smalls. Booked self catering villas with pools which made for variety.

Publix supermarkets for provisions (including copious amounts of peanut butter M&M's) with the odd morning visit to a Ponderosa for an all you could eat buffet breakfast- crispy bacon, pancakes, waffles, syrup etc.

Great holidays.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 19, 2021, 16:09:36 »

Been a couple of times when the kids were smalls. Booked self catering villas with pools which made for variety.

Publix supermarkets for provisions (including copious amounts of peanut butter M&M's) with the odd morning visit to a Ponderosa for an all you could eat buffet breakfast- crispy bacon, pancakes, waffles, syrup etc.

Great holidays.

Sounds like our holidays to Orlando, although buying Grape Jelly.

We had a timeshare at Orange Lake for about 25 years, was a great place to stay & close to Disney
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: